Minford vs. Oak Hill game CANCELLED

Post by FalconFever02 »

via Minford Alumni facebook page.

Oak Hill has cancelled due to injury.

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Minford vs. Oak Hill game CANCELLED

Post by wobycat »

Ouch. What does that even mean? In one week, they will be able to play? or should they just cancel the season?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Wow. On a completely unrelated note, any news on a third division for SOC football?*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think its coming eventually. SOVC or SVOC

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Doesn't Sciotoville East have an opening?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SWJeeps22 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:49 pm Doesn't Sciotoville East have an opening?
He's right. Someone needs to set that up

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:47 pm I think its coming eventually. SOVC or SVOC
They gotta figure something out quick because situations like this not good for anybody, especially Minford.*

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:59 pm
SWJeeps22 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:49 pm Doesn't Sciotoville East have an opening?
They don't at the moment because East filled its Week 4 date with Southern Buckeye (football club unit). But I agree, East and Minford should play if at all possible. Might be too late for East to make that change though.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

KCol wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:01 pm
They don't at the moment because East filled its Week 4 date with Southern Buckeye (football club unit). But I agree, East and Minford should play if at all possible. Might be too late for East to make that change though.
Id cancel that one and play minford

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

This is hard to take in as an Oak Hill grad. A school our size should not be in this position numbers wise.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:24 pm
KCol wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:01 pm

Id cancel that one and play minford
This is a joke, right?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Just a question, how were Oak Hill’s numbers when they were in the SOC I and winning championships or competing? The SOC has a problem but can an incoming school trust the conference? That is also a good question.

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:37 pm Just a question, how were Oak Hill’s numbers when they were in the SOC I and winning championships or competing? The SOC has a problem but can an incoming school trust the conference? That is also a good question.
They had 50ish kids on the roster when they were in the SOC1. And yes, they were doing well. Pretty sure they won the SOC1 a few times in the mid-teens. And they were playing SOC2 schools in non-conference games.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

But was it the grind of the Three W’s?

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Huge blow for both teams and very sad for the oak hill program. My opinion is if you don’t have a certain number of athletes you shouldn’t be able to compete in that sport. At least not against schools bigger than your numbers allow. Example, oak hill D5, must have 32-35 plus kids out to field a team. If not, start up soccer. Most D5 teams should be in the 40s if I had to guess. The top tier teams have 60-70 kids. You can’t expect to make it through a 10 week season and you’re putting the younger players at risk of injury just to field a team and satisfy others.

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

GoAt 10 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:17 pm Huge blow for both teams and very sad for the oak hill program. My opinion is if you don’t have a certain number of athletes you shouldn’t be able to compete in that sport. At least not against schools bigger than your numbers allow. Example, oak hill D5, must have 32-35 plus kids out to field a team. If not, start up soccer. Most D5 teams should be in the 40s if I had to guess. The top tier teams have 60-70 kids. You can’t expect to make it through a 10 week season and you’re putting the younger players at risk of injury just to field a team and satisfy others.
Ahhhh. But the Oaks are a D6 school now, and have been since last year. I think open enrollment options are hitting southern Jackson County.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

The big question is what has happened to athletics in oak hill? Why can’t they get enough kids anymore. Just a few years ago the varsity basketball team had 20+ kids, now they’re lucky to have enough to even have a team. Not to mention all teams struggle to even be competitive. The answer to this is easy, if you don’t have parents in the school system or a certain last name in oak hill you’re not given equal chances so kids don’t even bother anymore. Starts with biddy league. Sadly it probably won’t ever change.

LoyalOak
Waterboy

Post by LoyalOak »

longball wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:31 pm The big question is what has happened to athletics in oak hill? Why can’t they get enough kids anymore. Just a few years ago the varsity basketball team had 20+ kids, now they’re lucky to have enough to even have a team. Not to mention all teams struggle to even be competitive. The answer to this is easy, if you don’t have parents in the school system or a certain last name in oak hill you’re not given equal chances so kids don’t even bother anymore. Starts with biddy league. Sadly it probably won’t ever change.
Rec league sports unfortunately hadn’t been in Oak Hill for a long time until recently

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Oak Hill moving to the big SOC division is killing them in football. Biggest mistake of this programs history was agreeing to move up. They need a new home or else they may kill their program.

YouCantBeSerious
Riding the Bench

Post by YouCantBeSerious »

What does that do for Minford when it comes to computer points? Is it the same as if they would have played and won?

Return to “Football”