Post by mattash »

September 29, 2023 Piketon 30 - 49 Paint Valley

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Re: September 29, 2023 Piketon 30 - 49 Paint Valley

Post by bucknuts09 »

Wow, what a touchdown before half can do for a team! You could hear pen drops on the Piketon side from opening kickoff until 00.00 on the clock! It was also all cheer night to boot. Definitely a different culture 5 minutes north. Congratulations PV, should be exciting couple games down the stretch for SVC!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Big difference in the halves.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Re: September 29, 2023 Piketon - Paint Valley

Post by Tigernation2021 »

mikepike wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:58 pm Two plays turned this game. Piketon got stopped on fourth down in the first half deep in PV territory when they had a shot at going up 3 scores, then gave up a long touchdown right before half. PV started every second half drive in Piketon territory, and took advantage of the defensive aggressiveness and focus on Robertson to score on 3 long qb runs.

The momentum turned so quickly it isn’t even funny.
Piketon was up 3 scores as it was 24-0 so not sure if you mean Piketon had a shot at going up 4 scores or not. Even if they scored final was 49-30, getting outscored 41-6 in the second half is a major problem when you look at what happened in last weeks 2nd half. Question I have is how did every PV drive start in Piketon territory in the 2nd half? I'd answer that question first and then I think you'd probably start to find your answer as to what happened tonight. Realistically Piketon was a year away, I think most in and around the program can probably agree with that but as a coaching staff they've got to look at what's going on come 2nd half. Because let's face it halftime adjustments are what's sounding like the difference. Good Luck going forward juggernaut of a 3 week stretch for Piketon, but the best is yet to come for these younger guys.

This was such a huge loss as looking ahead, if Piketon doesn't get help there's a real possibility they'll go 7-3 and not make the playoffs in a 16 team region. Southeastern and Adena both sitting with just 1 win and finish up with Westfall who's showed at times they can flat score. Currently sitting at #21 seed.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

One thing I can say for sure about piketon is they can score. Defense has always been the issue. Idk if you can say they are a year away or not. Most ppl on this site have no idea what a team will be or won’t be. Not many ppl know what teams really have back or not. Just look back the past two years with Unioto. Last year no one thought we would do anything and we were a top team in the Svc. This year we graduated 20 seniors that’s all ppl talked about. Tyler is a good guy and a great coach on the offensive side. If piketon is ever going to get over the hump they have to be better on defense or just have a generational team like few years ago. Only time will tell if that’s next year or not. One thing you can’t do as a piketon fan is read into what ppl on here say. We will find out what team is the team when the games are played

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:03 am
mikepike wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:58 pm Two plays turned this game. Piketon got stopped on fourth down in the first half deep in PV territory when they had a shot at going up 3 scores, then gave up a long touchdown right before half. PV started every second half drive in Piketon territory, and took advantage of the defensive aggressiveness and focus on Robertson to score on 3 long qb runs.

Piketon was up 3 scores as it was 24-0 so not sure if you mean Piketon had a shot at going up 4 scores or not. Even if they scored final was 49-30, getting outscored 41-6 in the second half is a major problem when you look at what happened in last weeks 2nd half. Question I have is how did every PV drive start in Piketon territory in the 2nd half? I'd answer that question first and then I think you'd probably start to find your answer as to what happened tonight. Realistically Piketon was a year away, I think most in and around the program can probably agree with that but as a coaching staff they've got to look at what's going on come 2nd half. Because let's face it halftime adjustments are what's sounding like the difference. Good Luck going forward juggernaut of a 3 week stretch for Piketon, but the best is yet to come for these younger guys.

This was such a huge loss as looking ahead, if Piketon doesn't get help there's a real possibility they'll go 7-3 and not make the playoffs in a 16 team region. Southeastern and Adena both sitting with just 1 win and finish up with Westfall who's showed at times they can flat score. Currently sitting at #21 seed.
When Piketon got stopped, they were up 16-0. A score makes it at least 22-0. As it was, they were up 24-0 when PV scored just before half. If Piketon scores on the drive I referred to, and PV doesn’t get the score before half, Piketon starts the second half up at least 30. Piketon received the second half kickoff, so add a running clock, and I think we can safely say that the end result looks a little different.

PV, as I said, started every second half drive in Piketon territory. Due to two Piketon punts that each went less than 10 yards, kick returns that put them in Piketon territory, and an interception. Field position in the first half was pretty much a stalemate, but after halftime PV had short fields each drive. Piketon’s lack of a kicking game really hurt them last night.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

bucknuts09 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:05 pm Wow, what a touchdown before half can do for a team! You could hear pen drops on the Piketon side from opening kickoff until 00.00 on the clock! It was also all cheer night to boot. Definitely a different culture 5 minutes north. Congratulations PV, should be exciting couple games down the stretch for SVC!
Is this meant to be a dig on Piketon fans?

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

hbk1999 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:49 am
bucknuts09 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:05 pm Wow, what a touchdown before half can do for a team! You could hear pen drops on the Piketon side from opening kickoff until 00.00 on the clock! It was also all cheer night to boot. Definitely a different culture 5 minutes north. Congratulations PV, should be exciting couple games down the stretch for SVC!
When the time ticks out for the year Waverly will be 6-4, Piketon will be 6-4. Seems like a wash.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

hbk1999 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:52 am
When the time ticks out for the year Waverly will be 6-4, Piketon will be 6-4. Seems like a wash. Average season is an average season. Just saying.

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

It’s always been that way at Piketon! Offense can score and defense struggles! Gullion might want to OC and DC! I just call it how I see it!

Tigernation2021
Varsity

hbk1999 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:52 am
When the time ticks out for the year Waverly will be 6-4, Piketon will be 6-4. Seems like a wash.
Not sure what they were implying, Piketon will be 7-3 more than likely or do you have them losing to Westfall??

Tigernation2021
Varsity

mikepike wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:38 am
Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:03 am

When Piketon got stopped, they were up 16-0. A score makes it at least 22-0. As it was, they were up 24-0 when PV scored just before half. If Piketon scores on the drive I referred to, and PV doesn’t get the score before half, Piketon starts the second half up at least 30. Piketon received the second half kickoff, so add a running clock, and I think we can safely say that the end result looks a little different.

PV, as I said, started every second half drive in Piketon territory. Due to two Piketon punts that each went less than 10 yards, kick returns that put them in Piketon territory, and an interception. Field position in the first half was pretty much a stalemate, but after halftime PV had short fields each drive. Piketon’s lack of a kicking game really hurt them last night.
That's a lot of what if's in your first paragraph there considering one would never know how it would've played out. 2nd paragraph would be my concern even with the 2 shanked punts and interception I have to wonder what happened to the offense in the 2nd half? Just have to dust them off and get back to it right now Piketon is going to need a lot of help to slide into the playoffs, could be one of the rare teams that finish 7-3 and don't make it. Good Luck.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

It isnt just Piketon, but its all over southeast ohio that teams can’t kick the dang ball

Fhe svc gives out a punter of the year and it is usually a kid who averages over 20 yards a kick

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:46 pm It isnt just Piketon, but its all over southeast ohio that teams can’t kick the dang ball

Fhe svc gives out a punter of the year and it is usually a kid who averages over 20 yards a kick
Not accurate at all.

Return to “Football”