Ironton "Play anyone" but West, "Play anywhere" but the Westside

WestSideFootball
Waterboy

Ironton "Play anyone" but West, "Play anywhere" but the Westside

Post by WestSideFootball »

Adults are ruining kids football. Ironton was supposed to come to the West side for our youths homecoming but decided they didn't want to play because a group of adults got together and thought it was a bad idea. I mean come on man. Its about the kids not the adults. Its a shame adults have to ruin youth sports. Come on daddies. Let the kids play.

Ironton you can't use anyone, anywhere anymore.

LETS GO WEST!
XandOs
Varsity

Re: Ironton "Play anyone" but West, "Play anywhere" but the Westside

Post by XandOs »

WestSideFootball wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:31 pm Adults are ruining kids football. Ironton was supposed to come to the West side for our youths homecoming but decided they didn't want to play because a group of adults got together and thought it was a bad idea. I mean come on man. Its about the kids not the adults. Its a shame adults have to ruin youth sports. Come on daddies. Let the kids play.

I’ve heard there’s a lot more to story than them not just showing up. Hearing issues with parents and the law on the Westside and the league they are in banned them. If you’re insinuating Ironton is scared of Portsmouth west. Come on man. 😂😂😂

WestSideFootball
Waterboy

Not at all. Just disappointed. They could of stilled played the game. We took care of the issue. Each time a coach has an issue with a ref we just going to cancel future games? that's weak

LETS GO WEST!
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

WestSideFootball wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:31 pm Adults are ruining kids football. Ironton was supposed to come to the West side for our youths homecoming but decided they didn't want to play because a group of adults got together and thought it was a bad idea. I mean come on man. Its about the kids not the adults. Its a shame adults have to ruin youth sports. Come on daddies. Let the kids play.

Oh my, and I thought that the dumbest post of the week was already made, this one tops it, congratulations Westsidefootball lol.

WestSideFootball
Waterboy

How's it dumb? You claim you will play anyone and anywhere? You had a game scheduled this week and then canceled? Did you get everyone a game? Who does the 5th grade play?

Just don't want to see any complaining about teams canceling on you when you do the same...

Ironton Football
"Won't play everyone, won't play everywhere"

LETS GO WEST!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

XandOs wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:36 pm

I’ve heard there’s a lot more to story than them not just showing up. Hearing issues with parents and the law on the Westside and the league they are in banned them. If you’re insinuating Ironton is scared of Portsmouth west. Come on man. 😂😂😂
Well, let's just hear what all you heard then and start comparing some notes. Because it's sounding like West is saying one thing and Ironton is calling BS on what they're saying. Also nothing would surprise me when it comes to West on this subject few years back the league they were in, still could be the same one no idea, was trying to get smaller schools with smaller schools and bigger ones playing bigger ones. The West HC at the time said, "well, I just don't know that I have the numbers and I think we should be playing the small schools." Wish granted but only to come to find out the guy had 4-300 lbs on his team, yes you heard that correctly well one was 295, and they had 20 plus kids on a 6th grade team. His other coaches didn't know he done this and the teams they were playing all said NO, not happening and the SOC1 schools formed their own league. When the other coaches at the meeting found out he had said this they were shocked and said no way we should be playing the bigger schools and they actually apologized meanwhile the guy who done it wasn't there. Guess what I'm getting at is yeah, ppl can do some shady stuff and in this case it was the HC being shady and not informing his other coaches of what he was doing meanwhile they were getting the brunt end of his lies.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Ironton offered to host and play west. They refused! Some west adults ruined it trying to fight the refs and all the bullcrap they caused on the parking lot after the last game they hosted. Stay classy west

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

It is a shame the ones that gets hurt are the kids.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

If you’re worried about the refs in a youth league game you have real issues

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

We are still waiting on a return call from their AD. Doubt we ever get it. They are happy to beat up a bunch of creampuffs but wont accept a challenge from a real program. GO EAGLES!

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:54 am

Well, let's just hear what all you heard then and start comparing some notes. Because it's sounding like West is saying one thing and Ironton is calling BS on what they're saying. Also nothing would surprise me when it comes to West on this subject few years back the league they were in, still could be the same one no idea, was trying to get smaller schools with smaller schools and bigger ones playing bigger ones. The West HC at the time said, "well, I just don't know that I have the numbers and I think we should be playing the small schools." Wish granted but only to come to find out the guy had 4-300 lbs on his team, yes you heard that correctly well one was 295, and they had 20 plus kids on a 6th grade team. His other coaches didn't know he done this and the teams they were playing all said NO, not happening and the SOC1 schools formed their own league. When the other coaches at the meeting found out he had said this they were shocked and said no way we should be playing the bigger schools and they actually apologized meanwhile the guy who done it wasn't there. Guess what I'm getting at is yeah, ppl can do some shady stuff and in this case it was the HC being shady and not informing his other coaches of what he was doing meanwhile they were getting the brunt end of his lies.
I don’t know where you get your sources from but you are wildly wrong on everything you ever post pertaining to west.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

Adults are ruining kids football is correct. And those adults just happened to be coaching your sidelines. It's 6th grade football. Chill out or actually get someone to coach who is a positive influence to the kids around him. Figure out your own peewee league and ask why people are canceling with west. You gotta deal with the consequences because West is the one that let this coach be in charge of a team. Do your research before letting someone coach and ruin a season for your school. Only problem that needs solved is how you do not have this happen in the future.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

osu 77 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:11 am It is a shame the ones that gets hurt are the kids.
Absolutely!!

WestSideFootball
Waterboy

purplegold wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:55 am

Adults are ruining kids football is correct. And those adults just happened to be coaching your sidelines. It's 6th grade football. Chill out or actually get someone to coach who is a positive influence to the kids around him. Figure out your own peewee league and ask why people are canceling with west. You gotta deal with the consequences because West is the one that let this coach be in charge of a team. Do your research before letting someone coach and ruin a season for your school. Only problem that needs solved is how you do not have this happen in the future.
Your right, but we have addressed that. So why punish the kids for the rest of the season? Why not have league rules that punish the adults only. Not the kids. They are freaking kids they don't have control. Kids are being punished. No reason Ironton couldn't come to West. Your head guy is from here. Isn't that disrespecting him?

\

LETS GO WEST!
StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

They have a c team down there? 6-7 yr olds?

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

WestSideFootball wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:42 am
purplegold wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:55 am

Your right, but we have addressed that. So why punish the kids for the rest of the season? Why not have league rules that punish the adults only. Not the kids. They are freaking kids they don't have control. Kids are being punished. No reason Ironton couldn't come to West. Your head guy is from here. Isn't that disrespecting him?

\
I guess my point is that if Ironton isn't coming and their reasoning is due to the shenanigans that went on, then I see it as a consequence that you may not agree with but have to deal with this year. I hate it for the kids. They are almost always innocent when it comes to the craziness in youth sports. Adults just can be insane. It's not just a problem that West is dealing with this year. Every youth program has crazy parents. Again hate it for the kids but with West not being able to be a part of the youth league in scioto county, I personally don't blame other schools for not wanting to play them this year. Hopefully, like you said, the issue has been addressed and you all can move forward and mend fences with other programs some time soon. Consequences suck, especially when kids are involved and they are an innocent party.

Kurgan74
JV Team

Post by Kurgan74 »

This is certainly an eye opening thread.

Sadly it is stuff like this that is leading to a referee shortage.

I hate the kids have been effected, but the blame needs
firmly on the coach/parent who made the threat.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:31 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:54 am

I don’t know where you get your sources from but you are wildly wrong on everything you ever post pertaining to west.
:lol: :lol: Given that I was there at the meetings and spoke to the West coaches, who like I said didn't down play their team actually pretty nice guys as we had already played them, yeah it's legit.

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

I've been out of the inner circle of youth football since my youngest (39 yr. old) was in 5&6 grade. It seems to me that any volunteers, coaches, advisors, team and league officials should have at least a background check prior to being interviewed. That's not to say they shouldn't be given a second chance, but all should be given training, or supervision by the school's sports staff of choice, in this case, football. When I got involved, you had to work your way up through the ranks and be selected by those in administrative positions. Some will say "you will never get volunteers to go through all those certifications" but in today's world, your children's well being demands it. Referees have got to do it, even for almost all youth sports. So why not coaches? I feel there is more to the story that may never be told, but if things don't get under better control, all youth sports leagues may be a thing of the past. That will leave only a few with "travel ball".

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Immature adults are ruining youth sports and will eventually ruin high school sports. Adults trying to relive their high school playing days. This is a HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FORUM not PEE WEE. I agree with CoachC, all coaches should have to do certification just like high school coaches, reguardless if they are volunteer. I would not want my kid around someone who is not a good influence. I would love to see high school coaches pick pee wee coaches. Does anybody knows if that is done around here?

Return to “Football”