Washington Court House Football needs help BAD!!

MatthewG1
Waterboy

Washington Court House Football needs help BAD!!

Post by MatthewG1 »

TBH i don't know even where to start. Court House started the season 3 - 1 and looked decent enough to potentially go 6 - 4 at most 7 - 3 but lord has that changed real quick!

It all started Week 5 when they played Monroe(Cincinnati)and it was a close game until Monroe scored 34 points in the 4th quarter and they lost 48 - 21. Then going into week 6 they played Jackson and Jackson scouted pretty well and ran the same 3 plays on Court House because that’s all had to run to score and Court House lost 49 - 21. Then tonight they just got beat by a Hillsboro team 36 - 6 that I kid you not ran 1 play the entire game and scored on Court House almost willingly. Hillsboro would shift there tight end in front of running back and run the ball up the middle for 6 yard every play.

Head Coach Dave Everson looks like he has never coached a game in his life and has no idea what he is doing. The Offensive staff only knows 2 plays, which is run it up the middle or have the QB roll out to his right or left to throw to his brother which 9 times out of 10 it gets picked off.

The Defensive staff looks like they also are incompetent with Defensive plays and schemes when they can’t stop the same play over and over. How are you going to let 2 teams in back to back weeks run the same plays over and over again and not doing anything different to stop them.

This is going to be a long 3 weeks and if your a McClain, Chillicothe or Miami Trace fan expect a win because these kids look like they have completely lost all faith in this staff and look like they don’t want to be out there at all.

If there are any coaches out there who would have a Championship mentality and understand how to build a winning culture and would like to coach I urge you to try to get a coaching job at court house because it’s very bad. These kids looks so defeated every game and it’s so sad.

Court house is now 3 - 4

Sincerely Washington CH graduate and fan

go court house
Freshman Team

Re: Washington Court House Football needs help BAD!!

Post by go court house »

Is it a tough season, sure is. Does it suck not to win games, sure does. Coach Everson was hired late, had a very short time to put a staff together, absolutely there needs to be changes made and if I am a betting man I say this staff gets blown up and starts fresh for next season. Everyone is SO hung up on Chuck Williamson...... you say championship mentality.... how many league championships did Chuck win at Washington?? ZERO how many times did Chuck beat Jackson......... ZERO Chuck had 3 seasons where he went 7-3 and DIDNT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS... why??? because he COULDNT win big games as well....... it is so much more than a coaching problem at court house... it is a CULTURE problem. When you have kids who have to be walked out of practices because they act a fool, when you have kids on the sidelines fighting amongst themselves, when you have parents in the stands cussing out the coaches, and for some weird reason THE MARCHING BAND............. We have a people problem and not crap is going to change until parents and people in the stands shut their mouths and let the coaches coach without sabotaging the coaches. I have been told FLAT OUT by a parent that they have instructed their kid to take plays off in big situations to make the coaches look bad so they get fired...... ITS YEAR ONE, are we, as a community saying we can not support our coaches for ONE YEAR....... We will NEVER have a winning program at least one with ANY CLASS with people like this around and you say that the kids look defeated every week......... its because they are soft as charmin, there is NO FIGHT in these kids. they get down by a touchdown to a decent team and they pack up their stuff and head to the locker room.

MTballer1952
Waterboy

Post by MTballer1952 »

Agree it’s definitely a cultural issue. I will admit I haven’t heard to many good things about Everson and the kids do dislike him. I think it’s harsh putting the whole coaching staff in the category as the head coach. Hopefully they can get it together and loose it again week 10

General
Waterboy

Post by General »

I said it last year after I watched them play at sheridan…..they need a coach with discipline but that also means the community needs to be patient because there were so many renegades on that team that discipline would not go over too well. If I were a coach you couldn’t pay me enough to take that job.

a-trainsalomone
Riding the Bench

Post by a-trainsalomone »

Washington Court House has had a hard out of conference and a solid league schedule. They are young but improving along the way.

PVWC Sports Fanatic
Fayette_Panther1963
Waterboy

Post by Fayette_Panther1963 »

It is a cultural issue in the fact that those kids do not work hard. Most (notice I did not say all) they are entitled players who think because they are more talented than teams they are just going to show up and win. As far as Chuck Williamson you are right he did not win the "big game" however the program was always well structured and organized. It is interesting that everyone loved to talk about the discipline issues when Chuck was there but now the discipline is worse than ever. Players not showing up to practice, sitting out practice multiple days and still start on Fridays, and players and coaches talking back and fighting on the sidelines during games. It does not matter how disciplined you want to be if your players and coaches do not like you and respect you they are not going to follow you. I don't think Everson understands that. It's not about being patient anymore.... if they do not get rid of this coach the whole program is going to be in shambles for years to come.

Old Coach
Waterboy

Post by Old Coach »

Coach Williamson took over a piece of crap program at WCH. The first year he turned a losing program into a 7-3 team. Maybe nobody appreciated that but it took a lot of hard work. Also begging and convincing players to come back to the program. Now he is gone don't compare your miseries happening now to the success he had at WCH. By the way MH is 3-4 last year they were 1-9!

First and Goal
Waterboy

Post by First and Goal »

I would agree the out of conference was difficult, but they are far from young. I see a lot of returning starters that are juniors and seniors. QB is young with experience. The OLine all are returning lettermen, several returning defensive starters. They don't want to play for this new head coach and last season in the 2nd round of the playoff game vs Sheridan some key players quit on their teammates after halftime. I would agree there were some discipline issues on and off the field. There is not much support from the parents side and usually I see the same parents doing everything for the program. Those programs won't win championships, usually does more harm than good.

R.RSports
Waterboy

Post by R.RSports »

I keep hearing the kids don't like Everson....However, I am curious as to the reason behind this. Does he resort to yelling or exhibit unkind behavior towards them? What is the root cause of this negative perception? Is it possible that the parents are contributing to this issue by engaging in "kitchen table" talk with their kids? In return, the kids are taking that same energy into the locker room and practice field?

As for the coaching staff...If the coaching staff is not fully committed to the program (This means supporting the HC as well), it may be time to replace them entirely. If your assistants are engaging in the same behavior as the public, time to get them out.... No room for fighting on the sidelines during games... Unprofessional is what it is, and sets a terrible example for the kids.

Williamson's program was plagued by disciplinary issues, everyone knows it. He relied heavily on his ability to recruit transfers to fill missing pieces so he could maintain his success. Putting Ws in the win column will keep the public satisfied and issues at a minimum.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

Old Coach wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:34 pm Coach Williamson took over a piece of crap program at WCH. The first year he turned a losing program into a 7-3 team. Maybe nobody appreciated that but it took a lot of hard work. Also begging and convincing players to come back to the program. Now he is gone don't compare your miseries happening now to the success he had at WCH. By the way MH is 3-4 last year they were 1-9!
He also contributed to the discipline issues. Lack of sportsmanship has been the constant -when you talk to outsiders who have watched them play the last 5-10 years. Showboating/lack of discipline has been a constant. Don't know the new coach personally but it was going to be a difficult task to turn the culture around and now we see that probably isn't going to happen.

Browns4life
Waterboy

Post by Browns4life »

Everson was a terrible coach when he was at Zanesville. No one liked him. Him like the rest of the zanesville staff at that time were only worried about their own kids who played on the team. Not surprised one bit to hear any of this.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Shouldn’t be this bad with the big recruit tight end they have

Fatdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Fatdog »

Not sure of what is goin on but didn’t they have a kid go to UK this year. Seems like lots of friction

Fatdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Fatdog »

Not sure of what is goin on but didn’t they have a kid go to UK this year. Seems like lots of friction

Old Coach
Waterboy

Post by Old Coach »

Well Jose when you figure out how hard it was to turn WCH around you let me know. Watching from the bleachers is easy for wannabes like you!

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

R.RSports wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:47 am I keep hearing the kids don't like Everson....However, I am curious as to the reason behind this. Does he resort to yelling or exhibit unkind behavior towards them? What is the root cause of this negative perception? Is it possible that the parents are contributing to this issue by engaging in "kitchen table" talk with their kids? In return, the kids are taking that same energy into the locker room and practice field?

As for the coaching staff...If the coaching staff is not fully committed to the program (This means supporting the HC as well), it may be time to replace them entirely. If your assistants are engaging in the same behavior as the public, time to get them out.... No room for fighting on the sidelines during games... Unprofessional is what it is, and sets a terrible example for the kids.

Williamson's program was plagued by disciplinary issues, everyone knows it. He relied heavily on his ability to recruit transfers to fill missing pieces so he could maintain his success. Putting Ws in the win column will keep the public satisfied and issues at a minimum.
100 percent FACTS!!!!!

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

Old Coach wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:34 pm Coach Williamson took over a piece of crap program at WCH. The first year he turned a losing program into a 7-3 team. Maybe nobody appreciated that but it took a lot of hard work. Also begging and convincing players to come back to the program. Now he is gone don't compare your miseries happening now to the success he had at WCH. By the way MH is 3-4 last year they were 1-9!
The miseries going on at Court House are a direct result of Chuck's lack of discipline, rogue players and coaches. It is going to take a couple of years for Coach Everson to regain control. literally EVERYONE says "Chuck couldnt discipline kids but he won" what a terrible mentality to have. I would rather lose every game and build men of character then to win every game and be the embarrassment of SEO

First and Goal
Waterboy

Post by First and Goal »

This is the reason you will never get good coaches back at WCH. There is not much outside support, limited parent support, and people of the community not supporting the program, but want to bad mouth it and bring it down. These kids have enough negativity day in and day out, how about supporting whomever it is putting in the effort and time because no one is doing it for the money.

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

First and Goal wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:28 am This is the reason you will never get good coaches back at WCH. There is not much outside support, limited parent support, and people of the community not supporting the program, but want to bad mouth it and bring it down. These kids have enough negativity day in and day out, how about supporting whomever it is putting in the effort and time because no one is doing it for the money.
Well said!!!

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

Old Coach wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:02 pm Well Jose when you figure out how hard it was to turn WCH around you let me know. Watching from the bleachers is easy for wannabes like you!
I saw it daily. Not hard to figure out. There was zero discipline. Numerous personal fouls-I could go on and on.

Return to “Football”