October 13, 2023 Gallia Academy 17 - 27 Ironton

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Re: (7-1) Gallia Academy - (7-1) Ironton

Post by LockHerUp »

For the Ironton haters. Some of you are acting as though Ironton has never been able to play with northern Ohio teams. This is only a recent phenomenon. Pointing out our losing record in title games does not refute this. They almost always were able to compete with the best in the state. There were very close losses in '99, '93, '88, '82. There were also years - such as 2012 (I believe) and 1985, where we lost close games to the eventual champion in earlier rounds. And despite their trouble in recent title games, they have been beating the best Columbus and Cincy areas have to offer (Harvest Prep & Valley View last year).
We've been the class of southern Ohio for decades. Burg dodged us for years. Most years, we've been the only team down here that could be considered a state power, not just an area power. Give it a rest.
As for Gallia - I've always respected them. But, I think the Tigers will be too much for them this time.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

LockHerUp wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:38 am For the Ironton haters. Some of you are acting as though Ironton has never been able to play with northern Ohio teams. This is only a recent phenomenon. Pointing out our losing record in title games does not refute this. They almost always were able to compete with the best in the state. There were very close losses in '99, '93, '88, '82. There were also years - such as 2012 (I believe) and 1985, where we lost close games to the eventual champion in earlier rounds. And despite their trouble in recent title games, they have been beating the best Columbus and Cincy areas have to offer (Harvest Prep & Valley View last year).
We've been the class of southern Ohio for decades. Burg dodged us for years. Most years, we've been the only team down here that could be considered a state power, not just an area power. Give it a rest.
As for Gallia - I've always respected them. But, I think the Tigers will be too much for them this time.
Ironton will probably thump GA in this one. No one here is denying that. We're all just a bit sick of the constant chest beating. Wheelersburg has been the better program this century by a decent margin and yet their fans aren't all pompous like a lot of these newer Ironton fans are.

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:40 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:10 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:06 pm

The handful of games I have got to watch Ironton over the last several years, I would say the exact opposite. I have seen way more personal fouls and stupid penalties than I can remember seeing from anyone else in the area.
I believe Pendleton is on record saying he doesn't care about aggressive play that leads to penalties.
But "yOuRe jUsT jEaLoUs" because you don't slobber all over THE Arnton Fahtin' Tahgers.

I miss when Ironton fans were quiet. Another program needs to give them a nice, long overdue humbling.
You Mean you want to see Ironton Fans just lay down and Take Everybody's BS. I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon lol. Ironton Fans have a Right to be Proud of The Fighting Tigers So people just need to get over it.
GO FIGHTING TIGERS

Go Ironton Fighting Tigers, GoTexas Longhorns
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good luck GA 💪🏈

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:16 pm
LockHerUp wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:38 am For the Ironton haters. Some of you are acting as though Ironton has never been able to play with northern Ohio teams. This is only a recent phenomenon. Pointing out our losing record in title games does not refute this. They almost always were able to compete with the best in the state. There were very close losses in '99, '93, '88, '82. There were also years - such as 2012 (I believe) and 1985, where we lost close games to the eventual champion in earlier rounds. And despite their trouble in recent title games, they have been beating the best Columbus and Cincy areas have to offer (Harvest Prep & Valley View last year).
Ironton will probably thump GA in this one. No one here is denying that. We're all just a bit sick of the constant chest beating. Wheelersburg has been the better program this century by a decent margin and yet their fans aren't all pompous like a lot of these newer Ironton fans are.
2 things

#1. Burg has only made it out or their region 3 times in TWO AND A HALF DECADES. THATS 25 YEARS. Meanwhile Ironton has done it more times in 5 years. Lmao

And #2. GALLIA and the rest of seo just hate and complain about Ironton but your garbage programs never evolve or grow or get better.

It's Ironton then everybody else.

Gallia is 🗑

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

IrontonTigers#1 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:14 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:40 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:10 pm

I believe Pendleton is on record saying he doesn't care about aggressive play that leads to penalties.
But "yOuRe jUsT jEaLoUs" because you don't slobber all over THE Arnton Fahtin' Tahgers.

I miss when Ironton fans were quiet. Another program needs to give them a nice, long overdue humbling.
You Mean you want to see Ironton Fans just lay down and Take Everybody's BS. I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon lol. Ironton Fans have a Right to be Proud of The Fighting Tigers So people just need to get over it.
GO FIGHTING TIGERS
When they hate RUB IT IN THEIR FACE!

it's Ironton then everybody else in SEO. The region belongs to The Tigers.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:44 am
Tri_State790 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:47 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:27 pm

SEO is garbage?

Ironton is the ONLY team in seo that could get on a field with Midland or Huntington and compete.

Everybody else is getting SMASHED ON just like Ironton smashes on them INCLUDING Jackson and Burg. Smashed on every single year.

I stand on it. SEO is hotdog water lol
Jackson played Midland a few years ago and played Winton Woods. You're awfully insecure, taking the achievements of 16-18 year olds and displaying them like they're your own.

Athens went and played Steubenville on their turf and doubled them up. They came closer to a state title than Ironton did. Wheelersburg fans talk less BS on here than Ironton bandwagons even with them WINNING a state title in the last decade, something Ironton hasn't even really come close to doing.

For all the chest beating and tough talk from Arnton, you'd think they're running roughshod through the MAC every year, when in all likelihood, Anna and St. Henry would put a running clock on them most years, let alone Marion Local, Kirtland, and Coldwater.
Ironton is running all over seo and that's who I'm talking to.

It's Ironton

Then everybody else.

Gallia is 🗑 🤣

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:59 pm

Ironton is the ONLY team in seo that could get on a field with Midland or Huntington and compete.

Everybody else is getting SMASHED ON just like Ironton smashes on them INCLUDING Jackson and Burg. Smashed on every single year.

Jackson played Midland a few years ago and played Winton Woods. You're awfully insecure, taking the achievements of 16-18 year olds and displaying them like they're your own.

Athens went and played Steubenville on their turf and doubled them up. They came closer to a state title than Ironton did. Wheelersburg fans talk less BS on here than Ironton bandwagons even with them WINNING a state title in the last decade, something Ironton hasn't even really come close to doing.

For all the chest beating and tough talk from Arnton, you'd think they're running roughshod through the MAC every year, when in all likelihood, Anna and St. Henry would put a running clock on them most years, let alone Marion Local, Kirtland, and Coldwater.

It's Ironton

Then everybody else.

Gallia is 🗑 🤣
What does Ironton have to do to compete with the real teams. I know they lift weights hard , they recruit well, Pendleton knows the game. Is it the gene pool ? Soft overweight southern Ohio folks ?

It seems like the gap is widening not getting closer .

It’s very puzzling.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

It's Ironton

Then everybody else.

Gallia is 🗑 🤣
You’re proud to beat SEO teams ?

Wow , Ironton has really lowered their standards.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good Luck GA!

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:35 pm Good Luck GA!
All the luck in the world & fifty cents wouldn't get em a cup of coffee. It's Ironton then everybody else.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:16 pm

It's Ironton

Then everybody else.

Gallia is 🗑 🤣

Everybody else in seo has to ride irontons jock. Either to hate all season every season or to live vicariously through as Ironton goes and reps seo solo dolo per as usual. Buncha also rans.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

It's Ironton

Then everybody else.

Gallia is 🗑 🤣

Proud that Ironton is the ONLY program in SEO with the work ethic that makes them the consistent representation of SEO come post season time. Nobody else in SEO shows up. They just talk about Ironton all season and lose. Lmao

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:49 pm

It's Ironton

Then everybody else.

Gallia is 🗑 🤣

Proud that Ironton is the ONLY program in SEO with the work ethic that makes them the consistent representation of SEO come post season time. Nobody else in SEO shows up. They just talk about Ironton all season and lose. Lmao
Ironton does nothing when it matters most , literally gets ran off the field. Is it the gene pool ?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Paulcrew wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:53 am
2018. 36-33 Gallia won. The game was at Ironton. Gallia finished 9-2 that season losing to Licking Valley in the first round of the playoffs. Ironton finished 6-5, losing to Johnstown 15-7 in the first round of the playoffs. It was Trevon Pendletons first season as head coach.I believe Alex Penrod was Gallia’s coach that year. Ironton played in Johnstown in the playoff game and Gallia played in Jackson for their playoff game. Don’t remember why the OHSAA didn’t allow Gallia to play at Memorial Field that year in the playoff
Gallipolis chose to play at Jackson. They wanted to have the consistent footing of the turf at Alumni Stadium over the worn down field at Memorial Field.

Good luck to both teams on Friday. Wishing the Blue Devils and Tigers good health.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Wow, I remember when Ironton Fans had class. Things sure have changed!

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Tri_State790 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:56 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:16 pm
2 things

#1. Burg has only made it out or their region 3 times in TWO AND A HALF DECADES. THATS 25 YEARS. Meanwhile Ironton has done it more times in 5 years. Lmao

And #2. GALLIA and the rest of seo just hate and complain about Ironton but your garbage programs never evolve or grow or get better.

It's Ironton then everybody else.

Gallia is 🗑
1 thing you're missing. Say it with me. State. Championship. WIN. Not appearance. WIN. Hope that helps clear the confusion. I'd rather win a state title and not make it back as often instead of consistently being second best, at best.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:54 pm

Ironton does nothing when it matters most , literally gets ran off the field. Is it the gene pool ?
I love how this short bus troll is ignoring the fact that Arnton hasn't actually WON a state title, but he's thinking they're oh so superior because they win the region. Maybe they won't get run off the field by Coldwater this year, if they make it past Prep.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:29 pm

I love how this short bus troll is ignoring the fact that Arnton hasn't actually WON a state title, but he's thinking they're oh so superior because they win the region. Maybe they won't get run off the field by Coldwater this year, if they make it past Prep.
When was the last time gallia made it to the State ?
Heck when was the last time the won their Region ?
They can't get out of the first round .
Yeah they been beat pretty bad in the State game past couple of years but at least they get there.
Ironton's coach has done a pretty good job considering where the program was 7 years ago.
3 state championship games in 5 years pretty impressive to say the least.
yes they have only 2 state tittles and what 8 or 9 runner ups.
Say what you will at least they get there to have the chance to play for the Championship.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

fielddaddy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:41 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:29 pm

When was the last time gallia made it to the State ?
Heck when was the last time the won their Region ?
They can't get out of the first round .
Yeah they been beat pretty bad in the State game past couple of years but at least they get there.
Ironton's coach has done a pretty good job considering where the program was 7 years ago.
3 state championship games in 5 years pretty impressive to say the least.
yes they have only 2 state tittles and what 8 or 9 runner ups.
Say what you will at least they get there to have the chance to play for the Championship.
They just can’t compete with the real teams up north. Is it the soft , SEO gene pool like the Ironton poster who starts this 💩 suggests ?

Maybe you can help get us an answer

Return to “Football”