fbnut
SEOP

Re: Ironton simply outworks the rest of SEO

Post by fbnut »

eagle one wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:03 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:43 pm
eagle one wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:26 pm

bull hockey they were fine until we canned vass

Why do you guys blame Vass?? Bottom line is Ironton didn't have the talent those years and would not have had the talent the last 5 years had you not brought in the 5-6 guys a year these last 5 years. Take last year for example! Take Perkins, Felder and Keyes off that team and what do you have? They were probably 85% or more of Ironton's offense. Who does Ironton have if those three don't play?

Another thing I'll tell you is Ironton does not want to play Burg again in the playoffs. I just hope it happens!!
vass was a terrible coach
Current staff isn’t any better and they know it, that’s why they recruit the way they do. Give Vass the current staffs kids and he’s just as successful, and viceversa, current staff has same results as Vass did with the same kids.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Doesn’t most of the state look down on SEO sports? So what does bragging about being the alpha program of the Southeast do? I live in SEO but family ties to Clinton Massie and follow their program closely. 3 state titles in the last 10-11 years. They were solid before the state titles but always came up short, and what opened their eyes to next level was getting beat up by Coldwater and Alter in the playoffs. They learned from those and are reaping the rewards lately. Burg winning state couple years ago was awesome to see. Ironton coming up short a couple years is good for the region, but thumping your chest on dominating Southeast Ohio trolling or not, is not impressive honestly…

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BallDontLie wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:36 pm Doesn’t most of the state look down on SEO sports? So what does bragging about being the alpha program of the Southeast do? I live in SEO but family ties to Clinton Massie and follow their program closely. 3 state titles in the last 10-11 years. They were solid before the state titles but always came up short, and what opened their eyes to next level was getting beat up by Coldwater and Alter in the playoffs. They learned from those and are reaping the rewards lately. Burg winning state couple years ago was awesome to see. Ironton coming up short a couple years is good for the region, but thumping your chest on dominating Southeast Ohio trolling or not, is not impressive honestly…
They look down at SEO football. In other sports, SEO teams make noise come playoff time.

Btw, interesting that a loss to Coldwater was the wake-up call for Massie. Similar thing happened to Burg a few years before winning state. Burg also got thumped by Coldwater in the state semis. Was a real eye opener that helped Burg make that state run.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:58 pm
BallDontLie wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:36 pm Doesn’t most of the state look down on SEO sports? So what does bragging about being the alpha program of the Southeast do? I live in SEO but family ties to Clinton Massie and follow their program closely. 3 state titles in the last 10-11 years. They were solid before the state titles but always came up short, and what opened their eyes to next level was getting beat up by Coldwater and Alter in the playoffs. They learned from those and are reaping the rewards lately. Burg winning state couple years ago was awesome to see. Ironton coming up short a couple years is good for the region, but thumping your chest on dominating Southeast Ohio trolling or not, is not impressive honestly…
They look down at SEO football. In other sports, SEO teams make noise come playoff time.

Btw, interesting that a loss to Coldwater was the wake-up call for Massie. Similar thing happened to Burg a few years before winning state. Burg also got thumped by Coldwater in the state semis. Was a real eye opener that helped Burg make that state run.
2007 Coldwater beat Massie 63-14 in the playoffs. Taught McSurely what he needed to change about the program. Them MAC schools have a way of humbling others.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

If everyone looks down on SEO why do we even bother fielding teams

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:29 pm If everyone looks down on SEO why do we even bother fielding teams
LOL. That’s the question teams up north ask.

Lived in Stark county for a few years. They are obnoxious and arrogant about it. Act as if northeastern Ohio is the only place football is played.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:34 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:29 pm If everyone looks down on SEO why do we even bother fielding teams

Lived in Stark county for a few years. They are obnoxious and arrogant about it. Act as if northeastern Ohio is the only place football is played.

It doesn’t matter if they even played sports or not 9/10 anyone from NEO is d bag

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:47 pm

It doesn’t matter if they even played sports or not 9/10 anyone from NEO is d bag
Man that with you, seo folks are rude af too. You don't really notice it when ya young being in seo as a kid , but after ya kno, ya start growing up and you leave mom
Y and daddy's hometown and venture out to ya own wherever ... and then you return and interact. You really see how folks who all know each other really always hate and talk about each other behind their backs. Publicly yapping about their Lil quaint "tight knit" hometown but also being the 1st to disparage their neighbors was always interesting to me after being removed from it and returning to experience it from a different perspective.

My point being everybody got their share of everything. Nobody is righteous in the equation lol

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:20 pm
eagle one wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:03 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:43 pm

Why do you guys blame Vass?? Bottom line is Ironton didn't have the talent those years and would not have had the talent the last 5 years had you not brought in the 5-6 guys a year these last 5 years. Take last year for example! Take Perkins, Felder and Keyes off that team and what do you have? They were probably 85% or more of Ironton's offense. Who does Ironton have if those three don't play?

Another thing I'll tell you is Ironton does not want to play Burg again in the playoffs. I just hope it happens!!
vass was a terrible coach

I don't think it would have mattered. The talent just wasn't there. Same as when Pendleton took over. His first year and he struggled then he started building his teams. For some reason Ironton can't believe that they would have been mediocre without the kids coming in. Hell, even Vass would have won with all the talent he brought in
Vass would have never went to a state championship with any of these teams pendleton has. I have watched practices by both coaching staffs and there is a huge difference. Vass just couldn’t get the boys bought in and the team walked around and even sat on the sideline bench during practice. It was pretty sad, he had no control or discipline. So i dont want to hear that crap! The difference is, now these boys actually lift weights and put the work in year round. If you cant see that i dont know what to tell you. You must just not want to admit what pendleton has done for ironton football. Every local team around here has transfers and the only time some of you complain is when ironton gets them. Its so funny!

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

The claim that Ironton would be average or so without the transfers is just wrong. Off the top of my head - Carrico, Carter, Duncan, Barnes, and other Ironton natives - are playing college football right now. That's a lot of home grown talent. Another thing people fail to realize is that some Ironton kids that transferred to Raceland (a very good program in KY) would probably stay at Ironton were it not for those transfers.
Would they be as good without the transfers ? No. But, they'd still be really good. Would burg be as good without kids from Green, Portsmouth, South Webster, etc. No. But, they'd be solid, too.
Ironton always produces football talent.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:09 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:47 pm

Man that with you, seo folks are rude af too. You don't really notice it when ya young being in seo as a kid , but after ya kno, ya start growing up and you leave mom
Y and daddy's hometown and venture out to ya own wherever ... and then you return and interact. You really see how folks who all know each other really always hate and talk about each other behind their backs. Publicly yapping about their Lil quaint "tight knit" hometown but also being the 1st to disparage their neighbors was always interesting to me after being removed from it and returning to experience it from a different perspective.

My point being everybody got their share of everything. Nobody is righteous in the equation lol
👍

Return to “Football”