Eastern Meigs @ Southern

celticpride
Freshman Team

Re: Eastern Meigs @ Southern

Post by celticpride »

A couple of kids went out and rang the bell with no one around after the basketball game. Players on the team didn't know about it til later. There has been a history of incidents in this rivalry of course, but this is first time I've seen or heard of a team directed to go ring the bell on the other team's field right after a game.

SunnyDays123
Waterboy

Post by SunnyDays123 »

To be fair, Eastern was barely edged onto the field, and it only took about 10 seconds before the super aggressive Southern sideline started screaming to get the F off the field.. so.. in addition to the bell ringing at Eastern, the fact that an ADULT coach, AD etc, could have walked over and let the team know that they needed the field and if they could wrap up their speech, it could have been handled in a more mutually respectful way. This is not a one-sided show of blatant disrespect as much as a response.

SunnyDays123
Waterboy

Post by SunnyDays123 »

Jim Ryan wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:16 pm
Leave No Doubt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:11 pm If that chunky butt midget coach from Eastern ever does that again he will feel my wrath. He got lucky this year.
I’m surprised that didn’t turn into a melee. Worst case of disrespect I’ve ever seen between the two schools and that’s saying a lot. But the superintendent hand picked the HC and from what I’ve heard he’s actually afraid of him. And so is the principal and AD. They let him do as he will. Makes the whole school look bad 🧔🏿
This comment is in poor taste 🗑
Last edited by SunnyDays123 on Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Leading your team over to ring someone else's victory bell is one of the most immature and classless things I've heard in awhile. I've been around and know a lot of good coaches, good leaders and teachers of young men, and they would never, ever, ever even think about doing such a thing.

KCPickem
Waterboy

Post by KCPickem »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:42 pm Leading your team over to ring someone else's bell is one of the most immature and classless things I've heard in awhile. I've been around and know a lot of good coaches, good leaders and teachers of young men, and they would never, ever, ever even think about doing such a thing.
If you would have witnessed the disrespect shown by the southern football players/student section during any of the 3 varsity volleyball games you would have led them over to rip the bell out of the ground. The chants from the southern student section/football team were not only disrespectful but were directed at the girls playing most of the time. The southern administration witnessed it but did nothing to try to stop it. Eastern administration would have never allowed that kind of classless disrespect from students. There are two sides to every story and you’re only hearing one side on this ridiculous thread. Next year I would suggest the southern football team to do less cheering and more practicing football so it can be a more competitive game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I got my information from more than just preps. I actually have friends from both schools who were at the game.

Bottom line, a good coach - or anyone in a leadership role - would never emply to kids that two wrongs make a right. In fact, they'd discourage it. I've been watching and following teams, players, coaches for ions and it's quite easy to spot the great ones - they do more off the field or court than they do on it. Teaching boys to become men is an important part of the job for any football coach and marching them over to ring another teams victory bell is Busch league, plain & simple - and it sure as hell is not teaching them how to become men.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Just thinking of legendary coaches like Dave Boston Sr or Bob Lutz at Ironton. I could not even imagine in 100 years them doing or allowing such a thing. It wouldn't have mattered what the other team did, how fans acted, what was said, if just one of their players tried to ring another teams victory bell on the road they would have snatched that player up by the back of the neck, kicked them off the bus and made them ride home with their parents. As the old adage goes - win with class - lose with class.

KCPickem
Waterboy

Post by KCPickem »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:07 am Just thinking of legendary coaches like Dave Boston Sr or Bob Lutz at Ironton. I could not even imagine in 100 years them doing or allowing such a thing. It wouldn't have mattered what the other team did, how fans acted, what was said, if just one of their players tried to ring another teams victory bell on the road they would have snatched that player up by the back of the neck, kicked them off the bus and made them ride home with their parents. As the old adage goes - win with class - lose with class.
I’m not going to argue with a snowflake. You’re entitled to your opinion and I’m entitled to mine. I was in attendance for ALL of the games and I’m not basing my opinion on he said/she said. Your definition of class and respect are clearly different than mine but that’s ok.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

As a Republican voter and staunch conservative, the one thing I have never been called is "snowflake" lol

I simply pointed out what seperates coaches from great coaches - and acting childish and petty is not a character trait any of the good ones share. Back in 2013 Athens had to go to Fairland, deal with a hostile crowd, bad officiating and an entire team calling one of our players the N word all night. Emotions were very high, game was closer than it should have been and a lot could have happened afterwards. But coach Adams gathered up his players, told them to shake hands anyways and go straight to the locker room and then get on the bus. You lose with class and you win with class. That Fairland team never made it out of the first rd while Athens eventually played for a state championship. Funny how that happens, great coaches seem to always find their way to Massillon, you won't find any Busch league teams or coaches up there in November.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:23 am As a Republican voter and staunch conservative, the one thing I have never been called is "snowflake" lol

I simply pointed out what seperates coaches from great coaches - and acting childish and petty is not a character trait any of the good ones share. Back in 2013 Athens had to go to Fairland, deal with a hostile crowd, bad officiating and an entire team calling one of our players the N word all night. Emotions were very high, game was closer than it should have been and a lot could have happened afterwards. But coach Adams gathered up his players, told them to shake hands anyways and go straight to the locker room and then get on the bus. You lose with class and you win with class. That Fairland team never made it out of the first rd while Athens eventually played for a state championship. Funny how that happens, great coaches seem to always find their way to Massillon, you won't find any Busch league teams or coaches up there in November.
Great post. That Eastern coach is a real doozy. That’s why he was asked to leave down the road. But they can’t say they weren’t warned. Top dog hand picked him though so what are you going to do.

I know, I was D1 fellas
jsteth
Waterboy

Post by jsteth »

*D1* wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:14 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:23 am As a Republican voter and staunch conservative, the one thing I have never been called is "snowflake" lol

Great post. That Eastern coach is a real doozy. That’s why he was asked to leave down the road. But they can’t say they weren’t warned. Top dog hand picked him though so what are you going to do.
Bunch of crybabies in here lol. southern got whooped even with the refs on there side. take your medicine lol you know what i mean. if you get beat by 40 in a rivalry game the coach has a right to lead his team to ring your vicotry bell. also has a right to celebrate the first league title in 30 years on the field and ask community to come to for as long as they want. and it was 30 minutes like those racine kids cant wait 30 minutes to do there senior walk lol at least they got to prolong the end of their season for 30 more minutes. and if you cant handle a little name calling during a football game you shouldnt play. haters r just mad we can take people meigs dont want and they are successbul here. jackson is a great coach and that guy meigs fired for telling players to hide the bs covid is a offensive mastermind and the guy the "great" howie and trimble fired for no good reason and they hate seeing them successful here after they let them go for bs reasons. detwiler is our nick saban alot of jeaoluse people. same as alabama takes coaches and turns there careers around and people hate on them too
Last edited by jsteth on Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

You can't respond in the Eastern threads. Pretty much every poster that follows them on this site and posts is either trolling or just spewing flat out nonsense. Best to just leave it alone no matter how stupid the post is. You'll definitely save yourself a major headache

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:46 pm

You can't respond in the Eastern threads. Pretty much every poster that follows them on this site and posts is either trolling or just spewing flat out nonsense. Best to just leave it alone no matter how stupid the post is. You'll definitely save yourself a major headache
Dude comes on an Eastern thread and accuses Eastern posters of trolling. That’s the classic troll throwing the troll accusations in a comment while he’s trolling. Who dug you back up by the way? I’d heard you were on the ledge after Eastern smacked your Bobcats. We’ll add you to the whiny assz cry baby list mentioned above. :mrgreen:

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

jsteth wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:59 pm
*D1* wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:14 pm

Bunch of crybabies in here lol. southern got whooped even with the refs on there side. take your medicine lol you know what i mean. if you get beat by 40 in a rivalry game the coach has a right to lead his team to ring your vicotry bell. also has a right to celebrate the first league title in 30 years on the field and ask community to come to for as long as they want. and it was 30 minutes like those racine kids cant wait 30 minutes to do there senior walk lol at least they got to prolong the end of their season for 30 more minutes. and if you cant handle a little name calling during a football game you shouldnt play. haters r just mad we can take people meigs dont want and they are successbul here. jackson is a great coach and that guy meigs fired for telling players to hide the bs covid is a offensive mastermind and the guy the "great" howie and trimble fired for no good reason and they hate seeing them successful here after they let them go for bs reasons. detwiler is our nick saban alot of jeaoluse people. same as alabama takes coaches and turns there careers around and people hate on them too
Somebody be day drinking again

trampoline
Riding the Bench

Post by trampoline »

[/quote]

[/quote]

wow...ignorant parents/fans equal ignorant kids. this may be the dumbest post i have ever seen on here from a person who was actually trying to make a point. Beyond DUMB!

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:46 pm

and yet you continue to troll us on our threads. The difference is we dont get butthurt by your ignorance.

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

How much more of the relentless snowflakery do we need to endure from Tornadonation and the rest of the SEOPS libs? We beat you. Get over it.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Lucky Charms wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:51 am How much more of the relentless snowflakery do we need to endure from Tornadonation and the rest of the SEOPS libs? We beat you. Get over it.
Again it’s the adults that should be teaching the kids how to act.

Are you gonna address the fact your Eastern coach got caught calling the southern kids trash? Or that one of his players called a Southern kid who is African-American the N word?

Not the lessons I want my kids to be taught.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

chrishilton91 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:00 pm
Lucky Charms wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:51 am How much more of the relentless snowflakery do we need to endure from Tornadonation and the rest of the SEOPS libs? We beat you. Get over it.

Are you gonna address the fact your Eastern coach got caught calling the southern kids trash? Or that one of his players called a Southern kid who is African-American the N word?

You have no proof any of that happened. It’s all hearsay. I doubt our coach would accept that.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Baldeagle wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:01 pm
chrishilton91 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:00 pm

You have no proof any of that happened. It’s all hearsay. I doubt our coach would accept that.
Both are facts sir. Ask your coach and superintendent

Return to “Football”