October 20, 2023 Cin. Mt. Healthy 6 - 42 Waverly

BallDontLie
JV Team

Re: Waverly @ Mouth Healthy

Post by BallDontLie »

Yeah massie should’ve lost to Mt Healthy after racking up 304 yards rushing against them 😂 Massie also beat Harrison who tore Mt Healthy up. Waverly has to find a way to keep Mt Healthy offense off the field. At the end of the day, best thing for Waverly is to get out of this game without injuries and begin playoff prep.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

smurray wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:19 pm
allaboutsports wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:23 pm This game should have never happened. Waverly will lose worse than they did to Burg. Mt. Healthy should of beat Massie. Their level of competition is not the teams we see in SOC or SVC. They are extremely fast on both sides of the ball, and they have a 3-star qb who has fast receivers that we won't be able to stop. This is in no way saying anything bad about our kids, they are just simply out matched.
Hopefully Waverly plays their top game and keeps it respectable and doesn't get any players hurt.
We sure don't want any part of Wyoming either. They have had 3 skilled kids out hurt that will be back this week.
Hopefully this is live streamed so I can tune in.
Good luck to the Tigers Play hard is all we can ask of you.
Two wins slipped through the Tigers grasp or they'd be hosting a game regardless of the outcome of this one. I do agree though, no idea why this game was scheduled.
If we keep "doing what we do" it won't be close. Tigers need to mix it up and do different things, different looks. Two backs in the backfield, double tight ends. Scrap some of the higher risk pass plays that never work.
Top 8 in Region 16 are all legit - of course we beat #2 Unioto....
Take as many cheap shots as you want I just hope you can win so we can see you in round two

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:44 pm
allaboutsports wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:23 pm This game should have never happened. Waverly will lose worse than they did to Burg. Mt. Healthy should of beat Massie. Their level of competition is not the teams we see in SOC or SVC. They are extremely fast on both sides of the ball, and they have a 3-star qb who has fast receivers that we won't be able to stop. This is in no way saying anything bad about our kids, they are just simply out matched.
Hopefully Waverly plays their top game and keeps it respectable and doesn't get any players hurt.
We sure don't want any part of Wyoming either. They have had 3 skilled kids out hurt that will be back this week.
Two wins slipped through the Tigers grasp or they'd be hosting a game regardless of the outcome of this one. I do agree though, no idea why this game was scheduled.
If we keep "doing what we do" it won't be close. Tigers need to mix it up and do different things, different looks. Two backs in the backfield, double tight ends. Scrap some of the higher risk pass plays that never work.
Take as many cheap shots as you want I just hope you can win so we can see you in round two
How is that a cheap shot? I said the top 8 in region 16 are all legit.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

smurray wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:59 pm

How is that a cheap shot? I said the top 8 in region 16 are all legit.
Lol your right I got it all wrong I’m just a dumb Unioto guy my apologies

Fatdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Fatdog »

Very difficult game for Waverly. I would love to see round two of Waverly/Unioto!!!!

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

I get it, not sure if he meant it as a shot or not but I can see how you could take it like that. At the same time I see the shot you gave as well, I probably wouldn't be worrying about us in round 1 and thinking about round 2 already for yourself. After all have you guys ever seen round 2? You had the 4 seed last year and we see how that worked out. I'd just worry about Unioto getting out of round 1 before worrying about who you might face in round 2.

Tanks3232
Freshman Team

Post by Tanks3232 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:42 am

I get it, not sure if he meant it as a shot or not but I can see how you could take it like that. At the same time I see the shot you gave as well, I probably wouldn't be worrying about us in round 1 and thinking about round 2 already for yourself. After all have you guys ever seen round 2? You had the 4 seed last year and we see how that worked out. I'd just worry about Unioto getting out of round 1 before worrying about who you might face in round 2.
I get what you’re saying but last year we got the worst possible draw out of any of the top 8 teams. This year should be more manageable

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Tanks3232 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:41 am
I get what you’re saying but last year we got the worst possible draw out of any of the top 8 teams. This year should be more manageable
You hope that but last year just goes to show there's no guarantees, you got lined up with a 5-5 Clinton Massie team that had only beaten 1 team with a winning record however they matched up with you guys very easily based on strength as you can see from the score. This year I understand you're hoping for something manageable but this is a tough region and looking past anything more than round 1 will have you sitting at home watching round 2 it's that tough. There's a chance Taft passes you now you're down to that 3rd seed, it's just the reality that the teams in this region typically play teams that better prepare them for the playoffs even if those records aren't great. I mean you guys could matchup with a Reading team that might go 6-4/7-3, however they've played teams like Cin. Wyoming, Cin. Taft, Indian Hill all teams in the top 5 of our region it's why I say even with a high seed there's nothing that I would consider manageable come week 11.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

I get it it's tough to find these opponents in during conference play, at the time Mt. Healthy was scheduled I think the OHSAA site was showing 2-3 other teams with openings in week 10 all up around the Cleveland area. Question some teams might have to ask themselves going forward when trying to find a team is, does this benefit us yes or no or would it be better to just have a bye week.

Tanks3232
Freshman Team

Post by Tanks3232 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:10 am

You hope that but last year just goes to show there's no guarantees, you got lined up with a 5-5 Clinton Massie team that had only beaten 1 team with a winning record however they matched up with you guys very easily based on strength as you can see from the score. This year I understand you're hoping for something manageable but this is a tough region and looking past anything more than round 1 will have you sitting at home watching round 2 it's that tough. There's a chance Taft passes you now you're down to that 3rd seed, it's just the reality that the teams in this region typically play teams that better prepare them for the playoffs even if those records aren't great. I mean you guys could matchup with a Reading team that might go 6-4/7-3, however they've played teams like Cin. Wyoming, Cin. Taft, Indian Hill all teams in the top 5 of our region it's why I say even with a high seed there's nothing that I would consider manageable come week 11.
I mean according to Fantastic 50, we are already locked in at 2. With a 70% chance of playing Dunbar. Dunbar isn’t bad but their schedule isn’t as good as the other lower seeds and they haven’t beaten a team better than 3-6

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Tanks3232 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:16 am
Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:10 am

I mean according to Fantastic 50, we are already locked in at 2. With a 70% chance of playing Dunbar. Dunbar isn’t bad but their schedule isn’t as good as the other lower seeds and they haven’t beaten a team better than 3-6
Eitel has you with a win between 2-6, you're not locked in at 2 I do think you'll be the 2 or the 3 spot. Taft actually has a high max avg win out rate but you guys have a higher min. avg win out rate so not locked in at 2, only one locked is Clinton Massie. Taft plays a 1-8 Woodward team but they're DIII so they'll get more points for beating a higher division team. Going to be a lot of movement in this final week in the region and I don't believe anyone will be locked into who they're playing outside of Massie knowing they've got whoever is at 16. Heck you guys could even play Greenfield McClain which would be a great matchup for you as well. McClain has to beat a good Hillsboro team who's DIII also so some points to be had there.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I know very little about Mouth Healthy other than what I've read on here. Seems like a tall task to say the least. Goodf luck to the Tigers as I know that you will give it all that you have.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

YouCantBeSerious wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:13 pm
Well when you have 7 teams in your league, it makes it tough to schedule non conference games after the majority of other teams are in league play. After the SOC 2 teams start league play, each week there is a team that has to find a non conference game. Mt Healthy was one of the very limited options with a week 10 open. The SOC 2 just needs to figure out a better situation for their teams, whether that’s realignment or merging with another conference. This will continue to be an issue with the current teams.
Bingo!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck tigers

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Is there a stream?