October 20, 2023 Cin. Mt. Healthy 6 - 42 Waverly

Watchinghoops
Waterboy

Re: Waverly @ Mouth Healthy

Post by Watchinghoops »

I’m not saying Waverly would beat Mt.Healthy but with different play calling I feel it would be a little closer, running it up the middle on an obvious blitz isn’t gonna work, keep throwing it in the flats and try to score 2 more touchdowns without injuries and I’ll be fine with the game.

Watchinghoops
Waterboy

Post by Watchinghoops »

Take that back let’s just get out without anymore injuries and get ready for next week.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Watchinghoops wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:14 pm Take that back let’s just get out without anymore injuries and get ready for next week.
Three starters go down - UNREAL
No major injuries until week 10.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

42/06

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
mattash
Site Admin

Re: October 20, 2023 Cin. Mt. Healthy 6 - 42 Waverly

Post by mattash »

October 20, 2023 Cin. Mt. Healthy 6 - 42 Waverly

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Re: October 20, 2023 Cin. Mt. Healthy 6 - 42 Waverly

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Well, we knew it would be an uphill battle but you know what all in all these kids battled especially that first half. Offense was doing some good things early but the moment they stopped it we quit running it, also why isn't a guy like Q the other TE in a double tight formation? No offense to the freshman it's just a lot to ask against a team like that, he gained some experience and it's going to go a long ways. Once again here we are in double tight and with them blitzing what do you think happens when you pull it on a RPO with the TE running right back the blitzing LBs?? Such a simple coaching thing they should see but they don't, you attack the middle of the field with easy passes and then you start getting the linebackers to stop blitzing so hard to the run it helps everyone.

Next this stuff of not guarding the RB out of the backfield is ridiculous, in football it's ALWAYS the OLB who has eyes on that back if he stays and block he can blitz. If he's planning to blitz and the RB leaks he's to sprint to the flats to get to the RB again a simple read for the LB and easy switch up. It's like we're asking the secondary to guard WRs and then try and watch for RB out of the backfield how the heck are they supposed to do that?? One of the only teams I've seen over the years not using the LB in this situation and it's been proven why all season long. We tried 2 onside kicks, first one would've worked with a better kick but why isn't the best onside kicker kicking them? Also you don't do it before halftime after just scoring and giving them the ball at midfield with 2 minutes left till half.

We got some guys nicked up a bit in this one but I think they all walked away in pretty good shape. A team like Mt. Healthy can really help get you ready for the playoffs week 11 we don't face any team with that much speed and talent. For the players AWESOME job at fighting, you guys didn't back down and there were times you really pushed Mt. Healthy to the limits I actually walked away with this one feeling very confident for next week. Keep getting better, keep fighting and go snag a week 11 win. GREAT job I don't care what that score says it doesn't do the game justice.

Return to “Football”