October 20, 2023 Marietta 28 - 24 Warren

Hookshot
Varsity

Re: Rival: Warren @ Marietta

Post by Hookshot »

beg003 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:38 am
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:56 am
Bucknuts88 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:20 am

Watched the replay on WTAP. Absolutely missed the call. Warren was robbed a TD, and impacted the final score. Disappointing.

What’s disappointing is how Warren fans want to blame one play for losing a game. The game was still tied after that. Warren’s halftime speech must’ve been horrible because they came out in the 3rd and let Marietta drive straight down the field, then went 3 and out to have a long snap go over the head of the punter and give up another quick score. To me, that’s coaching and mindset. They let that fumble “play” affect the entire mindset of the team coming out in the 2nd half. By the time they refocused it was too late. It’s so bad that their head coach and players are posting pics and videos of the play on social media. Get over it! Maybe learn how to play defense and quit giving up an average of 28 points a game in your SIX losses. How many times in Warren history has a coach ended a game with an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? Stay classy Warren. There’s always next year!
Would you expect the coach to pat the officiating crew on the back and tell them what a great job they did when they took a TD off the board? While I do agree that referees are never the sole reason for a loss, a TD off the board in this game is huge. Fact of the matter is, they punted one time. Gotta be better situationally on defense.
There was no TD on the board.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Re: October 20, 2023 Marietta 28 - 24 Warren

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Steely Dan wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:18 am It was nice to see a very competitive game to close the season. After watching blowouts every week on Friday Night Rival games covered by WCHS out of Charleston, a rivalry game in the rain is a good watch. The fumble before the half was a back breaker, and it seemed to take the wind out of the sails for the Warriors in the third quarter. As for the fumble itself, well, you can see what you want to see. There we multiple refs watching the play and they all saw the same thing. Really unfortunate that the game had to end like it did, the Warren coach is going to have to live with that the entire offseason. I went to a couple of Warren games last year, and there is definite improvement. Looking forward to what the future holds. And I agree with the comment above, #2 for Warren needs to see the ball more on offense.

While I appreciate WTAP doing their live broadcasts of HS football, I don't know what was going on with the main camera last night. The camera view was too limited, you could not even see all the players on the field. Looks like they had a high school intern filming the game last night. :o :shock: :D
Maybe next year ….#2 made it clear and a lot of people see it ,and best believe he will only be bigger,stronger,and faster next season!! Remember the name and number….

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Hookshot wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:33 am
beg003 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:38 am
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:56 am

What’s disappointing is how Warren fans want to blame one play for losing a game. The game was still tied after that. Warren’s halftime speech must’ve been horrible because they came out in the 3rd and let Marietta drive straight down the field, then went 3 and out to have a long snap go over the head of the punter and give up another quick score. To me, that’s coaching and mindset. They let that fumble “play” affect the entire mindset of the team coming out in the 2nd half. By the time they refocused it was too late. It’s so bad that their head coach and players are posting pics and videos of the play on social media. Get over it! Maybe learn how to play defense and quit giving up an average of 28 points a game in your SIX losses. How many times in Warren history has a coach ended a game with an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? Stay classy Warren. There’s always next year!
Would you expect the coach to pat the officiating crew on the back and tell them what a great job they did when they took a TD off the board? While I do agree that referees are never the sole reason for a loss, a TD off the board in this game is huge. Fact of the matter is, they punted one time. Gotta be better situationally on defense.
There was no TD on the board.
Think he is saying there would have been .

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

swamisez wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:04 am Anyone know where I can find, or able to share results of the last ten meetings? Curious what the last decade has looked like in this rivalry.
swamisez.... now that's a name I've not seen for a long time. Hope you're well.

Return to “Football”