Who Wins Region 27

fortdawg
All Conference

Who Wins Region 27

Post by fortdawg »

The smart money is to pick the one or two seed but that isn't any fun.
I think Waterford has a chance to come out on top and I like Monroe-Central as a really Dark Horse.
They both played tough schedules and we'll see if that prepared them for the win or go home nature of the playoffs.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Who Wins Region 27

Post by EasternDspy »

Beaver Eastern will get exposed.

raindelay
Riding the Bench

Post by raindelay »

Obviously pulling for Caldwell to win the region. They’ve already beat Waterford and MC, and their 3 losses come to teams who will all be top 4 or higher in their respective regions. Beaver Eastern played one of the worst schedules in D7 according to Pasteur. Reedsville Eastern only has one loss to a WV team that I know nothing about. River is another team I could see making some noise. I think it comes down to those 3: Caldwell, River, or Reedsville.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

I don't think it really matters because I believe the winner of this region would face marion local.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

1. River
2. Caldwell
3. Eastern
4. Waterford

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

River or Coldwell then run into problems

raindelay
Riding the Bench

Post by raindelay »

gobucs20 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:35 pm I don't think it really matters because I believe the winner of this region would face marion local.
I’m sure it matters to the players, coaches, and community.

Bunker Hill
Freshman Team

Post by Bunker Hill »

River to win

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

If healthy, I don't see anyone beating River.

Waterford, Reedsville Eastern, Caldwell in that second tier.

I'm not sleeping on Beaver Eastern either. Say what you want about their schedule, but it's hard to go 10-0.

Skyrocket
Riding the Bench

Post by Skyrocket »

I like Rivers chances

northeast2019
Waterboy

Post by northeast2019 »

Waterford just held Fort Frye to around 80 yards rushing last night! If they get their offense dialed in they could be a complete team to watch out for. Good luck to all teams in the playoffs.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

pioneer19 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:43 pm If healthy, I don't see anyone beating River.

I'm not sleeping on Beaver Eastern either. Say what you want about their schedule, but it's hard to go 10-0.
I think River has a coaching advantage but a few weeks ago the scored late to beat a bad Shenandoah team who Caldwell just put a running clock on. Caldwell is fully healthy it appears for the first time in several weeks. They can throw the football and some teams here like Waterford can’t pass defend as we saw when Caldwell beat them by 4 tds earlier this season. I think it’s Caldwell, River, Eastern, Waterford, MC. nobody else with a chance. Shady will give beaver all they want and if shady doesn’t beat them waterford will roll them.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:07 pm River or Coldwell then run into problems
You just piecked those guys because you are still mad about GallCo losing both matchups to us.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Baldeagle wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:14 pm
MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:07 pm River or Coldwell then run into problems
You just piecked those guys because you are still mad about GallCo losing both matchups to us.
River maybe, but Caldwell is way too soft. If they face TP Eastern they’ll be intimidated by all the bullying techniques TPE throws at them. TP’s coach isn’t very bright but he is a master of unsportsmanlike tactics that intimidates soft teams.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

Baldeagle wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:14 pm
Let’s just say Easton got lucky again us. If we could have gotten the old ball coach to motivate the team by wearing his circa 82 shorts and given the pregame speech we’d a kicked their hindquarters. River or Coldwell will put ‘em to sleep.

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

redskinwitness wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:42 pm
pioneer19 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:43 pm If healthy, I don't see anyone beating River.

I think River has a coaching advantage but a few weeks ago the scored late to beat a bad Shenandoah team who Caldwell just put a running clock on. Caldwell is fully healthy it appears for the first time in several weeks. They can throw the football and some teams here like Waterford can’t pass defend as we saw when Caldwell beat them by 4 tds earlier this season. I think it’s Caldwell, River, Eastern, Waterford, MC. nobody else with a chance. Shady will give beaver all they want and if shady doesn’t beat them waterford will roll them.
Just going off of the eye test, I think River beats Caldwell by 2 TDs. To be fair though, I've only seen Caldwell on video so maybe I'm not giving them enough credit. I got a chance to see River in person early in the season and thought they looked really solid. Not a fan of comparing scores for a number of reasons, but that bad Shenandoah team took Shady to the woodshed early in the season. I don't know a ton about Beaver but if they lose to Shadyside, yikes. Waterford will be a different story, I would definitely give the edge to the Cats in that one.

thelegend
Waterboy

Post by thelegend »

Caldwell wins the region easily, probably stops there

Return to “Football”