Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Watchinghoops
Waterboy

Re: D4 R 16 #10 Waverly @ #7 Shawnee

Post by Watchinghoops »

The braves haven’t beat a winning team while sitting at 9-1 their only loss being to a 10-0 London team who is very solid with that only being a 2 possession game shawnee should be the favorite but if the tigers are healthy I like their chances. Waverlys best win over the 2 seed unioto 28-14 Shawnees best win over Madeira 35-7 ( Madeira 5-5 )

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Winnable game for the tigers if they can get healthy quick. Good luck WHS.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
a-trainsalomone
Riding the Bench

Post by a-trainsalomone »

I could see a nice game here and relate to it.

PVWC Sports Fanatic
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Waverly is going to have to step up and stop the rushing game in this one, force Springfield into throwing the ball. If we're not strong and hold the box on defense they're going to pound the ball at us all night long. They've got a good size line and a hard-nosed RB, if we can force them into passing situations that's really where they don't want to be. Defensively Springfield is very tough against the run, and they do a nice job of getting to the ball, but they are simply not very good against defending the pass. Hopefully, we adjust our passing game and hit the shorter stuff against these guys as the defense bales and guys are open underneath. I do think this is a game where the passing game is going to have to win it for Waverly and in order to do that, we need to block up front, need a bit more speed out there at WR to stretch the field and let our TE and slot WRs do the damage underneath and Hurd out of the backfield could be huge as well. If we can get ourselves a 2 score lead in this one and force SS into throwing I really like our chances I believe this is a good draw and a winnable game for Waverly but it's going to start up front. Good Luck

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

When was the last time Waverly won a “true” road playoff game feel like it’s been quite a whike

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Waverly by 17

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Hurd will have 250 ydsand 4 tds

Tanks3232
Freshman Team

Post by Tanks3232 »

Nicknevada86 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:30 pm Waverly by 17
Rooting for Waverly but Shawnee is very good

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Everything is going just as I planned tigers get a win and tanks get a win. Good luck stay healthy and just win baby!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Nicknevada86 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:30 pm Hurd will have 250 ydsand 4 tds
Last 6 games Shawnee has given up 34 points, so this isn't happening. If he can break 100 Waverly will have a solid shot at getting the W.

Watchinghoops
Waterboy

Post by Watchinghoops »

Shawnee does have a very nice defense but look at the comp they’ve been playing. If hurd goes for 250 and 4 touchdowns the tigers will win by 30 😂

Watchinghoops
Waterboy

Post by Watchinghoops »

Obv don’t expect Hurd to have 250 and 4 touchdowns, 100 and 2 touchdowns would be great

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:56 am Waverly is going to have to step up and stop the rushing game in this one, force Springfield into throwing the ball. If we're not strong and hold the box on defense they're going to pound the ball at us all night long. They've got a good size line and a hard-nosed RB, if we can force them into passing situations that's really where they don't want to be. Defensively Springfield is very tough against the run, and they do a nice job of getting to the ball, but they are simply not very good against defending the pass. Hopefully, we adjust our passing game and hit the shorter stuff against these guys as the defense bales and guys are open underneath. I do think this is a game where the passing game is going to have to win it for Waverly and in order to do that, we need to block up front, need a bit more speed out there at WR to stretch the field and let our TE and slot WRs do the damage underneath and Hurd out of the backfield could be huge as well. If we can get ourselves a 2 score lead in this one and force SS into throwing I really like our chances I believe this is a good draw and a winnable game for Waverly but it's going to start up front. Good Luck
Until Waverly decides to throw the ball when no one is over the WR until they come up and guard it we won’t win. I would love to know what these guys sitting in box are even doing. Quit with the play fakes when you look over and no one is over a WR throw them the ball 7-8 yards each time may even break one. We don’t set anything up for next play. Quick hitter quick hitter deep ball. We throw good passes Hurd will be hard to stop running the ball. If we show up with same game plan as always we will not win.
I for one would love to know why we don’t ever show up prepared. Our play calling was great last year not sure why what happened. Good luck to the Tigers I sure hope they put you in position to win a game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Springfield Shawnee being at home should probably be considered to be the favorite in this matchup. If their only loss was to Div3 London, this game could be a tall task for the Tigers. Good luck Tigers in your first round matchup.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:07 pm Springfield Shawnee being at home should probably be considered to be the favorite in this matchup. If their only loss was to Div3 London, this game could be a tall task for the Tigers. Good luck Tigers in your first round matchup.
Of course SS is the favorite in this matchup thinking anything else wouldn’t make a lot of sense. In this region basically every team is a tall task and minus a 2-3 teams in the region there’s no easy games in round 1 this region is no joke.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Shawnee is not impressive to me. Waverly has played a better schedule and has better players. I’ll take the tigers by 14. My advice is play faster like you did last year and give it to Hurd, then pass it to Hurd

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Forgot also play 4 on offense all the time he is the 2nd best player on your team idk why he isn’t in on offense

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:08 pm Forgot also play 4 on offense all the time he is the 2nd best player on your team idk why he isn’t in on offense
BINGO

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

allaboutsports wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:20 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:56 am Waverly is going to have to step up and stop the rushing game in this one, force Springfield into throwing the ball. If we're not strong and hold the box on defense they're going to pound the ball at us all night long. They've got a good size line and a hard-nosed RB, if we can force them into passing situations that's really where they don't want to be. Defensively Springfield is very tough against the run, and they do a nice job of getting to the ball, but they are simply not very good against defending the pass. Hopefully, we adjust our passing game and hit the shorter stuff against these guys as the defense bales and guys are open underneath. I do think this is a game where the passing game is going to have to win it for Waverly and in order to do that, we need to block up front, need a bit more speed out there at WR to stretch the field and let our TE and slot WRs do the damage underneath and Hurd out of the backfield could be huge as well. If we can get ourselves a 2 score lead in this one and force SS into throwing I really like our chances I believe this is a good draw and a winnable game for Waverly but it's going to start up front. Good Luck
Until Waverly decides to throw the ball when no one is over the WR until they come up and guard it we won’t win. I would love to know what these guys sitting in box are even doing. Quit with the play fakes when you look over and no one is over a WR throw them the ball 7-8 yards each time may even break one. We don’t set anything up for next play. Quick hitter quick hitter deep ball. We throw good passes Hurd will be hard to stop running the ball. If we show up with same game plan as always we will not win.
I for one would love to know why we don’t ever show up prepared. Our play calling was great last year not sure why what happened. Good luck to the Tigers I sure hope they put you in position to win a game.

Return to “Football”