Athens to TSL

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Athens to TSL

Post by EasternDspy »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:23 pm Add Athens, Jackson, Gallia, and Logan. Call it East Southern Ohio Athletic Conference
Let’s go.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:55 pm
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:52 pm
noreply66 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:26 pm I feel Marietta is on the upswing in their sports programs and Warren is Warren. Point Pleasant can be good at times and Fort Frye does compete in most of their sports. Athens would be a good add to the TSL. It would get them away from a two-division conference and allow them to play a few top teams from the TVC. If Athens made this move it is possible a few other teams near their size would join the TSL. I like leagues/conferences to just be one division. Seven conference games plus three non-conference games. Athens to Marietta isn't that bad of a trip. With the schools in the area of Athens being a near one hour drive they probably would be the most western school with good traveling highways.
Warren is Warren 😂 !!! They’re going to be a lot better next year in football!! I think Athens and Jackson would fit perfectly I also agree with Logan joining or maybe Williamstown!
It is true. Warren is Warren. They can beat teams with losing records no problem. When they face good teams, they are still behind and will be even next year with their entire team coming back. Fairfield Union had a junior RB run at will against them. John Marshall had a sophomore QB, Fort Frye will beat them regardless, knowing they started freshmen this year and Miller will be back. Point Pleasant had a third string QB playing. For Warren to be what their fans want they will need to drop the teams who beat them this year and add more TVC teams. On a bright note. They should beat Marietta next year. And FYI. Jackson would beat the brakes off of Warren.
Warren is also loaded with great Sophomore and Junior class ! Also I didn’t say warriors would beat all the teAms Ivsaid they’d be great teams to join the league !!

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

Dundas wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:13 pm
noreply66 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:26 pm I feel Marietta is on the upswing in their sports programs and Warren is Warren. Point Pleasant can be good at times and Fort Frye does compete in most of their sports. Athens would be a good add to the TSL. It would get them away from a two-division conference and allow them to play a few top teams from the TVC. If Athens made this move it is possible a few other teams near their size would join the TSL. I like leagues/conferences to just be one division. Seven conference games plus three non-conference games. Athens to Marietta isn't that bad of a trip. With the schools in the area of Athens being a near one hour drive they probably would be the most western school with good traveling highways.
Warren is Warren 😂 !!! They’re going to be a lot better next year in football!! I think Athens and Jackson would fit perfectly I also agree with Logan joining or maybe Williamstown!
Warren has averaged 3 wins a year since 2000. I’m not sure you want Jackson on your schedule. Since 1992, Warren is 1-16 Vs Jackson with a lone 3 point win in 1998. Warren has also lost 8 straight games against Athens.

Just for giggles. Warren hasn’t beaten Williamstown since 1980.
While I agree with you in football it is football only. Since this is about a league (all sports) I think we know Warren will more than hold their own. Many schools has dodged Warren in BBall for years

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:50 am
Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:55 pm
It is true. Warren is Warren. They can beat teams with losing records no problem. When they face good teams, they are still behind and will be even next year with their entire team coming back. Fairfield Union had a junior RB run at will against them. John Marshall had a sophomore QB, Fort Frye will beat them regardless, knowing they started freshmen this year and Miller will be back. Point Pleasant had a third string QB playing. For Warren to be what their fans want they will need to drop the teams who beat them this year and add more TVC teams. On a bright note. They should beat Marietta next year. And FYI. Jackson would beat the brakes off of Warren.
Warren is also loaded with great Sophomore and Junior class ! Also I didn’t say warriors would beat all the teAms Ivsaid they’d be great teams to join the league !!
Since Warren is coming off another 4-6 season and apparently have the best coaches and athletes since the 2020 team coming back next year it’s time to put up or shut up. Put PHS and South back on the schedule and see how good they really are. Put Jackson on there too. Heck, go play Ironton again like back in the old SEOAL days or even Gallia Academy. Throw in a Waterford or Eastern just for giggles. Let’s play some big boy football now since the program is back to its glory days.

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

Warren wont play us cuz they dont want to get beat

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

Athens likes the tvc. The ran from the seoal they’re not going anywhere. Big fish small pond, just how they want it.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

coachK wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:40 am Athens likes the tvc. The ran from the seoal they’re not going anywhere. Big fish small pond, just how they want it.
In the long run that will not make them better.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:08 pm
coachK wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:40 am Athens likes the tvc. The ran from the seoal they’re not going anywhere. Big fish small pond, just how they want it.
In the long run that will not make them better.
How would getting the old SEOAL gang back together plus Fort help them in the long run win a state title?

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Sounds like another dose of cut and run is brewing in Athens.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!

Return to “Football”