November 3, 2023 Wheelersburg 34 - 0 Portsmouth

FIDO
S

Re: Trojans vs the Burg

Post by FIDO »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:14 am
FIDO wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:52 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:15 pm

Bench clearing brawl at a scrimmage? Maybe it is a systemic issue…

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=94937
I dont know the correct answer. What I do know is seops would be ablazed, weekly, with stories.

Should all the doctors in the Burg be held accountable because Temponaras(sp) ran a pill mill and distributed over 1.6 million oxys over a short period of time? She directly contributed to the on-going heroin crisis in the county. The answer is NO! IMO. Same with blaming an entire school/community because a few bad apples. JMO
That’s a bad example:
- The first ever “pull mills” in Scioto County were started in Portsmouth.
- The Temponares’ did have facilities in Burg but they were from/lived in Portsmouth. They branched out of Portsmouth with their operations.
Okay, so the Burg recruited a doctor! 8-) j/k

I will never blame an entire community for the actions of a few. They belonged in the SOC II but it won't happen in my lifetime. Anyway, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Cheers! Get a new OC. I've never seen such a dysfunctional offense out of the Burg in 40 yrs of watching/following SOC football. With that said, you were still #2 in the region based on both the draw and strength of defense. Congrats

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

FIDO wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:57 am
FIDO wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:52 pm

I dont know the correct answer. What I do know is seops would be ablazed, weekly, with stories.

Should all the doctors in the Burg be held accountable because Temponaras(sp) ran a pill mill and distributed over 1.6 million oxys over a short period of time? She directly contributed to the on-going heroin crisis in the county. The answer is NO! IMO. Same with blaming an entire school/community because a few bad apples. JMO
That’s a bad example:
- The Temponares’ did have facilities in Burg but they were from/lived in Portsmouth. They branched out of Portsmouth with their operations.

I will never blame an entire community for the actions of a few. They belonged in the SOC II but it won't happen in my lifetime. Anyway, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Cheers! Get a new OC. I've never seen such a dysfunctional offense out of the Burg in 40 yrs of watching/following SOC football. With that said, you were still #2 in the region based on both the draw and strength of defense. Congrats
LOL!!!

Be careful criticizing Burg’s O. Other posters will pull out their pitchforks and torches to go after you like they have others and me for criticizing Burg’s O!

Even if it is not so, on this site we have to pretend that Burg’s O is a well oiled machine coached by the best high school OC the state has ever seen.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:40 am

That’s a bad example:

LOL!!!

Be careful criticizing Burg’s O. Other posters will pull out their pitchforks and torches to go after you like they have others and me for criticizing Burg’s O!

Even if it is not so, on this site we have to pretend that Burg’s O is a well oiled machine coached by the best high school OC the state has ever seen.

Objective analysis is not welcomed in southern Ohio. They only write hallmark cards here. 🤣

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

That’s a bad example:

LOL!!!

I'm just an outsider looking in at the program, for many, many years.

I'm not sure one can justify this play calling:

1st and 2nd down you gained 7 yards and are near HP 40 down 14.

3rd down pass and missed badly

4th down punt.

Gotta take advantage when presented against better teams. 2 downs to get a 1st down.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

FIDO wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:15 pm

LOL!!!

4th down punt.

Gotta take advantage when presented against better teams. 2 downs to get a 1st down.
Be careful. I know you've read all about burgs superior coaching and culture on this platform. If you keep speaking factually they will try to shift the narrative and tell you about their so called superior academics and softball. Whatever you do, don't be objective and factual in SEO lol.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:40 pm

LOL!!!

4th down punt.

Be careful. I know you've read all about burgs superior coaching and culture on this platform. If you keep speaking factually they will try to shift the narrative and tell you about their so called superior academics and softball. Whatever you do, don't be objective and factual in SEO lol.
I respect the program. They've had longer sustained success than most in SEO. I've been out of the area for more than 40 yrs but I follow local hs sports religiously. No one can tell me what my eyes see. If the baby is ugly then by golly the baby is ugly. No amount of lipstick can change the fact. Chest thumpers need not apply.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:40 pm

LOL!!!

4th down punt.

I respect the program. They've had longer sustained success than most in SEO. I've been out of the area for more than 40 yrs but I follow local hs sports religiously. No one can tell me what my eyes see. If the baby is ugly then by golly the baby is ugly. No amount of lipstick can change the fact. Chest thumpers need not apply.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

LOL!!!

4th down punt.

Play calling is a chronic issue. Unfortunately the HP game was not an anomaly.

Return to “Football”