10/13 A Newark Catholic (3-7) [VI:23] W 56-21
10/20 H Johnstown (5-5) [IV:15] W 54-21

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Heath @ Ironton

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I like the Fighting Tigers chances in this one, will be a much better game than a 1 vs 16 seed.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Pretty good 9 seed, with two losses to teams that combined for 19-1. Ironton will be happy to win this one. Don’t think they’d be a double digit favorite.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironton should win but Heath is a good #9 seed

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

If Ironton can't put together a sound drive that living and dying by the big play is gonna catch up with them.

Scary matchup.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Ironton 27
Heath 22

This one is gonna be tough.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

If the Ironton QB can keep a handle on the ball , not carry it like its a bag of shi* , the should win pretty easy .

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

1. Play well on the line. 2 no stupid personal fouls. 3. Limit turnovers. Ironton wont have any problem. Continue doing those destructive things will equal an early exit.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Ironton flexes some muscles this game I believe, next week it when I think a reality check is due

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

84Dragon wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:13 pm If the Ironton QB can keep a handle on the ball , not carry it like its a bag of shi* , the should win pretty easy .
you didn't see that last night w/ the new qb1

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Old Time Tiger wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:59 pm
84Dragon wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:13 pm If the Ironton QB can keep a handle on the ball , not carry it like its a bag of shi* , the should win pretty easy .
No. I seen more lack of offensive continuity and an offense bailed out by big plays vs a very weak barely d5 team.

I also seen last night's qb put the ball on the ground at least twice but Ironton was fortunate and fell on it. I believe that happened about 4 or 5 times total.

I seen more issues at Center which is consistent with the same lack of continuity at the position where Ironton has struggled all season.

A qb change in week 11 = a team that is doubting themselves and looking for an easy personnel fix and not a team committed to fixing the discipline and fundamental issues that are the root cause.

Ironton is in danger of an early exit in this one.

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:59 pm
No. I seen more lack of offensive continuity and an offense bailed out by big plays vs a very weak barely d5 team.

I also seen last night's qb put the ball on the ground at least twice but Ironton was fortunate and fell on it. I believe that happened about 4 or 5 times total.

I seen more issues at Center which is consistent with the same lack of continuity at the position where Ironton has struggled all season.

A qb change in week 11 = a team that is doubting themselves and looking for an easy personnel fix and not a team committed to fixing the discipline and fundamental issues that are the root cause.

First off you didn't seen, you saw......Hopefully you're not from Ironton..lol
A qb1 change is week 11 was a tough coaching decision made in an attempt to make this team better..
The more reps he gets the less you'll see of those mistakes, while the quick scores were great, it reduced the work the new qb needed..
He's been thrust in tough situations before and no doubt will be fine
Last edited by Old Time Tiger on Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Ironton 38
Heath 17

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Fantastic50 sees it as a 19 point tiger win but I think ironton wins by at least 28

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I think you have some good points & insights

With change of QB, & overall inspired play by IHS MINUS MISCUES, did you watch in person or on Mytown stream?

I watched stream & just curious if you picked up on the inspired play, i saw or not?

Yep, there were the mistakes & few/er penalties, but IHS LOOKED to me like they WOKE UP since mid-season….

sportphotos
JV Team

Post by sportphotos »

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Heath beat Licking Valley (D4 Region 15) very handily earlier in the season, and LV is a good football team.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:53 pm

With change of QB, & overall inspired play by IHS MINUS MISCUES, did you watch in person or on Mytown stream?

I watched stream & just curious if you picked up on the inspired play, i saw or not?

Yep, there were the mistakes & few/er penalties, but IHS LOOKED to me like they WOKE UP since mid-season….
Ironton put the ball on the ground around 5 times but fortunately fell on them.

Still no continuity at Center = several high snaps.

Now no continuity at QB going into week 12.

Ironton still has a difficult time running the ball between the tackles.

I think the issues are not a personnel issue.
It's a technique and discipline issue. Different kids in positions but a lot of the same mistakes. It works for now, in the early rounds.

I don't think it'll work in Canton.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:50 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:53 pm

Ironton put the ball on the ground around 5 times but fortunately fell on them.

Still no continuity at Center = several high snaps.

Now no continuity at QB going into week 12.

Ironton still has a difficult time running the ball between the tackles.

I think the issues are not a personnel issue.
It's a technique and discipline issue. Different kids in positions but a lot of the same mistakes. It works for now, in the early rounds.

I don't think it'll work in Canton.
This Ironton team won’t see Canton unless they buy tickets. This isn’t a great “Team”.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironton takes this one by 21, Heath is a decent team but they got by a West team that was just ok at best.

Return to “Football”