November 10, 2023 Ironton 14 - 20 Harvest Prep

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton v Harvest Prep

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:58 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:45 pm We’ll be just fine next year, on to a great Basketball season. Good luck to the Pirates of Wheelersburg next week.
I wish Irontons social media team promoted basketball as passionately. Why don't they?
I have no idea, I do know a few players that are playing this year that didn’t last year to go along with Terry and Schreck, possibly two of the best players in this area.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:54 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:40 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:37 pm

Oh you know it! I think the Arnton folks need to find some other hobbies! Imagine living life through your local high school football team.
Oh, the Ironton envy = Priceless lol
Ironton.envy ? 😂😂 How sweet is "success" when most of the kids aren't even from your town? No. I'm good not living life through my local high school football team.
Me too, I retired at 56 and am loving life, I enjoy all sports and local teams success especially on the State level, we need more SEO teams succeeding on that level. I’ll be rooting for the Pirates of Wheelersburg Friday night.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:39 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:40 pm

Oh, the Ironton envy = Priceless lol
Ironton.envy ? 😂😂 How sweet is "success" when most of the kids aren't even from your town? No. I'm good not living life through my local high school football team.
Me too, I retired at 56 and am loving life, I enjoy all sports and local teams success especially on the State level, we need more SEO teams succeeding on that level. I’ll be rooting for the Pirates of Wheelersburg Friday night.
If you're from Ohio seems you would support student athletes state wide. Do Retirees from Cincy just root for "southern ohio" also? My family in NEO said seo isn't even really Ohio. It's Kentucky. 🤣

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:04 am

If you're from Ohio seems you would support student athletes state wide. Do Retirees from Cincy just root for "southern ohio" also? My family in NEO said seo isn't even really Ohio. It's Kentucky. 🤣
That is saying NEO might be meatchicken :lol: :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Cincy area fans root for Cincy area schools with focus on the big programs: catholic schools, Lakota West, Colerain, etc. They don’t cheer or care much for programs outside this area.

As for NEO, that is viewed as a dump. Having lived there, I agree. Cleveland is referred to “the mistake on the lake.” Youngstown is not referred to at all.

Reality is that NEO and Toledo are dying areas. North of Cincinnati and north of Columbus is where the growth is taking place. Toledo, Cleveland, and Youngstown are the rust belt whose best days are long, long gone.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:19 pm

Cincy area fans root for Cincy area schools with focus on the big programs: catholic schools, Lakota West, Colerain, etc. They don’t cheer or care much for programs outside this area.

As for NEO, that is viewed as a dump. Having lived there, I agree. Cleveland is referred to “the mistake on the lake.” Youngstown is not referred to at all.

Reality is that NEO and Toledo are dying areas. North of Cincinnati and north of Columbus is where the growth is taking place. Toledo, Cleveland, and Youngstown are the rust belt whose best days are long, long gone.
Point being, the whole you have to root for ya rival cause seo is the most illogical nonsense I have EVER heard. lol. That's like telling an Ohio State fan he has to root for Xichigan if they play LSU cause big ten. WHAT? 🤣 I spent a good bit of my high school years up near Pittsburgh. I never met a Steeler fan who rooted for the Browns cause AFC lol. Smh

Ps. Can't keep a good man down. Lol

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Cincy roots for Cincy schools. Exactly. They don't root for their rivals cause "southern ohio." It's literally the dumbest most inbred logic I've ever heard. Lol. The Yankees root for the red Sox cause AL? Lol.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:10 pm

Point being, the whole you have to root for ya rival cause seo is the most illogical nonsense I have EVER heard. lol. That's like telling an Ohio State fan he has to root for Xichigan if they play LSU cause big ten. WHAT? 🤣 I spent a good bit of my high school years up near Pittsburgh. I never met a Steeler fan who rooted for the Browns cause AFC lol. Smh

The SEC is terrible about that. They act like Georgia winning the title equates to all of them winning a title.

That said, I cheer for teams from the area because SEO is typically the underdog, except for Burg softball.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:19 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:10 pm

The SEC is terrible about that. They act like Georgia winning the title equates to all of them winning a title.

That said, I cheer for teams from the area because SEO is typically the underdog, except for Burg softball.

Yes and it's annoying when the sec does that. It's like a fake work smile. Smh

Return to “Football”