November 10, 2023 Ironton 14 - 20 Harvest Prep

mattash
Site Admin

November 10, 2023 Ironton 14 - 20 Harvest Prep

Post by mattash »

Who you got and where do you think it will be at ?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton v Harvest Prep

Post by Oldtimer55 »

Chillicothe? Maybe Waverly?

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Depends on who put in a bid to host could be Chillicothe Waverly or even Jackson

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

My guess is waverly. Ironton better clean up or prep wins.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

I'd think Waverly would be the best location.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:38 pm My guess is waverly. Ironton better clean up or prep wins.
Prep is sloppy too. I think Prep suits Ironton. Gonna be a good ball game again.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:45 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:38 pm My guess is waverly. Ironton better clean up or prep wins.
Prep is sloppy too. I think Prep suits Ironton. Gonna be a good ball game again.
Ive never seen a team as undisciplined and sloppy as ironton. If prep keeps it close ironton is guaranteed to
Self destruct.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I'm sold. Ironton by any score. Penalties, turnovers and poor play calling won't matter.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Lucasville?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This is not last years prep team. They are very run heavy. They are very fast on defense and big defensively. I don’t think they game plan well which may hurt them but they may be favored in this game.

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

mattash wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:52 pmLucasville?
I wish, It easily they nest facility on Scioto County. 5,000 seat stadium, nice consession stands on both sides, nice bathrooms on both sides. Also the amount of parking directly at the stadium is fantastic. Sadly Valley never hosts neutral site playoff games. I’ve always been told the reason they don’t is because their stadium doesn’t have a fence around the field. Another reason I’ve heard is they don’t have enough people to do everything that comes with hosting a big playoff game.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:57 pm This is not last years prep team. They are very run heavy. They are very fast on defense and big defensively. I don’t think they game plan well which may hurt them but they may be favored in this game.
Prep being run heavy favors them but the way they seem to manage games sometimes leaves you scratching your head. End of the day two very talented teams who make a bunch of mistakes consistently. Irontons run game still isn't great and the o line is what it is at this point. Irontons defense is good but they will need help Friday from the offense.

Tonight, Ironton went well over double digits in penalties and put the ball on the ground and basically the offense checked out for most of the 2nd half. Heath made just enough mistakes also where it canceled out and Ironton out talented them. At some point that's not gonna be enough. Irontons gonna need to be able to cut the penalties down vs Prep unless Prep is sloppy also and they very easily could be. Hard game to call imo. I think it's going to be a very close game marred by flags on both teams and probably a few turnovers between both teams as well.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Ironton is #1 in the region for a reason. They have the talent to get it done. Do they have the discipline necessary to beat equal or better talented teams is the question? I'm hoping for a Tiger/Pirate regional final.

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

BuckeyeBond wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:20 pm
I wish, It easily they nest facility on Scioto County. 5,000 seat stadium, nice consession stands on both sides, nice bathrooms on both sides. Also the amount of parking directly at the stadium is fantastic. Sadly Valley never hosts neutral site playoff games. I’ve always been told the reason they don’t is because their stadium doesn’t have a fence around the field. Another reason I’ve heard is they don’t have enough people to do everything that comes with hosting a big playoff game.
In 2017, Lucasville hosted a regional semi final between Coal Grove and Southeastern. They have a very nice facility there!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

It's I-towns region to lose. They are number one and have the most recent success in the region.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ironton can win this game no doubt but the penalties have to be addressed.
And limit HP from the big play.
Ironton is their own worst enemy when it comes to penalties and sloppy ball handling.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

BuckeyeBond wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:20 pm
Yeah it’s rare for valley to get to host because of the fence rule which is stupid

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

May the least penalized and most disciplined team win, I see it being Ironton but I think it could be a rock fight

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Didn’t Ironton have like 60 players to start the season? Looked like low 40’s last night.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:45 pm Didn’t Ironton have like 60 players to start the season? Looked like low 40’s last night.
They did the annual playoff team picture 2 weeks ago and from the picture I counted 59 kids. Ironton is lead in numbers by the Junior class with roughly 25 kids

Return to “Football”