November 10, 2023 Ironton 14 - 20 Harvest Prep

Jason Vorhees
S

Re: Ironton v Harvest Prep

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Ironton had 12 penalties for 106 against Heath. However ugly a win is, it is just that. A win. At this point in the season, it’s a survive and advance mentality. Making the right plays at the right time. Ironton can certainly beat Harvest Prep and vice versa.

If Ironton can establish a healthy dose of the run game, grind the tempo down, and force Harvest Prep into tough situations, I really like their chances. I wouldn’t allow them to get ahead of stick. Force them into 2nd and Longs, etc.

I think that the first one to either 21 or 28 wins this game.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

GrumpyPundit wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:26 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:07 pm
GrumpyPundit wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:21 pm

Do they dress Freshmen for Home Playoff Games? Because there wasn’t close to that number on the sidelines last night. Heath had way more kids than Ironton
If freshmen make the playoff bench list, they get counted for competitive balance purposes. Otherwise, a freshman would have to play in a varsity game to count.
Yeah, that’s not how competitive balance works. If they are on the team, they count.
Yeah, it is. https://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/SchoolR ... tering.pdf

See the football subsection. It’s highlighted for you. No need to apologize.
[/quote]

Why would I bother to apologize? If you would have taken the time to read the very next post after my original one, you would have seen it was by me stating that I was wrong.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Anyways back to game. I think Ironton wins this one. Prep is not going beat you with their passing. Limit their big running plays and they are done.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:33 pm 1 seed Ironton traveling 1hr42min. While HP traveling 56min. Much better options were available for where this game could've been played.
it all depends on who bids to host these games

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:17 pm
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:33 pm 1 seed Ironton traveling 1hr42min. While HP traveling 56min. Much better options were available for where this game could've been played.
Complete BS!!
not like we havent been getting screwed for years

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:51 am Anyways back to game. I think Ironton wins this one. Prep is not going beat you with their passing. Limit their big running plays and they are done.
Yes

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

If ironton and burg win I hope Portsmouth puts a bid in. Last time they played there it was an amazing game and both sides full.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:12 pm If ironton and burg win I hope Portsmouth puts a bid in. Last time they played there it was an amazing game and both sides full.
Yep just no parking. It was a great atmosphere to say the least.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

First to 21 I believe
Ironton 27
Prep 20

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:57 pm First to 21 I believe
Ironton 27
Prep 20
Agree. Although I think IHS wins by two scores. They just seem to have HP’s number.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Harvest Prep has a few of the same o linemen back from last year who were brutalized by our DL/LB crew. This is not the same LB crew, not even close. That said, it’s the same D line. Patterson, Thacker, and Layne will be too much up front and Schreck will have a huge game as Prep focuses all of their efforts on Terry…

Ironton 22
Prep 20

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:15 pm
Oldtimer55 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:53 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:17 pm

Complete BS!!
Chillicothe, Waverly, Jackson didn’t put in to host???

Not sure, but possibly not. One has to wonder if the lack of couth by a handful of fans at past playoff game venues was a contributing factor in not getting a closer location for this game. I attended the Ironton/West and Ironton/HP games last year, and the same shirtless clown ( that appeared to be intoxicated ) was F-Bombing, and screaming obscenities throughout both games with small children all around him. I'm sure any Ironton fans in attendance know who I'm referring to. Surprisingly nobody removed him and his group from the facilities.
He never was kicked out or warned, so he wasn’t that bad. He wasn’t with the crowd he was sitting with and i seen a couple guys trying to keep him calm 🤣

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Tigers in your matchup against Harvest Prep.

Deuce23
Waterboy

Post by Deuce23 »

I am a die hard Ironton fan and wish them best of luck against Prep. I worry about this matchup for several reasons. We have to play more disciplined football. Less penalties and we can not turn the ball over. We have to have a better focus and a game plan from the coaching staff. Our play calling is the worst I have seen . So predictable . Prep will load the box so I dont think the quarterback sneak 3 plays in a row is going to work. Best of luck to the kids and staff from both teams.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best wishes Ironton

PointerHornet89
Waterboy

Post by PointerHornet89 »

Bring home a win Tigers

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Come on BIG I.

Play lights out & full-force & AdVance!

I Believe!

#GoTgo

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I believe Ironton works out the silly penalties they are going against a very talented Prep team not a lower OVC team now.
They lose they go home I believe they got up on a very good Heath team and it nearly came back to bite them maybe that will wake them up.
Good Luck Ironton

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

GoBigI wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:51 pm Harvest Prep has a few of the same o linemen back from last year who were brutalized by our DL/LB crew. This is not the same LB crew, not even close. That said, it’s the same D line. Patterson, Thacker, and Layne will be too much up front and Schreck will have a huge game as Prep focuses all of their efforts on Terry…

Ironton 22
Prep 20
Yes. I think Ironton has the better defense. On the strength of that I'm giving the edge to Ironton. Both offenses are prone to unforced errors and turnovers to an extent. Good D will come in handy.

That said a good chance remains if Prep commits to the run and don't get fancy, they could have some real success because Irontons defense has been susceptible to the run this season and struggled to get off the field on 3rd down. If Prep is patient they could have success. Irontons defense gets stranded on the field too long holes start opening up and in turn Irontons offense looses opportunity to establish rhythm. This game is on the run defense for Ironton Friday night. I think they get it done.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:02 pm
GoBigI wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:51 pm Harvest Prep has a few of the same o linemen back from last year who were brutalized by our DL/LB crew. This is not the same LB crew, not even close. That said, it’s the same D line. Patterson, Thacker, and Layne will be too much up front and Schreck will have a huge game as Prep focuses all of their efforts on Terry…

Ironton 22
Prep 20
Yes. I think Ironton has the better defense. On the strength of that I'm giving the edge to Ironton. Both offenses are prone to unforced errors and turnovers to an extent. Good D will come in handy.

That said a good chance remains if Prep commits to the run and don't get fancy, they could have some real success because Irontons defense has been susceptible to the run this season and struggled to get off the field on 3rd down. If Prep is patient they could have success. Irontons defense gets stranded on the field too long holes start opening up and in turn Irontons offense looses opportunity to establish rhythm. This game is on the run defense for Ironton Friday night. I think they get it done.
Midland game helps here.

Midland had the better o line and backfield compared to Prep. Ironton should be up and prepared. Comes down to how clean and efficient they can play. Make no mistake though. Prep is more of a threat this time than the two times before. I think this will be the best game in the region Friday night.

Return to “Football”