November 10, 2023 Ironton 14 - 20 Harvest Prep

522Pirate
Varsity

Re: Ironton v Harvest Prep

Post by 522Pirate »

The QB Porter is a load in the run game...good size with good speed for the size, but was ineffective to say the least passing against Burg. The other QB Pierce is a little better throwing but still not anywhere near as effective as Rogers was the past couple seasons. And they still have zero kicking game...kickoffs are all short and I'm thinking they don't even attempt kicking extra points...Fantastic 50 has Prep by 8 but I think if ironton sticks with the run game and doesn't give up too many big plays defensively they win by 10+

okayand124
Waterboy

Post by okayand124 »

I have Ironton 42-12. Offensively I see Shaun Terry and zayne Williams having a field day. If the teams cut down on penalties and stupid mistakes they will kill harvest prep. I see Ironton coming out strong and harvest prep just giving in. Especially defensively like Noah Patterson and Bailey Thacker. Linebackers I see are airs pitman and braylen sturgil having a big game and leaving the harvest prep offense in shambles. That’s also including maddix Markel and Josh Johnson prime time!

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:36 pm
gobucs20 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:34 pm
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:33 pm 1 seed Ironton traveling 1hr42min. While HP traveling 56min. Much better options were available for where this game could've been played.
Maybe they're giving teams that commit less penalties a shorter drive
Haha id almost bet HP will have the most penalties

That would explain the decision. Ironton faithful better get their gas money ready!

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

BigSpoon wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:20 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:36 pm
gobucs20 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:34 pm

Maybe they're giving teams that commit less penalties a shorter drive
Haha id almost bet HP will have the most penalties

That would explain the decision. Ironton faithful better get their gas money ready!
It's no worse than last year when Ironton had to travel to Cincy to play valley View.
Nothing equal about that site so this is just the norm from OHSAA

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

okayand124 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:21 pm I have Ironton 42-12. Offensively I see Shaun Terry and zayne Williams having a field day. If the teams cut down on penalties and stupid mistakes they will kill harvest prep. I see Ironton coming out strong and harvest prep just giving in. Especially defensively like Noah Patterson and Bailey Thacker. Linebackers I see are airs pitman and braylen sturgil having a big game and leaving the harvest prep offense in shambles. That’s also including maddix Markel and Josh Johnson prime time!
24 runs hard for Ironton. Wish he would take better care of the ball.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:04 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:02 pm
GoBigI wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:51 pm Harvest Prep has a few of the same o linemen back from last year who were brutalized by our DL/LB crew. This is not the same LB crew, not even close. That said, it’s the same D line. Patterson, Thacker, and Layne will be too much up front and Schreck will have a huge game as Prep focuses all of their efforts on Terry…

Ironton 22
Prep 20
Yes. I think Ironton has the better defense. On the strength of that I'm giving the edge to Ironton. Both offenses are prone to unforced errors and turnovers to an extent. Good D will come in handy.

That said a good chance remains if Prep commits to the run and don't get fancy, they could have some real success because Irontons defense has been susceptible to the run this season and struggled to get off the field on 3rd down. If Prep is patient they could have success. Irontons defense gets stranded on the field too long holes start opening up and in turn Irontons offense looses opportunity to establish rhythm. This game is on the run defense for Ironton Friday night. I think they get it done.
Midland game helps here.

Midland had the better o line and backfield compared to Prep. Ironton should be up and prepared. Comes down to how clean and efficient they can play. Make no mistake though. Prep is more of a threat this time than the two times before. I think this will be the best game in the region Friday night.

I agree with most ALL here you have pinpointed, BUT STRONGLY DISAGREE ABOUT THE -v- Prep previous games.

The 2020 Edition @ IHS WAS a very close 7-point game where the Tigers physicality, conditioning, determination, & BELIEF they could prevail in the End carried them through to the end.

Same applies tomorrow!!!

#GoTgo

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

neutral field
[2023] Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester, OH) 28 (53%), [2023] Cabell Midland (Ona, WV) 27 (47%)

Ironton needs to be ready. I think they can win but it won’t be the same result as last year. Prep went and found them some pretty good players. Their d ends are quick and the linebackers are too. Ironton just needs to be patient and wait for prep to make their usual mistakes.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:36 pm neutral field
[2023] Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester, OH) 28 (53%), [2023] Cabell Midland (Ona, WV) 27 (47%)

Ironton needs to be ready. I think they can win but it won’t be the same result as last year. Prep went and found them some pretty good players. Their d ends are quick and the linebackers are too. Ironton just needs to be patient and wait for prep to make their usual mistakes.
I know Prep has played a stiff non conf test but I gotta disagree with calpreps Midland is a top seeded team in AAA playoffs

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:17 pm

I know Prep has played a stiff non conf test but I gotta disagree with calpreps Midland is a top seeded team in AAA playoffs
All I know is prep is not the same prep team as last year. I still think Ironton can win but I can believe why drew Pasteur is favoring them.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I'll take prep by 7

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:53 pm

All I know is prep is not the same prep team as last year. I still think Ironton can win but I can believe why drew Pasteur is favoring them.
Agree I think Ironton wins, would love to see a week 1 rematch just a neutral observer

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

Stream for this game?

Brownies1
Freshman Team

Post by Brownies1 »

bigblue52 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:22 pm Stream for this game?
Spectrum sports.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

neutral field
[2023] Center Grove (Greenwood, IN) 44 (96%), [2023] Cabell Midland (Ona, WV) 17 (4%)

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

d-5 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:20 pm

neutral field
[2023] Center Grove (Greenwood, IN) 44 (96%), [2023] Cabell Midland (Ona, WV) 17 (4%)

Center Grove one of the best teams in Indiana right now Midland is not, they aren’t the best team in WV but are one of the better

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I don't care too much about driving a couple hours, I just want a good stadium, decent parking and ample seating. That being said, I know Burrow Stadium only seats a little over 3,000, over 2,000 less than Ironton's beautiful Tank Stadium. That's not a bunch of seats. Now, if the attendance was like the last two games, that may not be a problem. I cannot recall now how well Prep travels. Anyone have a thought about that?

Also, just judging by the aerial photo, it appears almost if the seating is all on one side. Ironton is the home team if I'm recalling correctly, finishing as the highest seed.

All things considered, I considered not going but now, we are pulling out at 1 pm tomorrow. I love watching my Tigers!

After the game last week, we walked into Coal Grove Giovanni's. Two men turned and seen by our Tiger apparel and started telling us they knew some people from Prep and they had been hoping so much to draw the Tigers. That they were fully expecting to embarrass Ironton this year, as they were humiliated last year. Now, whether they knew anyone or not, I cannot say. They may have been making that up but I'd say Prep would love to knock Ironton out.

Last year Prep won 13 games in a row, undefeated, taking down Wheelersburg (25-21) the week before facing Ironton. The Tigers defeated the Burg, 12-3 week one this year. Last year, Ironton beat Wheelersburg by 17-14. Ironton smacked Prep in the face last year, 34-0! You can maul over those numbers in your spare time, or...not, it's up to you.

Prep's Roster: https://www.maxpreps.com/oh/canal-winch ... ll/roster/
Last edited by kantucky on Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:53 pm

In what we are they not the same team? their offensive scheme? defense? their scores against their opposition is pretty similar to the year before. Last year, they appeared to be more dominating, outscoring their opposition, 536 - 182. Take out the final game, against Ironton, they bested all their opponents, 536 - 148 in their first 13 games (avg per game, 42.2 - 11.4)

As of their last game, their 12th, they are 405 - 127. (avg per game 33.8 - 10.6)

Their defense is marginally showing an improvement but their offense is averaging more than 8 points less this year than last.

Yes, they do seem to have one impressive victory but how would they have fared against Midland? we can only imagine. We don't know

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

kantucky wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:39 pm I don't care too much about driving a couple hours, I just want a good stadium, decent parking and ample seating. That being said, I know Burrow Stadium only seats a little over 3,000, over 2,000 less than Ironton's beautiful Tank Stadium. That's not a bunch of seats. Now, if the attendance was like the last two games, that may not be a problem. I cannot recall now how well Prep travels. Anyone have a thought about that?

Also, just judging by the aerial photo, it appears almost if the seating is all on one side. Ironton is the home team if I'm recalling correctly, finishing as the highest seed.

All things considered, I considered not going but now, we are pulling out at 1 pm tomorrow. I love watching my Tigers!

After the game last week, we walked into Coal Grove Giovanni's. Two men turned and seen by our Tiger apparel and started telling us they knew some people from Prep and they had been hoping so much to draw the Tigers. That they were fully expecting to embarrass Ironton this year, as they were humiliated last year. Now, whether they knew anyone or not, I cannot say. They may have been making that up but I'd say Prep would love to knock Ironton out.

Last year Prep won 13 games in a row, undefeated, taking down Wheelersburg (25-21) the week before facing Ironton. The Tigers defeated the Burg, 12-3 week one this year. Last year, Ironton beat Wheelersburg by 17-14. Ironton smacked Prep in the face last year, 34-0! You can maul over those numbers in your spare time, or...not, it's up to you.

Prep's Roster: https://www.maxpreps.com/oh/canal-winch ... ll/roster/
First, I highly doubt those guys in Coal Grove know anyone from Harvest Prep.

Second, Ironton should be the favorite in this one. They are more disciplined and more talented than Prep.

Ironton - 27
Prep - 13

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:48 pm

neutral field

Center Grove one of the best teams in Indiana right now Midland is not, they aren’t the best team in WV but are one of the better
Midland opens the playoffs tonight ranked #1

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Tri_State790 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:37 am
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:48 pm
neutral field

Midland opens the playoffs tonight ranked #1
It’s funny to see Center Grove talked about on here. When I lived in Indiana my kids went to CG for 3 years…

Center Grove is an REGULAR Indiana powerhouse in the biggest division they have. They have played in the last 4 state title games, winning the last 3 of them, with a 41-1 record only loss being to St Edward, OH(defending D1 champ and favorite to win it again) in the 1st game of the season this year. They’re a slight favorite to win their 4th 6A title in a row.

They’re a really good football team.

Pulling for Ironton against Prep here, but it is impressive to go over to CG and play “decent” CG did lead 36-12 late and HP tacked one on but they still played well.

All that said to say just don’t underestimate them Tigers. Good luck!

Return to “Football”