November 17, 2023 Harvest Prep 22 - 0 Wheelersburg

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Wheelersburg v Harvest Prep

Post by Raider6309 »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:52 pm I hope you're wrong. Not a great site for a game where Wheelersburg will be on the away side. Parking and getting away from the stadium was bad last night. One way in and out makes it take forever.
There are two entrances. Johnson and Elm street. Take the elm street entrance. I always use that one

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:58 pm That’s the official word on where game is. Stinks for sure. Waverly or Chillicothe seemed like a no brainer
Neither probably put in a bid or they would have got it

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Boo on this site!! Going to lose a lot of Burgs older fan base unless they can find a way there. I bet Burg won’t have half the crowd they had last night and prep will bring there 50 fans.

SMDH!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:39 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:58 pm That’s the official word on where game is. Stinks for sure. Waverly or Chillicothe seemed like a no brainer
Neither probably put in a bid or they would have got it
Probably would have been Waverly but the fiber lines going to the scoreboard were inadvertently cut (current construction project) and not repaired yet.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:16 am
Girevik wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:07 am Where’s that one guy that keeps bragging about Ironton winning regional titles compared to Burg winning the state championship? Someone might want to check on him. 😂
Burg has won the region 3 times in 25 + years
And the Midwest all stars haven't won a state title since 79 and 89. Molly whoppers.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

packers80 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:43 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:16 am
Girevik wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:07 am Where’s that one guy that keeps bragging about Ironton winning regional titles compared to Burg winning the state championship? Someone might want to check on him. 😂
Burg has won the region 3 times in 25 + years
And the Midwest all stars haven't won a state title since 79 and 89. Molly whoppers.
😝
Molly whoppers….!!!!

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Harvest Prep’s visiting side was full last night. Not sure if it was all HP fans but they had a lot of students. I also heard Athens put in to host and will be the site for next weeks game.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Burg 23
Prep 21

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I hope an outfit other than the one that did the Ironton game runs the streaming. To be 5 or 6 minutes behind the actual game clock was crazy bad!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

FIDO wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:13 pm I hope an outfit other than the one that did the Ironton game runs the streaming. To be 5 or 6 minutes behind the actual game clock was crazy bad!

Can't be as bad as the group doing the Burg last night. My brother said on every big play for Burg they blacked at the screen and he missed Creed's 83 yard run, which was a thing of beauty I might add and all of the other big plays Burg had.

That's about the most pathetic thing I've ever heard of.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:22 am
Raider6309 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:52 pm
coachK wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:27 pm

Logan would be better than Athens.
I don't think too many teams would want to host Burg and HP. Neither team brought many fans last year to NY. Basically comes down to who wants to host for no money
That’s because it was at NY that place is a terrible playoff location.

Even before the weather was known, which was horrible last year just about every older person I talked to said they weren't going because of the drive. Might be the same with this game.

Teays Valley could be an option as well.

Anyone know why Chillicothe didn't put in for it or did they even get offered?? Anyone know the AD at Chilli to ask him if they were willing to host. Saw the post from a Waverly fan and the issue they have with the scoreboard. That's too bad because it sounds like they would have hosted.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

My same keys for victory for burg will be the exact same that I had for ironton. Don’t give up the big play. If prep has to play multiple snaps on both sides of the ball, burg will win the region. Prep struggles to pass, kick, and punt. Make them have to use those and you can beat them.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:28 pm
FIDO wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:13 pm I hope an outfit other than the one that did the Ironton game runs the streaming. To be 5 or 6 minutes behind the actual game clock was crazy bad!

Can't be as bad as the group doing the Burg last night. My brother said on every big play for Burg they blacked at the screen and he missed Creed's 83 yard run, which was a thing of beauty I might add and all of the other big plays Burg had.

It went black every single time the camera panned right. It sucked!!

Unlike the Ironton game, at least I didn't have to pay for poor streaming
Last edited by FIDO on Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Struggles is being very generous. Their kicking game is atrocious for a regional contender. Corral the run game and Burg advances.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Ironton blocked an XP before it was kicked.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

FIDO wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:36 pm

It went black every single time the camera panned right. It sucked!!

That's what I heard but he said it never happened to Barnesville. Odd to say the least.

If you can find Creed's run somewhere it was pretty incredible. He got bottled up in the backfield, spun out a tackle and took it up the middle and then cut it to the Burg's sideline and just flat outran a defender who had the angle on him. Creed just beat him to the spot and kicked it in!!

He was a beast last night and needs to be a beast this week. If Burg tries to run the wildcat and not run Creed, they will lose. they need to leave Rucker in there to keep them honest as they do still have two very good receivers in Lattimore and Evans. Can't believe how big Evans has gotten over the season and still has speed. That slant pass he caught and turned into a big gain, which was called back on a bullshit OL downfield on a 2 yard slant, was very nice.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:41 pm Ironton blocked an XP before it was kicked.
“Ironton blocked an XP before it was kicked?” LOL!

So basically they tackled the holder while he still had the ball? Trying to picture this.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Yall have been saying it all year, run the darn ball, or take the decision making out of the qb hands. 2 horribly called pass plays that cost about 10 points. Can't have that from this point forward.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:46 pm
TigerBob wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:41 pm Ironton blocked an XP before it was kicked.
“Ironton blocked an XP before it was kicked?” LOL!

So basically they tackled the holder while he still had the ball? Trying to picture this.
Exactly what happened lol

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I think their cords were trash. Every time the camera panned to the 40 it cut out. Not just for Burg. I suspect trash equipment.

Return to “Football”