Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg v Harvest Prep

Post by Sonny Weaver »

forecast calling for rain all day :roll:

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Would like to see burg win but it will be tough. I guess it doesn't really matter because from what i read the winner of 19 will play the winner of 17 vs 18 and that will likely be a major blowout.

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

Yawl are truly a funny group to say the least! I’m a Prep supporter and we respect both IHS and Burg. I’m not sure where the cocky narrative started. We have nothing but respect for you all down in SEO! It’s been that way since 2021 when Burg beat IHS in the regional semis and Ty Perkins amd a group of IHS players were on our side in the stands cheering for us to beat Burg in the regional championship game. They celebrated with us and it was kinda an olive branch and we wished them nothing but the best after they beat the brakes off of us last year. While our school doesn’t have a whole city or town that backs us the fans that travel and show us support are phenomenal! Prep coaches don’t get a lot of credit but in just about every meeting after halftime Burg is shut out in the 2nd half and I believe that will once again be the case again this week.

Prep 34
Burg 7

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:43 pm Yawl are truly a funny group to say the least! I’m a Prep supporter and we respect both IHS and Burg. I’m not sure where the cocky narrative started. We have nothing but respect for you all down in SEO! It’s been that way since 2021 when Burg beat IHS in the regional semis and Ty Perkins amd a group of IHS players were on our side in the stands cheering for us to beat Burg in the regional championship game. They celebrated with us and it was kinda an olive branch and we wished them nothing but the best after they beat the brakes off of us last year. While our school doesn’t have a whole city or town that backs us the fans that travel and show us support are phenomenal! Prep coaches don’t get a lot of credit but in just about every meeting after halftime Burg is shut out in the 2nd half and I believe that will once again be the case again this week.

Prep 34
Burg 7
Man If you had any idea how toxic seo is it would be easier to understand. I agree with you. It has to seem odd on the outside observing it.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Wheelersburg is 1 - 8 vs Ironton Jackson and Prep the last 2 seasons. And 1 - 1 vs West.

Prep wins Friday.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Pinwheel wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:24 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:56 pm Man, the Ironton trolls have came out in full force. I don't think I've ever seen anyone from Prep even on here.

Burg will compete in this game and if they can keep from giving up the big play like they did in the first meeting, they can win this!! Burg was able to run up the middle on Prep and look for a lot more of that. Burg needs to have long drives that ends in TD's. Keep Prepe offense on the sideline and they have a chance. Burg had the lead at half the last two years in the playoffs and didn't make good adjustments in the 2nd half. Look for a different Burg team this year.

And here's bugle boy spewing poop again he knows nothing about,it will be your clown 🤡 ass disappearing from preps and preps beats ya,all down like a drum 🥁🥁 something you do know something about 😆😂

bugle boy???? Neever heard that one. Usually get called Fred Flintstone or Barney Rubble ( let me tell you, that Barney Rubble was some actor).
Nah, will still be here if Burg loses. You can guarantee that.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:43 pm Yawl are truly a funny group to say the least! I’m a Prep supporter and we respect both IHS and Burg. I’m not sure where the cocky narrative started. We have nothing but respect for you all down in SEO! It’s been that way since 2021 when Burg beat IHS in the regional semis and Ty Perkins amd a group of IHS players were on our side in the stands cheering for us to beat Burg in the regional championship game. They celebrated with us and it was kinda an olive branch and we wished them nothing but the best after they beat the brakes off of us last year. While our school doesn’t have a whole city or town that backs us the fans that travel and show us support are phenomenal! Prep coaches don’t get a lot of credit but in just about every meeting after halftime Burg is shut out in the 2nd half and I believe that will once again be the case again this week.

Prep 34
Burg 7

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :o :o 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Prep 34
Burg 7
No way Burg scores 34 in the rain

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Prep 34
Burg 7
Hopefully it’s understood that most posters on the internet are not a good representation of the majority of a teams hometown 😂 The people I talk to in the community and around the team feel the same as far as respect for the Prep program. We recognize and embrace the challenge and most will root for whomever wins this game to go win it all.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

522Pirate wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:30 pm

Prep 34
Burg 7
Hopefully it’s understood that most posters on the internet are not a good representation of the majority of a teams hometown 😂 The people I talk to in the community and around the team feel the same as far as respect for the Prep program. We recognize and embrace the challenge and most will root for whomever wins this game to go win it all.
So, what you’re essentially saying is you’re skeert of Prep and you don’t want them thinking Burg thinks they can beat them. Got ya.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:18 pm
522Pirate wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:30 pm

Prep 34
Burg 7
So, what you’re essentially saying is you’re skeert of Prep and you don’t want them thinking Burg thinks they can beat them. Got ya.
I fear GOD, homie

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Bad news for you. Ironton sent him an open enrollment form.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Athens wasn't bad last week. Not at all. Thought they done a good job. Aside from the drive, I was A-OK with it. Home seating was more than enough, visiting side, not so much. Burg will probably sit on Prep's side though, nothing to stop them.

I didn't see any obnoxious or rude behavior from HP or their fans. They celebrated pretty loud after they won by you can't fault them for that.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Wheelersburg can win this game but that will totally depend on Harvest Preps attitude towards tonight's game. Harvest Prep will determine who wins the game. If Harvest Prep brings their best game and Wheelersburg brings their best game then Harvest Prep wins 9 out of 10 times. (In my opinion) The one time will be if injuries occur during the game. I don't say that lightly because most of the time I have watched Wheelersburg games they determine the outcome of games and not the other team.

But after watching both teams (online), Wheelersburg will have to do a lot of risky things on the defense to try and stop HP. If HP brings their best game and doesn't try to get too fancy with pulling linemen (because Burg will stunt and blitz alot) and crazy plays then they will be able to score. In my opinion if Wheelersburg don't try some of those thing on the defensive side then Harvest Prep is disciplined enough to march the field. Those risky schemes can lead to negative plays or big plays for the other team. My point is if HP plays well then the athletes will take over and win the game. If they don't play well then Wheelersburg will have a chance to win.

On the defensive side of the ball for HP, I think they have enough speed to limit the big plays from Wheelersburg. But again if HP doesn't have the right frame of mind or are out of position/have penalties/etc. then of course Wheelersburg will score and have a chance to win.

My point is if both teams are in position, play with an attitude, eliminate penalties and turnovers, etc. then Harvest Prep wins 9 out of 10 times. So that is why I said Harvest Preps determines the outcome of the game. Their mindset and play on the field determine the outcome. I think Wheelersburg is limited to playing their best and hoping Harvest Prep doesn't play well but of course that is just my opinion.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:52 am Wheelersburg can win this game but that will totally depend on Harvest Preps attitude towards tonight's game. Harvest Prep will determine who wins the game. If Harvest Prep brings their best game and Wheelersburg brings their best game then Harvest Prep wins 9 out of 10 times. (In my opinion) The one time will be if injuries occur during the game. I don't say that lightly because most of the time I have watched Wheelersburg games they determine the outcome of games and not the other team.

But after watching both teams (online), Wheelersburg will have to do a lot of risky things on the defense to try and stop HP. If HP brings their best game and doesn't try to get too fancy with pulling linemen (because Burg will stunt and blitz alot) and crazy plays then they will be able to score. In my opinion if Wheelersburg don't try some of those thing on the defensive side then Harvest Prep is disciplined enough to march the field. Those risky schemes can lead to negative plays or big plays for the other team. My point is if HP plays well then the athletes will take over and win the game. If they don't play well then Wheelersburg will have a chance to win.

On the defensive side of the ball for HP, I think they have enough speed to limit the big plays from Wheelersburg. But again if HP doesn't have the right frame of mind or are out of position/have penalties/etc. then of course Wheelersburg will score and have a chance to win.

My point is if both teams are in position, play with an attitude, eliminate penalties and turnovers, etc. then Harvest Prep wins 9 out of 10 times. So that is why I said Harvest Preps determines the outcome of the game. Their mindset and play on the field determine the outcome. I think Wheelersburg is limited to playing their best and hoping Harvest Prep doesn't play well but of course that is just my opinion.
Well said and spot on.

Burg definitely needs to play a near perfect game and hope HP makes some critical mistakes.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

As long as Burg is successful moving the ball, they are a tough out. Starting in the second half of the prep game, burg has outscored their opponents 234 to 33 (one score came from a pick-six, so the defense only has given up 26 points.)

The secret to Burg's success tonight is this:

1. No turnovers or win the turnover battle. Burg gave 3 of them away inside prep's 30 in the first half. Credit prep for making those happen, so Burg has to value the ball.
2. Don't give up the big play. Easier said than done on this one. It's what prep is good at, breaking one tackle and going. Burg is aggressive defensively. Wonder if they will keep their safeties back a little deeper this week.
3. Make Prep Drive the field. Goes along with number 2. I don't think Prep wants to drive the field. They can be prone to mistakes too.
4. Take advantage of the special teams and field advantage, Burg should have really good field position offensively all night. Need to try to capitalize on that.

Hoping for rain free and injury-free game.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

First to 20 wins

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:31 am As long as Burg is successful moving the ball, they are a tough out. Starting in the second half of the prep game, burg has outscored their opponents 234 to 33 (one score came from a pick-six, so the defense only has given up 26 points.)

The secret to Burg's success tonight is this:

1. No turnovers or win the turnover battle. Burg gave 3 of them away inside prep's 30 in the first half. Credit prep for making those happen, so Burg has to value the ball.
2. Don't give up the big play. Easier said than done on this one. It's what prep is good at, breaking one tackle and going. Burg is aggressive defensively. Wonder if they will keep their safeties back a little deeper this week.
3. Make Prep Drive the field. Goes along with number 2. I don't think Prep wants to drive the field. They can be prone to mistakes too.
4. Take advantage of the special teams and field advantage, Burg should have really good field position offensively all night. Need to try to capitalize on that.

Hoping for rain free and injury-free game.
100% chance of rain in Athens

PointerHornet89
Waterboy

Post by PointerHornet89 »

Good luck tonight Pirates. Bring home the victory

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Even though Prep is the higher ranked team going into tonight, I think the pressure is on Burg.

In Burgs last two seasons:

0 - 2 vs Ironton
0 - 2 vs Jackson
0 - 3 vs Prep
1 - 1 vs West

Wheelersburg hasn't been able to beat the best competition in their region for some time now. The challenge to prove they can now is huge. Another loss to Prep and the narrative that wheelersburg is taken a step beck is hard to argue. Not to mention that in 25+ years burg has ONLY been able to win the region 3 times.

Return to “Football”