Thoughts? Can Burg pull off the upset?

We need to rally around Burg and Eastern

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Wheelersburg v Harvest Prep

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Prep did not look good tonight but ironton looked worse. I really believe wheelersburg can win. Hopefully game is at waverly.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Burg 24
Prep 14

Prep’s coaching is atrocious, Ironton’s was just worse tonight. Burg will have a distinct advantage in that department.

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:51 pm Prep did not look good tonight but ironton looked worse. I really believe wheelersburg can win. Hopefully game is at waverly.
I could see this one at Chillicothe.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I would say Chillicothe. At least Burg has seen them before and hopefully learned something from the last game. I would like to see the Burg win the region.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

The Nature Boy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:07 pm I would say Chillicothe. At least Burg has seen them before and hopefully learned something from the last game. I would like to see the Burg win the region.
This game will be in Athens (they need money for new band uniforms) :roll:

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

d-5 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:23 pm
The Nature Boy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:07 pm I would say Chillicothe. At least Burg has seen them before and hopefully learned something from the last game. I would like to see the Burg win the region.
Logan would be better than Athens.

TheLurker
Waterboy

Post by TheLurker »

GoBigI wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:55 pm Burg 24
Prep 14

Prep’s coaching is atrocious, Ironton’s was just worse tonight. Burg will have a distinct advantage in that department.
How did that first game go earlier this year? Do you think they are better or worse or the same now?

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

mattash wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:39 pm Thoughts? Can Burg pull off the upset?

Sort of hard to pull the upset when you are favored. How on Earth did Prep beat them so bad the first time?

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

I think Harvest prep is the better team but Ironton knocked out Harvest Preps QB #5 in the 2nd half tonight and that will be interesting to see if he will play.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

coachK wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:27 pm
I don't think too many teams would want to host Burg and HP. Neither team brought many fans last year to NY. Basically comes down to who wants to host for no money

Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:33 pm
mattash wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:39 pm Thoughts? Can Burg pull off the upset?

Sort of hard to pull the upset when you are favored. How on Earth did Prep beat them so bad the first time?
Burg lost 2 fumbles inside HP 20 and finished the game at HP 1 and couldn’t get it in as time expired otherwise it would have been a one score game with a 2 point conversion. Burg had some success running right at them up the middle

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes05 »

I vote for game to be played at Ny
Lol
Not gonna happen. Guessing Jackson/athens

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

buckeyes05 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:56 pm I vote for game to be played at Ny
Lol
Not gonna happen. Guessing Jackson/athens
No way should it be at Athens with Prep just playing there tonight.

No rhyme or reason this game isn't played at Waverly, like 2-3 years ago or in Chillicothe. Logan and Nelsonville are both horrible venues as far as getting to them. Chilli is 55 minutes for Burg. 53 minutes for Prep.

Burg gave up two big runs to the Prep QB in the first meeting. Burg has been tough to run up the middle on in the playoffs. Burg will just need to smack them in the mouth on defense and feed the ball to Creed.He was phenomenal tonight.

Hopefully Prep comes in to this game thinking they have already beat Burg, this should be a cake walk. The will be pleasantly surprised how different of a team Burg is.

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes05 »

Oh i agree. But I’ve seen teams play same venue back to back weeks. Someone did at ny in the last 10 years or so.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Seems like a good time to remind everyone that Rob Woodward is 9-0 when playing a team the second time in the same season

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

They played in Waverly two years ago. Burg sat on the home side, prep had the visitors side. Ny is 51.4 miles away for Prep, 82 for Burg and it's out in the middle of BFE.

These two have met the last two years in the playoffs with Prep knocking the Burg out both years. Burg IMO should have won both games. Prep made adjustments in the 2nd half and the Burg didn't. Both games Burg had the lead at the half and then didn't score a point in the 2nd half. Need 4 full quarters out of Burg and they can pull this one out.

Prep will come in cocky and Burg needs to come in with a chip on their shoulders. They got ahold of some of the jugs Burg brings to the games last year and were shaking them in the lockerroom and making fun of Burg. That needs to be put on the chalkboard all week for the Burg players to see.

Good luck Pirates!!! Defense wins Championships and the defense has really stepped it up in the playoffs!!

Buck Nut
Freshman Team

Post by Buck Nut »

NY did not put in for a game last week, we are putting in a new track. So Burg fans that hate coming to NY shouldn’t have any worry.

As for the game, Go Burg!

Go Bucks!!
tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

Could be a great game but like prep by a TD would like to see Burg win this coming from a Ironton fan. Ill say 21-14 prep

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:52 pm
coachK wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:27 pm

I don't think too many teams would want to host Burg and HP. Neither team brought many fans last year to NY. Basically comes down to who wants to host for no money
I don’t think our fans like the drive to NY. Nothing against them as hosts because they are very good to us, the location is just not a favorite of our fans and we travel well to support our teams.

Return to “Football”