2024 Ironton Fighting Tigers

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Re: 2024 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by MrPerfect »

So what does the schedule look like next year? Scrimmages included?

WWE HALL OF FAME
MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Anyone know?

WWE HALL OF FAME
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

MrPerfect wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:30 pm Anyone know?
There’s a lot of guessing, but it’s not out yet, that I’m aware of.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Ty Perkins entering the transfer portal. Another Tiger not making it at the D1 level. There's nothing wrong with D2 football. To the Ironton machine: stop hyping these kids up so they don't feel let down when they don't succeed at the D1 level. Selling false hope.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Yup, transfers never happen in college football and all the kids who do are big failures. You are a smart person.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I have nothing but respect for the job Coach Pendleton and his staff have done at Ironton. They are willing to do the things that other southern Ohio coaches and schools are not interested in doing. They promote their program, their school and their kids like no other coach does. Let's be perfectly clear, every other coach could do the same thing but they are not interested in doing it. OK - So be it! And to be honest if those other coaches' schools and communities are fine with it that way than everybody else should be fine with it as well. The only people that are critizing how Ironton is running their program are the ones that are jealous. As long as the other school's leaders and community are fine with the way their coach is running their program than everybody else should be too.

I don't blame any parent who has a son that dreams of playing at the next level for tranferring into the Ironton School District. The parents and players know they are going to get opportunities at Ironton that other places are not going to provide. It is just the way it is. Kudos to Coach Pendleton and his staff. As far as misleading kids that is bull. If a young man gets the chance to play Division-I football and he finds out his role in the program is not something he wants to do - there is no shame in transferring to a school where he can fill a different role.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:06 pm I have nothing but respect for the job Coach Pendleton and his staff have done at Ironton. They are willing to do the things that other southern Ohio coaches and schools are not interested in doing. They promote their program, their school and their kids like no other coach does. Let's be perfectly clear, every other coach could do the same thing but they are not interested in doing it. OK - So be it! And to be honest if those other coaches' schools and communities are fine with it that way than everybody else should be fine with it as well. The only people that are critizing how Ironton is running their program are the ones that are jealous. As long as the other school's leaders and community are fine with the way their coach is running their program than everybody else should be too.

I don't blame any parent who has a son that dreams of playing at the next level for tranferring into the Ironton School District. The parents and players know they are going to get opportunities at Ironton that other places are not going to provide. It is just the way it is. Kudos to Coach Pendleton and his staff. As far as misleading kids that is bull. If a young man gets the chance to play Division-I football and he finds out his role in the program is not something he wants to do - there is no shame in transferring to a school where he can fill a different role.
Your right, no school recruits like ironton

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:06 pm I have nothing but respect for the job Coach Pendleton and his staff have done at Ironton. They are willing to do the things that other southern Ohio coaches and schools are not interested in doing. They promote their program, their school and their kids like no other coach does. Let's be perfectly clear, every other coach could do the same thing but they are not interested in doing it. OK - So be it! And to be honest if those other coaches' schools and communities are fine with it that way than everybody else should be fine with it as well. The only people that are critizing how Ironton is running their program are the ones that are jealous. As long as the other school's leaders and community are fine with the way their coach is running their program than everybody else should be too.

That’s not true. I see coal grove, south point, and burg all recently promote their kids being recruited and/or in college on social media.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Ftr:

Love the promo. Kids DESERVE their staff WORK for them.

Love THE TRANSFERS/RECRUITS = Welcome to 2023.

Love the ambition. 1000% in favor.

My critique is in game. And otherwise 100% football critiques. Ironton works very hard for their kids. No question. But this staff has been gifted the talent and support for success. It's time to step it up and get over that ceiling they can't seem to break. There's no excuse.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

fbnut wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:18 pm

Not yet but they will. Have to. Lol

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:36 pm

Harvest Prep 4 - 0 vs Homegrown Burg ring a bell? 😆

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:37 pm

It shows you how jealous fbnut is. LMAO!!!! The effort of the Ironton staff speaks for itself. Kids want to play for coaches that believe in them and will provide them with opportunities. The program recruits itself just like the Wheelersburg football program use to.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:56 pm

It shows you how jealous fbnut is. LMAO!!!! The effort of the Ironton staff speaks for itself. Kids want to play for coaches that believe in them and will provide them with opportunities. The program recruits itself just like the Wheelersburg football program use to.
Wheelersburg has never had the influx of transfers like Ironton. Ever.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Burg can boast about being "homegrown" while they lose to Ironton and Prep every season OR they can acclimate. That's life.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:36 pm

Maybe not. Burg football has never been a seo destination program like Ironton past or present either. For context.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:36 pm

Lutz had tons of transfers also. Ask Huntington. Lol Pendleton isn't doing anything new.

Burg is gonna have to acclimate. 1991 isn't walking through that door.

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

Massillon finally won a championship on the field, thanks in large part to Owen’s and Pringle who both transferred in from Copley. Teams like TCC, Hoban, St. Eds, Massillon, Lasalle, Moeller live on transfers. Liberty Center has a high CB number for a smallish public school. Preps entire football culture is centered on transfers. That’s the nature of the game now. Ironton needs to score 2 or 3 athletic down lineman on both sides of the ball to go with the skill position players. If they don’t I don’t see them winning a state championship in the foreseeable future. If they do and can cut down on mistakes they have a shot. I read somewhere that Perry and Liberty Center both return lots of kids next year. It won’t get any easier.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Outoftowner wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:22 pm Massillon finally won a championship on the field, thanks in large part to Owen’s and Pringle who both transferred in from Copley. Teams like TCC, Hoban, St. Eds, Massillon, Lasalle, Moeller live on transfers. Liberty Center has a high CB number for a smallish public school. Preps entire football culture is centered on transfers. That’s the nature of the game now. Ironton needs to score 2 or 3 athletic down lineman on both sides of the ball to go with the skill position players. If they don’t I don’t see them winning a state championship in the foreseeable future. If they do and can cut down on mistakes they have a shot. I read somewhere that Perry and Liberty Center both return lots of kids next year. It won’t get any easier.
They already have talent up front. They need more discipline in their technique and the overall culture has to improve to win titles. As long as teams like Ironton and Burg have "at least we made the playoffs look how many didnt" adults, that's gonna be a tough task.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Outoftowner wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:22 pm Massillon finally won a championship on the field, thanks in large part to Owen’s and Pringle who both transferred in from Copley. Teams like TCC, Hoban, St. Eds, Massillon, Lasalle, Moeller live on transfers. Liberty Center has a high CB number for a smallish public school. Preps entire football culture is centered on transfers. That’s the nature of the game now. Ironton needs to score 2 or 3 athletic down lineman on both sides of the ball to go with the skill position players. If they don’t I don’t see them winning a state championship in the foreseeable future. If they do and can cut down on mistakes they have a shot. I read somewhere that Perry and Liberty Center both return lots of kids next year. It won’t get any easier.

"Homegrown Burg" fans are gonna take this hard. Lol.

So what do they want?

Homegrown & 0 - 4 vs Prep or.....gasp...."recruits?"

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:05 pm
They already have talent up front. They need more discipline in their technique and the overall culture has to improve to win titles. As long as teams like Ironton and Burg have "at least we made the playoffs look how many didnt" adults, that's gonna be a tough task.
They have size upfront. I have no idea how talented they are. Hopefully the kids they have have the ability to move their feet and get some decent coaching.

Return to “Football”