Football Stats - Max Preps - Ironton In Mind

kantucky
Varsity

Football Stats - Max Preps - Ironton In Mind

Post by kantucky »

I had no idea that Max Preps not only kept game stats but season stats as well. Even down to pancake blocks. Going through individual stats several jumped off the page at me, no where more than when I looked at tackles! We always hear about players like Terry or Williams but these guys? unless you're paying special attention, it'll get right past you.

I seen that (before last night's game which isn't listed yet) Austin Bump led Ironton with 106! and Ben Slone, a kid that didn't even get to play that much, some games only a down or two aside from special teams, had the second most with 59.

Bump and Slone alone accounted for 21% of all the tackles (799) the Tigers had this year! that's crazy

Players with over 50 tackles were; Bump 106, Slone 59, Aiden Layne 56, Josh Johnson 54 and finally, Braylon Sturgill with 52. (41% of the 799

Anyway, I wonder how many fans are aware of these in debt stats kept for each team. That's very special

Then, you can check out your players, how they rank nationally as well. Ironton's Shaun Terry leads the nation in avg punt return yards. That's the nation. Brayden Schreck ranks 17th in the state in punt avg

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Lookiehere
Waterboy

Re: Football Stats - Max Preps - Ironton In Mind

Post by Lookiehere »

kantucky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:55 pm I had no idea that Max Preps not only kept game stats but season stats as well. Even down to pancake blocks. Going through individual stats several jumped off the page at me, no where more than when I looked at tackles! We always hear about players like Terry or Williams but these guys? unless you're paying special attention, it'll get right past you.

I seen that (before last night's game which isn't listed yet) Austin Bump led Ironton with 106! and Ben Slone, a kid that didn't even get to play that much, some games only a down or two aside from special teams, had the second most with 59.

Bump and Slone alone accounted for 21% of all the tackles (799) the Tigers had this year! that's crazy

Players with over 50 tackles were; Bump 106, Slone 59, Aiden Layne 56, Josh Johnson 54 and finally, Braylon Sturgill with 52. (41% of the 799

Anyway, I wonder how many fans are aware of these in debt stats kept for each team. That's very special

Then, you can check out your players, how they rank nationally as well. Ironton's Shaun Terry leads the nation in avg punt return yards. That's the nation. Brayden Schreck ranks 17th in the state in punt avg
If these numbers are accurate then why did 2 of the top leaders in tacklers not play against harvest prep. They possibly could’ve slowed down their run game if these statistics are true.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Lookiehere wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:23 am
kantucky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:55 pm I had no idea that Max Preps not only kept game stats but season stats as well. Even down to pancake blocks. Going through individual stats several jumped off the page at me, no where more than when I looked at tackles! We always hear about players like Terry or Williams but these guys? unless you're paying special attention, it'll get right past you.

If these numbers are accurate then why did 2 of the top leaders in tacklers not play against harvest prep. They possibly could’ve slowed down their run game if these statistics are true.
Max Preps data isn't accurate or up to date

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Well, as I pointed out that didn’t include this weeks game. I’m fairly sure they’re as accurate and or exceed other sources. Sure can’t count on the newspapers

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:40 pm Well, as I pointed out that didn’t include this weeks game. I’m fairly sure they’re as accurate and or exceed other sources. Sure can’t count on the newspapers
Alot of schools don't add their stats on MaxPreps.
Kudos to the ones that do.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Ironton needs to hit the recruiting trail a lot harder this offseason if they expect to overcome their poor coaching and beat the good teams. How did they ever let that huge lineman at Beaver Eastern slip through the cracks? He could have helped them. There are a few other linemen in the area and a QB or three that can throw the ball. Maybe recruit an OC and DC and they might just win the region next year. Then they just have to hope the beast of the MAC nor Kirtland end up in D5 and they might not get curb stomped in the finals again if they make it there. :mrgreen:

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:40 pm Well, as I pointed out that didn’t include this weeks game. I’m fairly sure they’re as accurate and or exceed other sources. Sure can’t count on the newspapers
Max preps doesn't get the stats someone from their team or a fan or coach or whoever reports those stats into may preps so max preps gets those stats from an outside source take for instance you probably won't find any of Burgs stats on that site because no one from burgs coaching staff reports them

Burg grad 85
KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

Which newspapers? Curious on what you are saying on this one. Would like a deeper explanation since you are painting a broad brush.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

KCol wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:42 pm
Which newspapers? Curious on what you are saying on this one. Would like a deeper explanation since you are painting a broad brush.
Which paper do you work for? I think that’s the one he’s referring to.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:46 pm
KCol wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:42 pm
Which paper do you work for? I think that’s the one he’s referring to.
Good one. I work for The Scioto Voice.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

The defense was solid all year, even against some pretty talented teams.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

FIDO wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:15 pm The defense was solid all year, even against some pretty talented teams.
Yes. The problem Irontons defense ran into was when they started to lose at the line of scrimmage the defense would get stranded on the field too long and the offense couldn't stay on the field because they couldn't sustain drives. Against the good teams it was mostly either big plays, a turnover on downs or a punt.

Matter of fact, Ironton notoriously fizzles in the exact same manner in the state games vs Kirtland and South Range. The exact same reasons. The offense fizzles because they get beat up front.

This time vs prep they got out athleted. Ironton got beat the same way they beat ovc teams. Prep was just faster and stronger per man at every position. They beat Ironton to the spot all night. All night.

Vs Kirtland and South Range Ironton had the advantage at the skills but both whipped Ironton at the Los. Just dominated them with better discipline and technique.

Ironton is independent now. The ovc is a memory. Going to have to improve if they intend to grow into their new found freedom.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

A stronger schedule will only make them better even if they lose 3 or 4 games. Their league play did little to prepare them for the intensity and focus required in the big games. They go on cruise control after playing their first 4 games and I think it hurts them come playoff time

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:49 pm
Yes! Ironton has a guy who takes care of all the stats. They’re pretty darned accurate. Don’t know about everyone else’s

Also, it’s not like Prep embarrassed the Tigers. 20-16 ain’t a bear down but whoever Ironton loses to, No matter how deep they are in the playoff run they are mocked.

A LOT of local schools have never made it to that round before

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

kantucky wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:48 pm
Yes! Ironton has a guy who takes care of all the stats. They’re pretty darned accurate. Don’t know about everyone else’s

Also, it’s not like Prep embarrassed the Tigers. 20-16 ain’t a bear down but whoever Ironton loses to, No matter how deep they are in the playoff run they are mocked.

Never said anything about HP and Ironton.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

My daughter is in med school. I asked her if she failed a class and just said "well other people have failed also" how would that line of thinking serve her in her journey? She said that's the attitude of someone who always falls short of their stated goals.

That's why seo struggles. You are fine with falling short because others have too. Ready to get in line happily with the also rans. The southeastohio mantra. 🤣

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

DO what you want. As for me, I'm going to go and watch my Tiger's play a game and 'Be Happy'

When I worked at the refinery, one time a man from Ironton told me, 'Why, with all the talent Bob Lutz has, he oughta win it all every year'

I elected to not engage him in discussion but left stunned to this day he really believed that

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:27 pm

Never meant to imply that you did. I was just answering more than one person at a time. After I commented to you, I went on to another subject but in the same post

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

[*]
[/url][/i][/b]
kantucky wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:00 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:27 pm

Never meant to imply that you did. I was just answering more than one person at a time. After I commented to you, I went on to another subject but in the same post
👍

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Maxpreps is awesome. You can look up videos from prior seasons & get a ton of info on the official rosteromce tgey have it!

Return to “Football”