Burg fans called Ironton cheaters all season. Go Prep!!

hoot
Varsity

Re: Burg fans called Ironton cheaters all season. Go Prep!!

Post by hoot »

Harvest Prep has more recruits / transfers than Ironton and Burg combined is that’s your guide to who you’re rooting for ..

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

hoot wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:14 pm Harvest Prep has more recruits / transfers than Ironton and Burg combined is that’s your guide to who you’re rooting for ..
Those Prep kids are from Ohio also. What's the difference?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:05 pm Click the username. Click add foe. Block all those posts. You won’t read a thing. Much better experience.
Thanks for info.

Will be busy doing so for about an hour!!!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:38 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:15 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:40 am

Once again, you being a dumbass you have no clue about anything. Lattimore was kicked off Portsmouth last year and when the coaches went to reinstate him, they left it up to the players and they voted to not bring him back.

Pendleton called Devon's Mom asking her if he wanted to come and play at Ironton and she said no and then she got ahold of Coach Woodward at Burg and ask if he would take him in. Coach said yes and the kid has been a great player and far as I can tell, a great teammate this year. Pretty sure Burg is still playing in this game Friday without Lattimore on the team.

I guess my take and your take on recruiting are totally different. I don't understand why you Ironton posters can't live with the fact that your coach is blatantly out recruiting kids because he knows he can't compete with what he has. He freaking called the TE for Burg last year, Caleb Arthur THREE DAYS before the Burg-Ironton game and asked him to come play for him.
You are 100% correct.

Why is this still being debated? It’s common knowledge that Pendleton contacts kids from other schools.
All I have seen on this site is heresy. He said, she said. But no evidence. No names being put on any evidence. Just small hick town innuendo. Until I see evidence it's hypocrisy.

And Lattimore was recruited
Need names? We are giving you names. Giving details. Do you need the actual phone call?

Lattimore was recruited by Ironton but not Burg. Burg coaches never contacted him. Instead his mom contacted them.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I know of 7 kids that transferred from Ironton to The Burg. 3 in football, 1 in basketball. 1 in softball, 1 in baseball and 1 in soccer. Were they recruited, I don't think so. Good programs get kids who want to play for good programs. Only haters call them recruits. Will I post their names, no but if you are a true Burg fan you know who they are.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RiverRatRay wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:33 am I know of 7 kids that transferred from Ironton to The Burg. 3 in football, 1 in basketball. 1 in softball, 1 in baseball and 1 in soccer. Were they recruited, I don't think so. Good programs get kids who want to play for good programs. Only haters call them recruits. Will I post their names, no but if you are a true Burg fan you know who they are.
Just own it, Ironton wins because they recruit. I wouldn’t call it recruiting if they weren’t being contacted by Ironton coaches

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RiverRatRay wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:33 am I know of 7 kids that transferred from Ironton to The Burg. 3 in football, 1 in basketball. 1 in softball, 1 in baseball and 1 in soccer. Were they recruited, I don't think so. Good programs get kids who want to play for good programs. Only haters call them recruits. Will I post their names, no but if you are a true Burg fan you know who they are.
So when we add the portsmouth recruit to the list that's what like 8 athletic recruits for Burg minimum and likely more?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Over how many years and did these players make an immediate impact, especially in football because I can only recall one coming from Ironton that actually played for Burg. Would Burg still been okay had those kids not came to Burg?

Take away all the players Ironton has brought in since Pendleton came there and they are middle of the pack every year. When you are bringing in 4-5 IMPACT players a year, it will make a difference!!

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:07 pm
Still recruits. If they didn't make an impact it's a poor recruiting job. But according to the burg fan base regarding anyone but them, they are recruits nonetheless. Your fan base invented the narrative on seops. Now ya gotta stand on it.

Over how many years and did these players make an immediate impact, especially in football because I can only recall one coming from Ironton that actually played for Burg. Would Burg still been okay had those kids not came to Burg?

Take away all the players Ironton has brought in since Pendleton came there and they are middle of the pack every year. When you are bringing in 4-5 IMPACT players a year, it will make a difference!!

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Good Luck Burg!

Represent Southern Ohio and be proud that you are still playing while many others are sitting at home.

Return to “Football”