Spartan Stadium

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Spartan Stadium

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Shawnee State is very close to acquiring Spartan Stadium, Branch Rickey Park & the surrounding land. The city doesn’t want to maintain or put resources into this area. The university has a plan to renovate some things and make an athletic complex, that includes a new softball stadium. The current plan would be for Spartan Stadium to host some soccer matches, track & field events, as well as stage performances. SSU will not be pursuing a football team even with acquiring the stadium. So my question is where does ND play their home games once this happens?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Spartan Stadium

Post by BigBlueNation »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:23 pm Shawnee State is very close to acquiring Spartan Stadium, Branch Rickey Park & the surrounding land. The city doesn’t want to maintain or put resources into this area. The university has a plan to renovate some things and make an athletic complex, that includes a new softball stadium. The current plan would be for Spartan Stadium to host some soccer matches, track & field events, as well as stage performances. SSU will not be pursuing a football team even with acquiring the stadium. So my question is where does ND play their home games once this happens?
I've been told that football could be in the near future.
But seeing is believing.
Last edited by BigBlueNation on Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:06 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:23 pm Shawnee State is very close to acquiring Spartan Stadium, Branch Rickey Park & the surrounding land. The city doesn’t want to maintain or put resources into this area. The university has a plan to renovate some things and make an athletic complex, that includes a new softball stadium. The current plan would be for Spartan Stadium to host some soccer matches, track & field events, as well as stage performances. SSU will not be pursuing a football team even with acquiring the stadium. So my question is where does ND play their home games once this happens?
I'But seeing is believing.
Would be pretty cool. If they just recruited local though. Only way they get fan support I think.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

mattash wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:17 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:06 pm
I'But seeing is believing.
Would be pretty cool. If they just recruited local though. Only way they get fan support I think.
They could hire the Ironton coaches. They do a pretty good job recruiting locally. Lol. Sorry just couldn't help myself on that one.

sgtwilliamjames
Riding the Bench

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

ND is planning on building a new facility so as not be lower-tier in facilities to green

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Maybe they can play at the new Portsmouth Stadium.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

sgtwilliamjames wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:10 pm ND is planning on building a new facility so as not be lower-tier in facilities to green
Where? There’s no space behind their school with having the softball & baseball fields.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

There is space availability but not if you are just looking at what is there now. Excavation from the hills --- fill space behind the current baseball field.
Not sure this is the plan but in the letter/document from the Diocese related to parish direction new schools were mentioned. I have been told athletic field could be a later phase of the construction.

Return to “Football”