Hosting Schools - Rate 'Em!

kantucky
Varsity

Hosting Schools - Rate 'Em!

Post by kantucky »

Ironton played last week at Athens, true to any Ironton fans nature, at first I wasn't happy about it LOL However, I have to say, it wasn't a bad experience at all. The seating was decent, the field was well lit and the restrooms were clean. I wasn't crazy about the drive but I'll be more than willing to drive a bit farther to have a good place to watch a game.

Two schools that have hosted us a lot is Portsmouth and Jackson. Aside from parking, Portsmouth has been great. Lots of seats and a nice looking stadium. Jackson, is a bit generic looking or rather, lacking character but my, it's nice! great parking, TONS of seats...friendly helpful people and that score board.

Nelsonville York also done Ironton right recently as well.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
RollCoal
JV Team

Re: Hosting Schools - Rate 'Em!

Post by RollCoal »

Here’s my picks.

1, Rock Hill. Plenty of seating on both sides, good food in the concessions, nice restrooms. Only negative is the parking situation. Lots of places but be prepared to walk uphill.

2.Portsmouth. Same as with Rock Hill, but parking is a bit better.

3. Lucasville Valley. Nice seating on the visitors side, great choices at the concession stands. Might be a small walk depending on where you’re able to park.
4.Jackson. Plenty of seats, nice folks. Usually run a shuttle bus from the parking lots to the gate.

I know this is a football topic. But another reason I put RH at the top is, they treat the bus drivers from the visiting schools with the utmost class and respect. Always welcoming, making sure you’re taken care of as far as food ( usually a free hot dog or slice of pizza, something to drink, chips etc.). No matter if it’s a Friday night game or their band competition.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Hosting Schools - Rate 'Em!

Post by greygoose »

Sorry but anytime the negatives start with parking it puts me out on schools. Lucasville Valley ample parking and great seating, Jackson has plenty of parking and the facilities are amazing and they always have more than enough ppl working ticketing and concessions to make things go smooth plus can't beat getting there early enough to have a back rest. Waverly another one with plenty of parking and it's extremely easy to get in and out of the area, also plenty of seating. Chillicothe isn't a bad one either no real complaints there outside of not enough help in the concession stands.

School I didn't like for hosting NY, just nothing good about it not enough help not enough seating or restrooms that's a no go for me. Teays Valley I've only been there once about 3-4 years ago or so but experience was terrible we got there early so getting in to park was easy for us but those coming in later was a major line, it had snowed couple days before and they never cleaned off the bleachers people were slipping and falling and that's when they tried putting salt down teams had to walk all the way across the parking lot to get to the field.

Return to “Football”