Portsmouth
Fairland
Gallia
The field

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Re: OVC 2024

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Geronimo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:49 pm You be must of grew up here, lol it's been there for a long time , seen most but now worse at times, use to be Not that bad, but there,O-Boy the skeleton that float around, remember one rattle there keys to warn, LOL
I'm still a young pup. 26, but I've been here most of my life, save for a few years in the great state of Michigan. I know how it goes around here. 7 or 8 last names run Gallipolis and you can see them lined up and down Second Ave.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

LOL quick learner

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I was once called Straightshooter just tell how it is lol didn't Go over well 👍😎

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Politics, always did wonder why put signs up in Gallia, the winner is in before poll doors open, on most lol it's funny just set back and watch, They don't like big wigs from Columbus in Town,the Villages gets bet out of Shape lol

tackle81
Waterboy

Post by tackle81 »

I can see Portsmouth taking the league this year, especially if they can establish a stronger passing game. Heiland is great, but they can’t be a one-faced offense. Gallia and Fairland both have chances, too, both teams know how to win.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Rock Hill Head Coach job is posted on OHSAA site

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

Week 7 Coal Grove is playing at Joan Edwards Stadium against Huntington St. Joe. I believe it’s October 4th

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

I will say Fairland will probably take the reigns.

Rock Hill will hopefully get some athletes out and compete again. I am hoping the new hire breathes life into the program. I just hope people let Love do his thing.

South Point, from my understanding, loses a lot from last season's team. I look for them to be at the bottom again.

Chesapeake will continue to be at the bottom.

Coal Grove has some young athletes but defense is always an issue with them. Unless the coaches fix that, they will continue to be in the middle. Personally, I like the wing t they run and offensively they are always fine.

Gallia and Portsmouth I have no idea about. They always seem to be in the top half. I know Gallia will have a new coach.

If I had to rank based on information I had:

1) Fairland
2) Portsmouth
3) Gallia
4) Rock Hill
5) Coal Grove
6) South Point
7) Chesapeake

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

OVC wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:07 pm I will say Fairland will probably take the reigns.

Rock Hill will hopefully get some athletes out and compete again. I am hoping the new hire breathes life into the program. I just hope people let Love do his thing.

South Point, from my understanding, loses a lot from last season's team. I look for them to be at the bottom again.

Coal Grove has some young athletes but defense is always an issue with them. Unless the coaches fix that, they will continue to be in the middle. Personally, I like the wing t they run and offensively they are always fine.

Gallia and Portsmouth I have no idea about. They always seem to be in the top half. I know Gallia will have a new coach.

1) Fairland
2) Portsmouth
3) Gallia
4) Rock Hill
5) Coal Grove
6) South Point
7) Chesapeake
Just curious, what makes you think Fairland takes it?

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Trojans will win the OVC IMO

WWE HALL OF FAME
OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:43 pm
OVC wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:07 pm I will say Fairland will probably take the reigns.

1) Fairland
2) Portsmouth
3) Gallia
4) Rock Hill
5) Coal Grove
6) South Point
7) Chesapeake
In my opinion, Fairland has been the most consistent over the years and has been the clear #2 team in the OVC the past few seasons. Their Jr. High has also been doing well in the past few years as well.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

OVC wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:15 am [quote=BuckeyeBlood post_id=2101595 time=<a href="tel:1708541025">1708541025</a> user_id=14346]
[quote=OVC post_id=2101337 time=<a href="tel:1708448849">1708448849</a> user_id=3747]

1) Fairland
2) Portsmouth
3) Gallia
4) Rock Hill
5) Coal Grove
6) South Point
7) Chesapeake
[/quote]

In my opinion, Fairland has been the most consistent over the years and has been the clear #2 team in the OVC the past few seasons. Their Jr. High has also been doing well in the past few years as well.
[/quote]

That’s fair, they’ve been pretty solid for a while. However they lost a few really important pieces. Jackson, Hunt, Collins, Dixon, lost a few more kids as well. I look at this with the fact that they barely beat Gallia at home, beat Portsmouth at home in the regular season but it wasn’t pretty, Portsmouth could’ve had that game, got beat by Portsmouth in the playoffs, Portsmouth returns a crap ton, and the game is in Portsmouth, also the Gallia game is at Gallia. I think Fairland could very well win it, but I’m saying Portsmouth myself, then Fairland, but possibly GA.

Ohio1979
Riding the Bench

Post by Ohio1979 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:47 am
OVC wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:15 am [quote=BuckeyeBlood post_id=2101595 time=<a href="tel:1708541025">1708541025</a> user_id=14346]
[quote=OVC post_id=2101337 time=<a href="tel:1708448849">1708448849</a> user_id=3747]

1) Fairland
2) Portsmouth
3) Gallia
4) Rock Hill
5) Coal Grove
6) South Point
7) Chesapeake
[/quote]

That’s fair, they’ve been pretty solid for a while. However they lost a few really important pieces. Jackson, Hunt, Collins, Dixon, lost a few more kids as well. I look at this with the fact that they barely beat Gallia at home, beat Portsmouth at home in the regular season but it wasn’t pretty, Portsmouth could’ve had that game, got beat by Portsmouth in the playoffs, Portsmouth returns a crap ton, and the game is in Portsmouth, also the Gallia game is at Gallia. I think Fairland could very well win it, but I’m saying Portsmouth myself, then Fairland, but possibly GA.
[/quote]

Gallia will be battling coal grove for 3rd place. That is their ceiling

WrestlingFootball
Riding the Bench

Post by WrestlingFootball »

Fairland
Portsmouth
Coal Grove
Rock Hill
Gallia Academy
Chesapeake