3%

Total votes: 65

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Re: TVC-Ohio 2024

Post by Old Shorts »

Dundas wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:02 pm
Old Shorts wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:09 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:01 pm NY should be in the hocking in every sport besides football. Same for Trimble. Their football programs are two of the best in seo. RV should move to the hocking in all sports. Add oak hill and Gallia to the Ohio and call it a day.
Man you’ll do anything to get RV out of the Ohio Division won’t you? What you should have done was get Combs to nut up and vote for expanding back when Warren and others wanted in. Then you wouldn’t have to worry about playing RV. But he knew he couldn’t dominate the league with the additions, especially Warren, so he wanted no part of that and he ruled VC while he was there so that was going to be a no vote every time. Yes I realize that VC people like to pretend it had to do with a 30+ year grudge, but it didn’t. It was because Combs didn’t want to have to beat Warren for a league title because he knew he couldn’t.
I think what you’re trying to say is that VC didn’t want the 1.5 hour drive to Barlow. Combs has a winning record against Warren and the “others”. I’m assuming you mean Jackson, Marietta and Logan. Lol try something else.

You do realize this is a football thread don’t you?
So the excuse has changed from the grudge from 30+ years ago to a 1.5 hour drive huh? Not too much longer than the drive you want Belpre, FH and Waterford to make to RV I would suspect. You keep telling yourself that ole son if it makes you feel happy. But I don’t remember hearing anything about the drive when Warren wanted in. I did hear about how mad the basketball coach would be though. As for this being a “football thread,” weren’t you the one who mentioned RV and “all sports”? Or was that someone else?

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

Old Shorts wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:21 am
Old Shorts wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:09 pm

Man you’ll do anything to get RV out of the Ohio Division won’t you? What you should have done was get Combs to nut up and vote for expanding back when Warren and others wanted in. Then you wouldn’t have to worry about playing RV. But he knew he couldn’t dominate the league with the additions, especially Warren, so he wanted no part of that and he ruled VC while he was there so that was going to be a no vote every time. Yes I realize that VC people like to pretend it had to do with a 30+ year grudge, but it didn’t. It was because Combs didn’t want to have to beat Warren for a league title because he knew he couldn’t.
I think what you’re trying to say is that VC didn’t want the 1.5 hour drive to Barlow. Combs has a winning record against Warren and the “others”. I’m assuming you mean Jackson, Marietta and Logan. Lol try something else.

So the excuse has changed from the grudge from 30+ years ago to a 1.5 hour drive huh? Not too much longer than the drive you want Belpre, FH and Waterford to make to RV I would suspect. You keep telling yourself that ole son if it makes you feel happy. But I don’t remember hearing anything about the drive when Warren wanted in. I did hear about how mad the basketball coach would be though. As for this being a “football thread,” weren’t you the one who mentioned RV and “all sports”? Or was that someone else?
VC wants no part of Warren. And they better keep RV on the schedule. I know people are all jacked up and thinking the 1990’s are back but that’s not reality. Yes they won the conference for the first time in forever but the conference was way down this year. Even Nelsonville was down and VC just got past them. Then got waxed in the playoffs. So the smart thing is to stop trying to get rid of the wins on the schedule. But what do I know, right.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:21 pm Not a fan of NY playing any Hocking Schools outside of Trimble. It goes against the scheduling philosophy of scheduling bigger schools or powerhouse small schools. Maybe no one else was open that week?

NY and Athens need to join TSL league !!

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

VC doesn’t want to play Warren thought they’d beat us year before last lol but it didn’t happen and look who they didn’t want scheduled last year … WARREN !! Since TVC wont let Warren join I say NY and Athens join TSL !! Can’t understand why teams want to stay in conferences they always are at the top at and have no competition smh ..?

Trans_State69
Waterboy

Post by Trans_State69 »

VC is better than warren at this moment

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Justy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:42 pm

VC wants no part of Warren. And they better keep RV on the schedule. I know people are all jacked up and thinking the 1990’s are back but that’s not reality. Yes they won the conference for the first time in forever but the conference was way down this year. Even Nelsonville was down and VC just got past them. Then got waxed in the playoffs. So the smart thing is to stop trying to get rid of the wins on the schedule. But what do I know, right.
Yes, fifteen years ago it was a "30 year grudge" :lol: Some of those people were around when Warren burned every bridge while joining the SEOAL, they were administrators, people with decision making power. That brings me to my second point, the vote was never Coach Combs', that was principal decision that gets their directives from the superintendent. Who at this point was a coach in the 70s, who remembered how Warren left. Next, yes, it was no secret that Coach Combs wanted to play Warren, one because he respected them, the other, he did not want to play anyone in Washington County. He never liked going to Belpre or Marietta. The trip was too long.

:roll:

MVLfan
Waterboy

Post by MVLfan »

It will come down to Vinton County/Nelsonville-York winner.

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:01 pm
Justy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:42 pm

Yes, fifteen years ago it was a "30 year grudge" :lol: Some of those people were around when Warren burned every bridge while joining the SEOAL, they were administrators, people with decision making power. That brings me to my second point, the vote was never Coach Combs', that was principal decision that gets their directives from the superintendent. Who at this point was a coach in the 70s, who remembered how Warren left. Next, yes, it was no secret that Coach Combs wanted to play Warren, one because he respected them, the other, he did not want to play anyone in Washington County. He never liked going to Belpre or Marietta. The trip was too long.

:roll:
Truthfully I have to agree somewhat with Old Shorts that Combs didn’t want Warren in the conference because it would be another huge challenge even more so than Athens to win it.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Sure, I mean after all Old Shorts worked with Coach Combs for seventeen (17) years, I did not. :roll:

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:20 am Sure, I mean after all Old Shorts worked with Coach Combs for seventeen (17) years, I did not. :roll:
Well since you put it that way, I’d say seventeen (17) years of jock sniffing and flunky duty certainly qualifies you as an expert on the mind of Matt Combs. You should write a book. :mrgreen:

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I could write a book. We had a great time, we played great basketball. Your insult is noted, but again shows that you have no idea what you are talking about, which also demonstrates your character. Moreover, Coach Combs should write a book, he took an irrelevant DII school that everyone did not mind playing to a relevant DII power-house that people respected. A program that was built on defensive toughness, unselfishness, and being prepared for any opponent. A program that has twelve conference championships and three district titles, more than Warren by the way, but Coach Combs and Vinton County was always the scared one. Yeah, that doesn't compute.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:44 pm I could write a book. We had a great time, we played great basketball. Your insult is noted, but again shows that you have no idea what you are talking about, which also demonstrates your character. Moreover, Coach Combs should write a book, he took an irrelevant DII school that everyone did not mind playing to a relevant DII power-house that people respected. A program that was built on defensive toughness, unselfishness, and being prepared for any opponent. A program that has twelve conference championships and three district titles, more than Warren by the way, but Coach Combs and Vinton County was always the scared one. Yeah, that doesn't compute.
We got a good look at your character when you said it was embarrassing that the girl from Alexander won player of the year. Then even more so when you tried to deny it. So, what was your role in Combs’ program?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Old Shorts wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:42 pm
hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:44 pm I could write a book. We had a great time, we played great basketball. Your insult is noted, but again shows that you have no idea what you are talking about, which also demonstrates your character. Moreover, Coach Combs should write a book, he took an irrelevant DII school that everyone did not mind playing to a relevant DII power-house that people respected. A program that was built on defensive toughness, unselfishness, and being prepared for any opponent. A program that has twelve conference championships and three district titles, more than Warren by the way, but Coach Combs and Vinton County was always the scared one. Yeah, that doesn't compute.
We got a good look at your character when you said it was embarrassing that the girl from Alexander won player of the year. Then even more so when you tried to deny it. So, what was your role in Combs’ program?
@Old Shorts are you from Meigs?

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Dundas wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:13 pm
It wouldn’t surprise me to learn that Old Shorts and Blizzardman are the same person

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:20 am Sure, I mean after all Old Shorts worked with Coach Combs for seventeen (17) years, I did not. :roll:
I watched the silliness on the sideline all 17 of those seasons. At times I thought if Conbs stopped too fast you would end up with a brown spot on the end of your nose.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:25 pm

It wouldn’t surprise me to learn that Old Shorts and Blizzardman are the same person
Bingo. And throw TVCFANATIC in there too. Another idiot by the same name.

I know, I was D1 fellas
Girevik
Waterboy

Post by Girevik »

*D1* wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:01 pm
MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:25 pm

Bingo. And throw TVCFANATIC in there too. Another idiot by the same name.
D1 seems to have knowledge of this league. Who do you see winning it all next year.

Come to Ukraine! We Train!
mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Athens being on the way up could be bad for the rest of the TVC.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Athens returns the most and finished 2nd last year. They will definitely be a favorite next year.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Kenny Bixx wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:39 pm
I watched the silliness on the sideline all 17 of those seasons. At times I thought if Conbs stopped too fast you would end up with a brown spot on the end of your nose.
It would be difficult to do that from the freshman bench or the scorer's table. :roll:

Return to “Football”