2024 Wheelersburg Pirates

Tri_State79
Varsity

Re: 2024 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by Tri_State79 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:52 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:05 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:35 pm

So an Ironton fan gets on this thread to bash Burg athletes and the town in general. Burg fans come to the defense of their school. And your takeaway is that Burg people are arrogant? 🤦‍♂️

Btw, if you don’t want to read Burg fans standing up for their school and community, then don’t read a thread labeled “2024 Wheelersburg Pirates.” It’s really that simple!
Every time anyone points out that Ironton or Prep or both are outperforming Burg the burg goofs pivot to academics or softball or whatever and it's just funny to me. This is about football and Ironton and Prep programs are outperforming Burg and dominating the win column head to head. More of the same in 24. Doesn't matter what division Burg is in. Ironton and Prep will both beat burg again. On the field. In recruiting and in d1 commits. Every aspect. Every year. Get comfy looking up burg fans. Lol
You’ve made this point at the most exhaustive level. We understand. You think Ironton and prep are far above burg. We have heard your view and we thank you for participating but at this time, do you have anything else to add?
1 correction. I don't "think" it. The FACTS show it. 💯

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:27 pm

Every time anyone points out that Ironton or Prep or both are outperforming Burg the burg goofs pivot to academics or softball or whatever and it's just funny to me. This is about football and Ironton and Prep programs are outperforming Burg and dominating the win column head to head. More of the same in 24. Doesn't matter what division Burg is in. Ironton and Prep will both beat burg again. On the field. In recruiting and in d1 commits. Every aspect. Every year. Get comfy looking up burg fans. Lol
You’ve made this point at the most exhaustive level. We understand. You think Ironton and prep are far above burg. We have heard your view and we thank you for participating but at this time, do you have anything else to add?
“Do you have anything else to add?”

Answer to that question is no, has nothing else to add.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:52 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:27 pm

“Do you have anything else to add?”

Answer to that question is no, has nothing else to add.
Yes I do. Wheelrsburg football has only made it outta their region like 3 times in the last 3 decades. 😆

Trans_State69
Waterboy

Post by Trans_State69 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:33 pm

One additional thing to add: he also lives in Loudoun County, VA, and it is the greatest place on earth. :)
yes i live down here in the rainbow district where i am accepted and feel comfortable and safe.

Valley91
Waterboy

Post by Valley91 »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:44 pm You don’t like reading about how Wheelersburg is the only school in the area who produces successful adults? Some people like to say Wheelersburg people arrogant, I don’t see why!
So an Ironton fan gets on this thread to bash Burg athletes and the town in general. Burg fans come to the defense of their school. And your takeaway is that Burg people are arrogant? 🤦‍♂️

Btw, if you don’t want to read Burg fans standing up for their school and community, then don’t read a thread labeled “2024 Wheelersburg Pirates.” It’s really that simple!
This thread is about the 2024 wheelersburg football team. The heading doesn’t mention anything about the Ironton aka “southeastern Ohio all-stars or Harvest Prep. But all you aronton jokers want to make every post about you. This site is about the athletes of southeastern Ohio but everyone wants to make it personal. Attitudes like this is what is ruining all of youth sports. Adults that act like children need to stay out of youth sports

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:44 pm You don’t like reading about how Wheelersburg is the only school in the area who produces successful adults? Some people like to say Wheelersburg people arrogant, I don’t see why!

Yeah and everytime someone brings up about Ironton and Prep bringing in players where without said players they are mediocre at best, especially Ironton. Like I said earlier, neither Ironton or Prep have anything to show for all the recruits they have brought in. They have won nothing.

Then you proceed to spout of at the mouth about how we are all hilljacks here in Sathern' Ahia.

You are like the majority of the Ironton fans on here that can't admit the players you bring in are the difference in your team.

As for the D1 players, who out of all of them are even sniffing the field at these D1 schools?? I know Carrico has already left Ohio State and it looked like Perkins has left Cincinnati! Is Keyes even still in school? It's great Ironton staff is getting these kids scholarship but none of them are playing so it's no different then all the academic scholarships Burg kids are getting. :D They just don't have to be a practice dummy every day. :lol:

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Trans_State69 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:17 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:33 pm

One additional thing to add: he also lives in Loudoun County, VA, and it is the greatest place on earth. :)
yes i live down here in the rainbow district where i am accepted and feel comfortable and safe.
Nah you live in the "broke as a joke" and "where's my catalytic converter" state of Scioto county, Ohio. 🤣

And the biggest threat of danger is gettin a do you have an extra cig, or can I borrow ya phone, from a 25 yr old white girl who already looks like a grandma from the fentanyl, outside of a dollar store. 🤣 Sit this one out neck beard. 🤣
Last edited by Tri_State79 on Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:30 am

Yeah and everytime someone brings up about Ironton and Prep bringing in players where without said players they are mediocre at best, especially Ironton. Like I said earlier, neither Ironton or Prep have anything to show for all the recruits they have brought in. They have won nothing.

Then you proceed to spout of at the mouth about how we are all hilljacks here in Sathern' Ahia.

You are like the majority of the Ironton fans on here that can't admit the players you bring in are the difference in your team.

As for the D1 players, who out of all of them are even sniffing the field at these D1 schools?? I know Carrico has already left Ohio State and it looked like Perkins has left Cincinnati! Is Keyes even still in school? It's great Ironton staff is getting these kids scholarship but none of them are playing so it's no different then all the academic scholarships Burg kids are getting. :D They just don't have to be a practice dummy every day. :lol:
And the burgs biggest claim to recruit fame is Holden being good in Wright states small pond but not being able to do the same in Columbus and swiftly paddling his small pond ass back to Wright State. Btw Holden wasn't a highly rated recruit in either sport. Burg don't have em the same way they don't get outta their region. Lol

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Question: why has Burg football only made it outta their region like 3 times in the last 3 decades? Lol

Is it coaching or no talent?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Tri_State79 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:38 am

Question: why has Burg football only made it outta their region like 3 times in the last 3 decades? Lol

Because teams like Prep and Ironton, the only way they can win is to load up on talent because they can't use what they have in house.

Why is it that Ironton has made it out of the region a ton of times and only have two state titles to show for it, the last one being in 1989 which was 35 years ago?

Burg has won with very little outside help and Ironton with all of the talent they have brought in haven't won s#%t!!

As for Holden, it's pretty obvious Holtmann didn't know what the hell he was doing and why it took OSU this long to fire him boggles my mind. Holden was better than 3-4 guys that played last year yet Holtmann refused to play him. What a lot of people don't know is what I heard is Holtmann contacted Holden to come play at OSU and then screwed him by sitting him most of the second half. Holtmann didn't know how to use Tanner and that was evident early on. Holden was number 2 in the nation the year before in free throw's made. That should tell you he was good at taking the ball to the hole and getting fouled. Holtmann never let him do that. His offense was pathetic. Two guys would run down to each wing and just stand. Horrible coaching.

Plus, I guarantee you if Holden would have went to Ohio State on a football scholarship he would have played more then on the 3rd team kickoff team. Name me one of the players Ironton has gotten these D1 scholarships for that are actually contributing on the team they went for?

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I’m going with not enough talent together at the same time…coaching was able to get a state title in 2017 with only one kid that plays D1 anything…now do ironton…highest rated roster in D5 by a vast margin…D1 power 5 talent all over the field yet no state titles and regressing…didn’t even play for the regional championship last season…is it coaching or no talent?

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:18 am

Ironton has always achieved more than Burg in football. This isn't new lol.

Because teams like Prep and Ironton, the only way they can win is to load up on talent because they can't use what they have in house.

Why is it that Ironton has made it out of the region a ton of times and only have two state titles to show for it, the last one being in 1989 which was 35 years ago?

Burg has won with very little outside help and Ironton with all of the talent they have brought in haven't won s#%t!!

As for Holden, it's pretty obvious Holtmann didn't know what the hell he was doing and why it took OSU this long to fire him boggles my mind. Holden was better than 3-4 guys that played last year yet Holtmann refused to play him. What a lot of people don't know is what I heard is Holtmann contacted Holden to come play at OSU and then screwed him by sitting him most of the second half. Holtmann didn't know how to use Tanner and that was evident early on. Holden was number 2 in the nation the year before in free throw's made. That should tell you he was good at taking the ball to the hole and getting fouled. Holtmann never let him do that. His offense was pathetic. Two guys would run down to each wing and just stand. Horrible coaching.

Plus, I guarantee you if Holden would have went to Ohio State on a football scholarship he would have played more then on the 3rd team kickoff team. Name me one of the players Ironton has gotten these D1 scholarships for that are actually contributing on the team they went for?

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:30 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:18 am

That's a Lotta ifs for a guy you "know" is talented enough huh?

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

522Pirate wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:21 am

I’m going with not enough talent together at the same time…coaching was able to get a state title in 2017 with only one kid that plays D1 anything…now do ironton…highest rated roster in D5 by a vast margin…D1 power 5 talent all over the field yet no state titles and regressing…didn’t even play for the regional championship last season…is it coaching or no talent?
It's time. As in a matter of. It took Burg their entire programs existence to get the two titles Ironton got in ten years. Pendleton has time on his side. Meanwhile speaking of time, Burg has only made it outta the region like 3 times in 3 decades. Why?

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Tri_State79 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:34 am

It's time. As in a matter of. It took Burg their entire programs existence to get the two titles Ironton got in ten years. Pendleton has time on his side. Meanwhile speaking of time, Burg has only made it outta the region like 3 times in 3 decades. Why?
Loudon Co. not big on reading comprehension huh? I just answered that question…matter of time huh? Like 35 years worth 🤣 Or matter of time as in ironton has played hs football for 30 more years than Wheelersburg and Burg has already matched their title count?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironton has made it out of the region to many to count yet still have nothing to show for it, especially with all the D1 talent they have.

WHY????

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:51 am

Ironton has made it out of the region to many to count yet still have nothing to show for it, especially with all the D1 talent they have.

WHY????
Which means on average Ironton will have more opportunity to win a title in comparison to burg.

Why?

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

522Pirate wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:50 am

Loudon Co. not big on reading comprehension huh? I just answered that question…matter of time huh? Like 35 years worth 🤣 Or matter of time as in ironton has played hs football for 30 more years than Wheelersburg and Burg has already matched their title count?
When you can only get outcha region 3 times in 3 decades Irontons problems look more attractive. Must be why they outrecruit the land of milk and honey also. Lol

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Or they may out recruit Wheelersburg because the academic standards at ironton are subpar…have to have what… a 1.0 gpa (on a 5.0 system) to be eligible? Not gonna be eligible at a five star rated school…

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:53 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:51 am

WHY????
Which means on average Ironton will have more opportunity to win a title in comparison to burg.

Why?
Good to see all of those opportunities are paying off for IHS. When’s the last time they won state?

As for Holden, he accomplished something all of the IHS talent has been unable to do: win a state title.

Meanwhile, Burg is moving to D4 while IHS continues shrinking with no end in sight. Sad to see a once proud IHS program turn into what it has become :(

Return to “Football”