Minford Football

fbnut
SEOP

Re: Minford Football

Post by fbnut »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:01 pm Guy told me tonight that Jerrod Pendleton applied, but couldn’t tell if he was just goofin’ around or not. If so, that the type of hire that would be an absolute game-changer for Minford’s program*
Minford would certainly rise up the recruiting rankings :D

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Not Pendleton lol — although I hear there’s some new board members at Ironton who are close to being ready to move on

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:53 am Not Pendleton lol — although I hear there’s some new board members at Ironton who are close to being ready to move on
That’s not happening. The town would revolt. There was only one new board member that got elected by my count as well.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Wheelersburg fans are praying Pendleton leaves so they can be big brother again. They don’t like being the whipping boy of Southern Ohio.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Welcome Coach Lester former asst. coach and OC of Cincinnati Maderia High School and now the new coach of Minford Falcon HS football.

I think Minford did the right thing by going outside the region to get this hire.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

vladimir wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:18 am Welcome Coach Lester former asst. coach and OC of Cincinnati Maderia High School and now the new coach of Minford Falcon HS football.

I think Minford did the right thing by going outside the region to get this hire.
Agreed. Best of luck to the new coach and hope the Minford community gives the new coaching staff the time and support necessary to build the program.*

SOC_Fan08
Waterboy

Post by SOC_Fan08 »

vladimir wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:18 am Welcome Coach Lester former asst. coach and OC of Cincinnati Maderia High School and now the new coach of Minford Falcon HS football.

Welcome Coach Lester! Good move by the District in my Opinion. The Community needs to get behind the new coach. I know I will be.

Trusty Pirate
Waterboy

Post by Trusty Pirate »

Bentley how sure are you of this hire?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Great. Move.

Trusty Pirate
Waterboy

Post by Trusty Pirate »

Bentley how sure are you that this is the guy?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:25 pmGreat. Move.
Interesting.

Does he have some connection to the area? Moving from Madeira, one of the wealthier Cincy suburbs, to Minford is a big change.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Maybe he read all your posts about wealth not mattering, only coaching?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:04 am Maybe he read all your posts about wealth not mattering, only coaching?
Madeira is definitely proof that money doesn’t equate to football excellence.

It’s a big change for him, and family if he has one, with regards to demographics. A wealthy suburb of Cincy is a much different environment than rural Minford. Just depends on one’s interests.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I thought he was from Portsmouth west originally?

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

transplant wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:41 am I thought he was from Portsmouth west originally?
Pretty positive you’re correct on this.

Who Dey!
CuckooNest
Riding the Bench

Post by CuckooNest »

Hope he has many years of success with the Mighty Minford Falcons.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

He’s a West Graduate. Also he has not accepted the position yet although it’s been offered

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

Probably waiting on a teaching job to be offered that I have heard they don’t have at the moment.

My question is why would you offer it to him knowing he needs a teaching job if you are not 100% sure you can get him the teaching job.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

You find a job to make it work if he’s your guy. Or make up a job for a year or two.

sgtwilliamjames
Riding the Bench

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

A pay cut to come home?

Return to “Football”