Minford Football

falcon1
Varsity

Re: Minford Football

Post by falcon1 »

SOC_Fan08 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:00 am
Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:46 am man I just KEEP hearing from different Minford ppl that QB1 is playing Soccer this year. Also heard new coach is already rubbing ppl the wrong way. This might be a one and done type of stint
Not to diminish a players ability but he was not a QB. He is very fast but he shot puts the ball and if he leaves the team because the Coach wont commit to him or Daddy then that is Dads problem not the Coach or teams problem. Parents are ruining Kids because of their egos.
This post is so wrong! He has not for sure quit football, his Dad has nothing to do with it, if you really knew what you were talking about, he is more about grades and what lies next after High school.He may play this year, and may not, but rest assured, it`s not because he can or can`t play QB!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

QB 1 is an athlete playing QB. At burg he would thrive, if he was the QB because they would have athletes and a line to help him. Currently he’s running for his life so who knows what he’s capable of. He’s probably a natural receiver in the football world but it sounds to me, he’s just playing the sport for fun. I hope he can continue playing

SOC_Fan08
Waterboy

Post by SOC_Fan08 »

falcon1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:43 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:46 am man I just KEEP hearing from different Minford ppl that QB1 is playing Soccer this year. Also heard new coach is already rubbing ppl the wrong way. This might be a one and done type of stint
Not to diminish a players ability but he was not a QB. He is very fast but he shot puts the ball and if he leaves the team because the Coach wont commit to him or Daddy then that is Dads problem not the Coach or teams problem. Parents are ruining Kids because of their egos.
This post is so wrong! He has not for sure quit football, his Dad has nothing to do with it, if you really knew what you were talking about, he is more about grades and what lies next after High school.He may play this year, and may not, but rest assured, it`s not because he can or can`t play QB!!
Never questioned his character as a person or student. He just isn’t a Good QB he is a better athlete. Now if the new staff with an actual QB coach like Wilcoxin can turn his production around. I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong.

If his dad has nothing to do with it then he should probably stop shopping his boys around, And telling people he is taking his boys to burg because minford didn’t hire his choice.

SOC_Fan08
Waterboy

Post by SOC_Fan08 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:08 pm QB 1 is an athlete playing QB. At burg he would thrive, if he was the QB because they would have athletes and a line to help him. Currently he’s running for his life so who knows what he’s capable of. He’s probably a natural receiver in the football world but it sounds to me, he’s just playing the sport for fun. I hope he can continue playing
He is a great athlete and would make a great slot guy.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SOC_Fan08 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:49 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:08 pm QB 1 is an athlete playing QB. At burg he would thrive, if he was the QB because they would have athletes and a line to help him. Currently he’s running for his life so who knows what he’s capable of. He’s probably a natural receiver in the football world but it sounds to me, he’s just playing the sport for fun. I hope he can continue playing
He is a great athlete and would make a great slot guy.
Yep.

SOCFalconFan
Waterboy

Post by SOCFalconFan »

SOC_Fan08 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:27 pm
falcon1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:43 pm

Never questioned his character as a person or student. He just isn’t a Good QB he is a better athlete. Now if the new staff with an actual QB coach like Wilcoxin can turn his production around. I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong.

If his dad has nothing to do with it then he should probably stop shopping his boys around, And telling people he is taking his boys to burg because minford didn’t hire his choice.
QB1 was supposedly moving to soccer last year too but didn’t. Don’t think his dad would let him if he can stop him, he’s not a soccer guy.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

He supposedly has or is close to getting a D1 Scholarship for track. Development at that and fear of injury? May be why he didn’t play basketball this year? Can’t blame him

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Zero imagination in the playbook at Minford, I also noticed on several occasions they would role out the QB opposite of where the route concepts were going, without getting to critical it just wasn't a good look .Caudill is and can be a very good QB, he's already a great athlete and can especially be one in a good system, judging solely on what I am told from a few folks out in Muletown and anecdotal evidence from watching the West/Minford games is that it's NOT the QB's passing or ability that was the problem. The problem is a flat out refusal to recognize or adjust to the evolution of the game of football, Minford's offense was bland and just down right predictable, and the read option appeared to be a security blanket for the head coach. The youth program isn't the problem either, its the connection and institutional involvement from the ground work. Sounds like everyone knew it was time and the young coach is trying to assemble an experienced staff. Good luck to Minford.

SOC_Fan08
Waterboy

Post by SOC_Fan08 »

Runner00 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:51 am Zero imagination in the playbook at Minford, I also noticed on several occasions they would role out the QB opposite of where the route concepts were going, without getting to critical it just wasn't a good look .Caudill is and can be a very good QB, he's already a great athlete and can especially be one in a good system, judging solely on what I am told from a few folks out in Muletown and anecdotal evidence from watching the West/Minford games is that it's NOT the QB's passing or ability that was the problem. The problem is a flat out refusal to recognize or adjust to the evolution of the game of football, Minford's offense was bland and just down right predictable, and the read option appeared to be a security blanket for the head coach. The youth program isn't the problem either, its the connection and institutional involvement from the ground work. Sounds like everyone knew it was time and the young coach is trying to assemble an experienced staff. Good luck to Minford.
Yeah Rubys inability to adapt killed this program. I feel good about what the new coach is doing so far.

Return to “Football”