Minford Football

FIDO
S

Re: Minford Football

Post by FIDO »

Greygoose:
You are correct. I was messing with the muletown boyz.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Deleted bc duplicated
Last edited by FalconFever02 on Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:26 pm
Dan-The-Man wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:21 am After reading this and other threads throughout the year, this is one tough job. Community seems to be split on what they want and expectations are kind of unrealistic. This job will need a strong personality that can win the trust of the people and players.
Former head coach around here once told me that Minford football is worst coaching job in the area because of unrealistic expectations of fans/parents, along with a long history of losing football.

As for new hire, I agree with greygoose that Minford needs to truly consider outside candidates before just handing the reins over to the next Minford alum that wants it. They need a culture change out there in football starting with the pee wee level all the way up to high school. I’d bring in an outsider with no personal ties, or favors owed, to anyone, and be patient with him because this not going to be a quick fix.*
Sour Grapes from Bob Ashley, he made his own bed and he had to lay in it at Minford, so I wouldn’t put much stock into that.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

FalconFever02 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:29 am
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:26 pm
Dan-The-Man wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:21 am After reading this and other threads throughout the year, this is one tough job. Community seems to be split on what they want and expectations are kind of unrealistic. This job will need a strong personality that can win the trust of the people and players.
Former head coach around here once told me that Minford football is worst coaching job in the area because of unrealistic expectations of fans/parents, along with a long history of losing football.

As for new hire, I agree with greygoose that Minford needs to truly consider outside candidates before just handing the reins over to the next Minford alum that wants it. They need a culture change out there in football starting with the pee wee level all the way up to high school. I’d bring in an outsider with no personal ties, or favors owed, to anyone, and be patient with him because this not going to be a quick fix.*
Sour Grapes from Bob Ashley, he made his own bed and he had to lay in it at Minford, so I wouldn’t put much stock into that.
It wasn’t Bob Ashley, or anybody else that actually coached at Minford. Was just a local coach’s perspective on the fan expectations at Minford back then vs. the actual on-field results.

Minford fans are justified in wanting changes at this point, but gonna take awhile to get to the level they want (competitive with Burg and West) from what I’m seeing. Maybe the best guy for the job is already in the Minford system, but they should at least look at every option before going that route.*

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Throwing a name out there, but what about Trey Wilds? Hadn’t he been an assistant there for a while? He definitely has the conditioning background as he’s won three straight OVC track championships at Rock Hill. I’d say he’s in his early 30’s so he may be in for the long haul.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

CharlieHustle wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:41 pm From an outsider's perspective: Minford's culture will never change until their toxic peewee culture changes. The parents obsess over peewee championships or undefeated JH seasons, and think it should translate to being state champs.
Look at the historically dominant programs in the state (Burg, Marion, etc)--What do their peewees do? Play in-house, learn fundamentals, encourage as much participation as possible, and most importantly--not care about winning at that level. The kids learn to compete for positions, where at Minford the positions are set in stone at 3rd grade.

I saw a quote on FB that I think resonates:
"Peewee championships are for the parents, not the kids".
YULP! This is exactly right. That peewee culture over there is disturbing.

CuckooNest
Riding the Bench

Post by CuckooNest »

What makes anyone think Jeremy Frazie has any interest in being head coach? The guy is running a very involved business. I don’t think he would have the time to dive into it.

The new coach needs to get the pee wee parents in line before football closes up shop completely. You’ve got insane parents playing 12 regular season games and some still have their kids playing on a travel team in December. How many games is enough? 15-20?

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

December 5, 2023 @3pm is the deadline for all the coaching candidates. Do we have any other applicants other than those already mentioned? It will certainly be interesting which way they will go with this. It seems it isn’t going to take long.

WWE HALL OF FAME
Jussmypinion
Waterboy

Post by Jussmypinion »

SiderSammy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:47 pm
I don’t see Irwin leaving. Maybe Newsome. It wouldn’t hurt my feelings if they both went honestly.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Newsome just a rolling stone it seems.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Jussmypinion wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:52 pm
SiderSammy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:47 pm
I don’t see Irwin leaving. Maybe Newsome. It wouldn’t hurt my feelings if they both went honestly.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Newsome just a rolling stone it seems.
Newsome has been there quite some time, I doubt he will go anywhere.

WWE HALL OF FAME
GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Please no Caudill… please!

You all think the pee wee culture is bad. Wonder who is mostly to blame. Posting stuff about winning the state championship with 3rd graders. Is that even a real thing? That group is in 7th grade this year. The junior high program only had one team again due to low numbers. Minford has some really good people and coaches, but this job can’t be very attractive. School seems to not care much for athletics, worst facilities in the league, low numbers.

SOC_Fan08
Waterboy

Post by SOC_Fan08 »

GoAt 10 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:44 pm Please no Caudill… please!

You all think the pee wee culture is bad. Wonder who is mostly to blame. Posting stuff about winning the state championship with 3rd graders. Is that even a real thing? That group is in 7th grade this year. The junior high program only had one team again due to low numbers. Minford has some really good people and coaches, but this job can’t be very attractive. School seems to not care much for athletics, worst facilities in the league, low numbers.
I would have to agree. Scott is a good guy but Doesn't Deserve to be a high school football head coach. The Pee wee program and culture is a joke. Minfords most successful classes on the football field all came from a enclosed pee wee program. Parents greed and arrogance trying to live vicariously through 3rd-6th graders has been detrimental to the programs success. Along with Parents not being able to handle their kids having to play in a different position for the betterment of the team or working for their spot. Culture Starts at the Top and if I am the new guy the First 2 things I am Fixing is the Weight Program and The Pee wee program.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

GoAt 10 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:44 pm Please no Caudill… please!

this is what they seem to not understand lol, just bc you enter a tournament and call it the State Championship doesn't mean you're playing against the best in the state.

and idk how many times I've heard from Minford folks that he's "rated the best 7th grader in the country". they clearly have no idea how things work.

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

I was just informed by an inside source that Jimmy Wheeler a former offensive coordinator out of a mid size Indiana school will be interviewing for the HC spot. I have no clue what his connection to muletown is.

Things are getting spicy.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

CharlieHustle wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:41 pm From an outsider's perspective: Minford's culture will never change until their toxic peewee culture changes. The parents obsess over peewee championships or undefeated JH seasons, and think it should translate to being state champs.
Look at the historically dominant programs in the state (Burg, Marion, etc)--What do their peewees do? Play in-house, learn fundamentals, encourage as much participation as possible, and most importantly--not care about winning at that level. The kids learn to compete for positions, where at Minford the positions are set in stone at 3rd grade.

There is no "peewee culture" at Marion Local or really any of the MAC schools. They don't play football until JH. And when they do, everyone plays and it is to get the kids interested. That is why Versailles had 18 seniors and all of them played together on the same 7th grade team that had 20 on the roster.

The "Hillhounds" has ruined many a group of Minford football players.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

OVC wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:27 pm Throwing a name out there, but what about Trey Wilds? Hadn’t he been an assistant there for a while? He definitely has the conditioning background as he’s won three straight OVC track championships at Rock Hill. I’d say he’s in his early 30’s so he may be in for the long haul.
Dont`t think so. has his eyes on HC Job @ RH . Not a good fit for Minford, and teaching in another district!

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

HatTrick wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:34 am I was just informed by an inside source that Jimmy Wheeler a former offensive coordinator out of a mid size Indiana school will be interviewing for the HC spot. I have no clue what his connection to muletown is.

:lol:

CuckooNest
Riding the Bench

Post by CuckooNest »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:00 pm

There is no "peewee culture" at Marion Local or really any of the MAC schools. They don't play football until JH. And when they do, everyone plays and it is to get the kids interested. That is why Versailles had 18 seniors and all of them played together on the same 7th grade team that had 20 on the roster.

The "Hillhounds" has ruined many a group of Minford football players.
May be an unpopular opinion but that’s about as true a statement regarding Minford Football there has ever been.

Burgistheword772
Waterboy

Post by Burgistheword772 »

petesweaty wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:41 am
FIDO wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:58 am
Bfan99 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:57 am Minford better not miss on this hirer, they need a guy to completely change the culture. Minford has became 1. Basketball 2. Soccer and then football. They should hirer someone not affiliated with Minford. Has the Frazie guy coached at the HS level?
They usually have a good baseball team, right
Yes, baseball has been way better than any of those sports the last 10+ years. Wake up dude.
Yeah not like basketball has been dominating the SOC and past two years and soccer moved up to division two after winning back to back district titles and SOC championships. Their baseball team has some potential though after last year not working out too good, once the new coaches settle in they could get back to being SOC contenders like the past few years.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

HatTrick wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:34 am I was just informed by an inside source that Jimmy Wheeler a former offensive coordinator out of a mid size Indiana school will be interviewing for the HC spot. I have no clue what his connection to muletown is.

That's interesting considering I don't even see that the job has been posted yet.

Return to “Football”