Waterboy

Minford Football

Post by Valley91 »

Has anyone heard Jesse Ruby resigning?

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Minford Football

Post by greygoose »

Valley91 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:22 pm Has anyone heard Jesse Ruby resigning?
Yes, was talked about on the SOC2 talk.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Jeremy Frazie

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

Frazie would be a good guy for the job but will they hire someone who isn’t a teacher? I think Matiz would do a good job.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Dan-The-Man wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:31 am Frazie would be a good guy for the job but will they hire someone who isn’t a teacher? I think Matiz would do a good job.
I don`t think Matiz wants a head coaching job. Don`t want to deal with the parents !!

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Dan-The-Man wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:31 am Frazie would be a good guy for the job but will they hire someone who isn’t a teacher? I think Matiz would do a good job.
wouldn't have to worry about finding a job for Frazie within the school, that would be a plus.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

No offense here, but if Matiz was the DC why would you think he'd do a good job? The defense has been like really bad, how is it that a guy in charge of a unit that hasn't been good would do a good job running the whole thing?? Be one thing if the defense was mediocre and other issues were there but facts are defense was just another weak link in that entire chain at Minford. Just nothing they did defensively was on par with quality.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:23 pm
No offense here, but if Matiz was the DC why would you think he'd do a good job? The defense has been like really bad, how is it that a guy in charge of a unit that hasn't been good would do a good job running the whole thing?? Be one thing if the defense was mediocre and other issues were there but facts are defense was just another weak link in that entire chain at Minford. Just nothing they did defensively was on par with quality.
the entire Minford program needs a reboot, personally I would not hire anyone that's currently on staff. Frazie seems like a no brainer, idk if he'd want it is the only thing.

If not, Id look for a young gun early 30's or younger.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:52 pm
greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:23 pm
the entire Minford program needs a reboot, personally I would not hire anyone that's currently on staff. Frazie seems like a no brainer, idk if he'd want it is the only thing.

If not, Id look for a young gun early 30's or younger.
Exactly, I already know of someone waiting for it to get posted younger guy. Has coached at a couple different schools both in SOC and SVC so they will have interest as long as they don’t think the best solution is to higher within because if isn’t. They need some fresh eyes and rejuvenated blood.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

two yungin's i've heard already are Irwin from West and Andy Hall's son Bryce

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:28 pm two yungin's i've heard already are Irwin from West and Andy Hall's son Bryce
I don’t see Irwin leaving. Maybe Newsome. It wouldn’t hurt my feelings if they both went honestly.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Frazie would be great, I’d also not complain if we got an Irwin, Hall or even Kaskey.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Minford better not miss on this hirer, they need a guy to completely change the culture. Minford has became 1. Basketball 2. Soccer and then football. They should hirer someone not affiliated with Minford. Has the Frazie guy coached at the HS level?

Flaconflyer89
Waterboy

Post by Flaconflyer89 »

What does the junior high coaches look like? Could one of them step up? Food for thought maybe?
Last edited by Flaconflyer89 on Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:57 am Minford better not miss on this hirer, they need a guy to completely change the culture. Minford has became 1. Basketball 2. Soccer and then football. They should hirer someone not affiliated with Minford. Has the Frazie guy coached at the HS level?
They usually have a good baseball team, right

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

FIDO wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:58 am
Bfan99 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:57 am Minford better not miss on this hirer, they need a guy to completely change the culture. Minford has became 1. Basketball 2. Soccer and then football. They should hirer someone not affiliated with Minford. Has the Frazie guy coached at the HS level?
They usually have a good baseball team, right
Yes, baseball has been way better than any of those sports the last 10+ years. Wake up dude.

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

Here’s a twist for you, Irwin gets hired at Minford and takes Newsome with him. Then Gilliland tosses a hail mary and brings in Kaskey. Considering he lives in Burg, kids go there, ect. I’m sure that’s not to far fetched.

But here, I honestly think Minford stays in house. That seems to have been their mission objective

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SiderSammy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:34 am Here’s a twist for you, Irwin gets hired at Minford and takes Newsome with him. Then Gilliland tosses a hail mary and brings in Kaskey. Considering he lives in Burg, kids go there, ect. I’m sure that’s not to far fetched.

But here, I honestly think Minford stays in house. That seems to have been their mission objective
Minford has nothing in house that has proven they can be that guy if that's the case they just as well keep Ruby and keep up with mediocrity.

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:57 am
SiderSammy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:34 am Here’s a twist for you, Irwin gets hired at Minford and takes Newsome with him. Then Gilliland tosses a hail mary and brings in Kaskey. Considering he lives in Burg, kids go there, ect. I’m sure that’s not to far fetched.

Minford has nothing in house that has proven they can be that guy if that's the case they just as well keep Ruby and keep up with mediocrity.
I was actually considering Frazie, a Minford guy as “in house”
My mistake. I really think they go the easy route with Matiz or Daniel’s. Matiz has a son playing and I assume will still want to be around, Letting someone outside come in doesn’t guarantee him being there.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SiderSammy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:11 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:57 am

I was actually considering Frazie, a Minford guy as “in house”
My mistake. I really think they go the easy route with Matiz or Daniel’s. Matiz has a son playing and I assume will still want to be around, Letting someone outside come in doesn’t guarantee him being there.
Matiz doesn't want the job he's not putting in for it.

Return to “Football”