Minford Football

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Re: Minford Football

Post by Sonny Weaver »

MrPerfect wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:35 am How are things in Muletown? It’s been really quiet.
still waiting for an acceptance notice from the candidate. Would imagine it's about time to move on to option #2

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Okay move on, this isn't Nick Saban.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Who is option #2?

Ohio1979
Riding the Bench

Post by Ohio1979 »

FalconFever02 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:53 am Okay move on, this isn't Nick Saban.
That is what I dont get, what is the normal amount of time someone sits on an offer, a week?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Yeah, Minford may have to move on. Football offseason weights/training firing back up this week, and they still without a head coach. Not sure who option #2 is, but I'd be giving him a call Friday evening if Lester hasn't accepted by then.*

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:02 am Yeah, Minford may have to move on. Football offseason weights/training firing back up this week, and they still without a head coach. Not sure who option #2 is, but I'd be giving him a call Friday evening if Lester hasn't accepted by then.*
One would imagine Paul Carver or Tom Kaskey would be next in line.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

transplant wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:03 am Who is option #2?
I've been told it was a candidate from Fairland (I don't want to be the first to actually mention his name).
And 3rd in line is Kaskey (since he's already been discussed at length on here).

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I see. Thanks for the info. I assume both other options will need a teaching job to go with the HC job?

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Minford is definitely showing their true colors on how concerned they are for the state of the football program. I know schools like Ironton and Burg already have football players in the weight room for over a month regardless if they play basketball or not, I’m guessing they think they have till August to find a coach.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Bfan99 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:15 pm Minford is definitely showing their true colors on how concerned they are for the state of the football program. I know schools like Ironton and Burg already have football players in the weight room for over a month regardless if they play basketball or not, I’m guessing they think they have till August to find a coach.
Having a teaching job is almost a must when hiring a coach.
Sounds like you want to just hire anyone because they haven’t hired who was local.

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

Bfan99 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:15 pm Minford is definitely showing their true colors on how concerned they are for the state of the football program. I know schools like Ironton and Burg already have football players in the weight room for over a month regardless if they play basketball or not, I’m guessing they think they have till August to find a coach.
Minford doesn’t have anyone running or opening the weight room for the football players to lift?

What about Matiz? Is his son still in HS?

NotSuprised
Waterboy

Post by NotSuprised »

Yes Minford has still been in the weight room lifting all the way down to Junior High.

CuckooNest
Riding the Bench

Post by CuckooNest »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:44 am
MrPerfect wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:35 am How are things in Muletown? It’s been really quiet.
still waiting for an acceptance notice from the candidate. Would imagine it's about time to move on to option #2
You guys that mad Bailey didn’t get a sniff?

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:15 pm
I've been told it was a candidate from Fairland (I don't want to be the first to actually mention his name).
And 3rd in line is Kaskey (since he's already been discussed at length on here).
Job has been offered and accepted by the person from Fairland. Just has to be board approved! Meeting next week. If he doesn`t back out like the first one did !! ;)

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

falcon1 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:58 am
Job has been offered and accepted by the person from Fairland. Just has to be board approved! Meeting next week. If he doesn`t back out like the first one did !! ;)
Anyone have a name?

Qualifications?

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

falcon1 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:58 am
I was told Lester wasn't sold on the idea of not having a job at the school this upcoming year, not sure I blame him.

Fairland candidate is a young guy, was thier OC

CuckooNest
Riding the Bench

Post by CuckooNest »

Fairland website says Melvin Cunningham was OC and Google search shows he resigned to take the HC at Murray (KY).

Is this the same guy or someone else on staff there?

Top Gun
Waterboy

Post by Top Gun »

I am hearing Jordan Michael. 24 year old, was their OC last year

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

idk if it's time to share his name but no thats not who was offered the job. I was under the impression he was the OC at Fairland, I could be wrong on his position on the staff there. This kid just graduated in 2017 I believe. Went to play ball at Alderson-Broaddus

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

JL? Does this kid need a teaching position too?

Return to “Football”