Irontons Carrico and Perkins both enter transfer portal day one

Tri_State790
Varsity

Re: Irontons Carrico and Perkins both enter transfer portal day one

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:40 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:44 pm
RBH23 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:32 pm

Yes, a 49.87MM difference! Simple math and stats.
That's life. Sharks and guppies. Seo is guppies water.
You realize the flaw in your logic? It’s equivalent to saying Floyd Mayweather is a terrible fighter because he can’t hang with Mike Tyson.
Floyd and Mike both made it on the big stage. This is more like Tyson and Pete McNeely. Seo is punch drunk. Lol. Pete had crazy wild heart. But the skill set and discipline just wasn't there. Lol

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:21 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:40 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:44 pm

That's life. Sharks and guppies. Seo is guppies water.
You realize the flaw in your logic? It’s equivalent to saying Floyd Mayweather is a terrible fighter because he can’t hang with Mike Tyson.
Floyd and Mike both made it on the big stage. This is more like Tyson and Pete McNeely. Seo is punch drunk. Lol. Pete had crazy wild heart. But the skill set and discipline just wasn't there. Lol
No they didn’t. Heavy weight champ is the ultimate title. Mayweather never played in that arena. But Mayweather did quite well in his stratosphere. However, your logic wouldn’t recognize that. You would consider him a chump since he didn’t fight with the big boys.

Btw, I can see how you have forgotten IHS winning state titles, but them and Burg have won two each putting them in rare Company in the state of Ohio.

And before you bring up ML and Kirtland, keep in mind that they produce college football players at a rate lower than Burg and IHS. Even worse when compared to Florida and Texas.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

tigercat74 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:53 pm
FIDO wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:21 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:55 am

So you don't have the details that would "only make me miserable". Got it.

You are the one that is smart enough to leave SE Ohio, yet still spend your time on a message board about the sports being played there.

I have zero beef with your statements about telling a kid they aren't good enough. I agree with you. I called you out because you claim knowledge of a situation. Claim to know "details". You clearly don't. But now want to make it something it isn't.
You are picking comments I made to tigercat74 about me being a miserable SOB and tying it in with the Ty Perkins discussion.

True, I played your words against the poster about being an extemely uninformed post. But it had nothing to do with you or Ty

Unless, of course, you have another username as tigercat74 and you accidentally responded under your mod name. NAH, I suspect this all some crazy misunderstanding.
I can assure you I'm just me. Nobody special. :lol:
Me too. Nobody special. By the reaction I've received you would think my opinion has merit. Ohsaa, coaches, players, etc...don't give a rat's behind on my thoughts, especially on this forum. At the end of the day, it is just one's opinion, nothing more or less.

Fatdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Fatdog »

Any word on where either may land?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

FIDO wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:21 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:55 am
FIDO wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:06 pm

Oh good grief. If a player is good enough to play D1 football, it doesn't matter who is coaching. As I've said in my earlier post, I wish nothing but the best for the kids, meaning Ty and Carrico.

The rest of your post is just silly nonsense. I haven't disparaged local play or athletes. How many local football players are getting substantial playing time at P5 or D1 schools? There are plenty playing at lower levels and there is nothing wrong with that. It is what it is. Don't pretend it is something it isn't.

There is nothing wrong with telling a kid they aren't good enough to be a....................name your sport, profession or walmart greeter.
So you don't have the details that would "only make me miserable". Got it.

You are the one that is smart enough to leave SE Ohio, yet still spend your time on a message board about the sports being played there.

I have zero beef with your statements about telling a kid they aren't good enough. I agree with you. I called you out because you claim knowledge of a situation. Claim to know "details". You clearly don't. But now want to make it something it isn't.
You are picking comments I made to tigercat74 about me being a miserable SOB and tying it in with the Ty Perkins discussion.

True, I played your words against the poster about being an extemely uninformed post. But it had nothing to do with you or Ty

Unless, of course, you have another username as tigercat74 and you accidentally responded under your mod name. NAH, I suspect this all some crazy misunderstanding.

I am not picking anything.

You made a post using the statements:

"Perkins wasn't a surprise. The coaching change had nothing to do with his decision."

"I take the offer was not a full ride or else he would have stayed"

"Go to Morehead St, get ur degree in history and move on"

I told you your post was extremely uninformed.

You said "Do tell" and before I could respond you added....""An extremely uniformed post" I could go into details but it would only make you miserable"

I have asked twice what those details are. You do not seem to have them. You can have any stance you want on these players. That is completely fine. Who cares? But don't act you know anything about the particulars of a situation when you don't.

If you want to come on and say "I knew they would never make it. They suck". That is your right. You claimed to know about the situations. When I asked you what you knew, you deflected.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

You are dead wrong with everything past "Do Tell" in your comment above. As I've said previously and you fail to go look, my comments about going into details was in regards to tigercat74s post saying I'm a miserable SOB. This isn't difficult. Good grief

Nothing wrong with Morehad State. Craig Crabtree and Luke Keller had great success there. I'm sure many others have too.

I've never said anyone from the area sucks. Stop making crap up.
Last edited by FIDO on Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

FIDO wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:51 pm You are dead wrong with everything past "Do Tell" in your comment above. As I've said previously and you fail to go look, my comments about going into details was in regards to tigercat74s post saying I'm a miserable SOB. This isn't difficult. Good grief

Nothing wrong with Morehad State. Craig Crabtree and Luke Keller had great success there. I'm sure many others have too.
Phil Simms had a good career at Morehead State. Did okay in the NFL as well :)

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

FIDO wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:24 pm
tigercat74 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:57 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:02 am

I don’t care about the lie, it may or may not be true that he went to UC and can’t play at that level. But with that said why is a grown man on here literally bashing a 19 year old kid who probably had his D1 football aspirations crushed? I just think it’s silly to get in here and say don’t believe in false promises and stop pretending you have a chance. Kid is 19, will likely be more successful than that asshat Fido in life.
Because most grown men that bash kids like that are just miserable SOBs who are not happy how their lives turned out.
"AN extremely uninformed post." I can go into details but it would only make you miserable.

I know my post is counter to the false narrative being spread from the Ironton faithful. NOT THE KIDS FAULT ADULTS LIE. It is laughable to say Ironton is loaded with D1 talent. Your own fan base is trying to sell this false narrative so they can overtly/covertly recruit or to entice young impressionable kids to Ironton. Your own fan base has declared ironton as a destination school for the areas top players, all based on false promises and an extremely false narrative.

A 19 year old young man has thicker skin than you guys give them credit. Many have died serving our country. Get out of SEO for a bit and clear your clouded and uninformed vision.
Nothing in this post has anything to do with you or Ty. I know you are a Valley guy, as is Coop, Pmow3 and many others. I'm done with this nonsense. Believe what you want. I couldn't care less. Cheers!!

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

I had saw where Carrico tweeted OU has offered so there’s one

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

FIDO wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:51 pm You are dead wrong with everything past "Do Tell" in your comment above. As I've said previously and you fail to go look, my comments about going into details was in regards to tigercat74s post saying I'm a miserable SOB. This isn't difficult. Good grief

I've never said anyone from the area sucks. Stop making crap up.
You literally put into quotation marks .""An extremely uniformed post" (which was my post) and then proceeded to say " I could go into details but it would only make you miserable"

You appeared to be responding to me. I never said you said anyone from the area sucks. I said if you wanted to say that go for it. I am not the one making stuff up.

This isn't difficult.

Trans_State69
Waterboy

Post by Trans_State69 »

Best wishes to both kids as they seek out a better opportunity

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Fatdog wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:41 am Any word on where either may land?
Just read on mountaineers now that Carrico is visiting wvu this weekend.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Did Perkins pull his name out I didn't see his name in the transfer portal

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

gobucs20 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:38 pm
Fatdog wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:41 am Any word on where either may land?
Just read on mountaineers now that Carrico is visiting wvu this weekend.
On3 has Toledo the favorite

Trans_State69
Waterboy

Post by Trans_State69 »

Carrico to OU PLEASEEEEEEE!

BigBelliedBob
Waterboy

Post by BigBelliedBob »

Ohio Division V football… The competition these kids play compared to those in Texas, Florida, California, Georgia, DC/Virginia/Maryland is inferior. Look at the 5 star athletes and where they played HS ball and I guarantee that most have been playing against other highly rated recruits whereas Ironton kids have been beating up the likes of Coal Grove and South Point. There is no comparison. Small town, small school, weak schedule and inferior opponents have not prepared Ironton kids to play big time, big school college football.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

fielddaddy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:36 am Did Perkins pull his name out I didn't see his name in the transfer portal
I saw where he got an offer from Gardner Webb.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BigBelliedBob wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:43 pm Ohio Division V football… The competition these kids play compared to those in Texas, Florida, California, Georgia, DC/Virginia/Maryland is inferior. Look at the 5 star athletes and where they played HS ball and I guarantee that most have been playing against other highly rated recruits whereas Ironton kids have been beating up the likes of Coal Grove and South Point. There is no comparison. Small town, small school, weak schedule and inferior opponents have not prepared Ironton kids to play big time, big school college football.
It’s silly to compare division V football to big school programs. SEO football doesn’t hold a candle to big school football in Cincy, Columbus, or Cleveland either.

That’s what makes it quite impressive the athletes Scioto and Lawrence county have produced over the years. Not bad for a sparsely populated region.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Let’s go
Attachments
IMG_5592.jpeg

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Reid just committed to WVU with 2 years of eligibility left, good luck Reid.

Return to “Football”