Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

Bmoc313
Waterboy

Re: *Breaking* TVC Accepts Oak Hill (OH BOE to Vote)

Post by Bmoc313 »

greygoose wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:31 am
Bmoc313 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:09 am
greygoose wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:11 pm

Yeah I figured they’d be doing crossovers but are they going to force the crossover is the thing?? OH and NW both wanted out so they didn’t play those schools. Sounds like they create a mess, I mean how do you make this decision without a plan for teams lol.
I agree. I figure they make the crossovers mandatory but make it so you aren’t facing Burg or West the same year every year. It seems like a a situation where it sounds good if it pans out but they didn’t think past if it doesn’t.
Finding 7 nonconference games will be a heck of a mess, even only making 1 crossover game still leaves 6 games. Then do you make the small school play the middle division, they didn't ask for any of this and they've got plenty of teams and have no need for crossover. Hopefully the end goal is to work the 2 bigger divisions to 5/6 teams over the next 3-5 years.
My understanding is the small schools get left alone since they already have 6 teams in their division. The other 2 divisions would play 2 crossover games with each other. Again it’s not ideal but hopefully like you said they are looking to add 3 or more schools to make it 5-6 teams per division. I guess that will be up to the superintendents now.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Ideal League Expansion

SOC 3 Big Schools
Wheelersburg
West
Waverly
Portsmouth
Ironton
Jackson

SOC 2 Middle
Valley
Minford
Oak Hill
Northwest
River Valley
Wellston

SOC 1 Small
South Gallia
East
ND
Symmes Valley
Eastern
Green

Of course this is football only. The rest would look a little different with all the Non Football Schools, but it would be a great start!

Ohio1979
Riding the Bench

Re: Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

Post by Ohio1979 »

The only move that makes sense is for portsmouth to join

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

fake news

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

So basically Oak Hill only applied to TVC to get SOC to fold to their demands? Well played Oak Hill, well played.*

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

baseball16 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:39 am Ideal League Expansion

SOC 3 Big Schools
Wheelersburg
West
Waverly
Portsmouth
Ironton
Jackson

SOC 2 Middle
Valley
Minford
Oak Hill
Northwest
River Valley
Wellston

SOC 1 Small
South Gallia
East
ND
Symmes Valley
Eastern
Green

Of course this is football only. The rest would look a little different with all the Non Football Schools, but it would be a great start!
West is in a crappy situation here. They could possibly be D6 this year with declining numbers every year. I’m all for tougher competition but I think they don’t fit in either 2 or 3. Not quite able to compete with the teams on top of 3 but I feel like 2 would be kind of too easy on some years.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:44 am So basically Oak Hill only applied to TVC to get SOC to fold to their demands? Well played Oak Hill, well played.*
Sounds like that may have been the plan! 😆

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Lots of chatter about the SOC wanting to add a team/school. Portsmouth makes the most sense, but it won’t happen. You also have to wonder if Portsmouth wants it to happen right now? Travel wise sure it makes sense. However, Portsmouth is imo the top 2 maybe 3 in the OVC now with Ironton out. They’ve shown they can beat Fairland, it’s competitive, they’ve lost but they have beat them. They haven’t been able to beat Gallia often, but they can and I think they will this season. The rest of the teams they beat up on, with the exception of CG who has beat them, and always plays tough. So would they really want to leave a league where they’re possibly the top dogs now, top 2 or 3 for sure, don’t have to worry about scheduling as many non conference games as well. Leaving for a league you’re going to finish 3rd or 4th most years, and having to schedule 5 or 6 non conference games. Not sure that’s the direction Portsmouth wants to go in even if the SOC were to finally accept them.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

If this is true, no TVC team should ever schedule Oak Hill. It doesn't say much about the character of a schools leadership when they apply and then back out. What a bunch of crybabies! Willing to stay in the SOC but only if they dont have to play anybody thats any good.

The TVC has seen it all. Cut and Run by Athens and now Apply and Duck by Oak Hill. What a complete joke!

Ohio1979
Riding the Bench

Post by Ohio1979 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:54 pm Lots of chatter about the SOC wanting to add a team/school. Portsmouth makes the most sense, but it won’t happen. You also have to wonder if Portsmouth wants it to happen right now? Travel wise sure it makes sense. However, Portsmouth is imo the top 2 maybe 3 in the OVC now with Ironton out. They’ve shown they can beat Fairland, it’s competitive, they’ve lost but they have beat them. They haven’t been able to beat Gallia often, but they can and I think they will this season. The rest of the teams they beat up on, with the exception of CG who has beat them, and always plays tough. So would they really want to leave a league where they’re possibly the top dogs now, top 2 or 3 for sure, don’t have to worry about scheduling as many non conference games as well. Leaving for a league you’re going to finish 3rd or 4th most years, and having to schedule 5 or 6 non conference games. Not sure that’s the direction Portsmouth wants to go in even if the SOC were to finally accept them.
Fair point, but if you are looking at all sports it would make a lot more sense to be in the SOC

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

According to the enrollment numbers on the OHSAA website Minford, Northwest and Oakhill all have more male students than West. West still competes with the likes of Waverly and Wheelersburg so I don't understand Oakhill and Northwest not wanting to play in the SOC as it is now.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

sparky wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:46 pm According to the enrollment numbers on the OHSAA website Minford, Northwest and Oakhill all have more male students than West. West still competes with the likes of Waverly and Wheelersburg so I don't understand Oakhill and Northwest not wanting to play in the SOC as it is now.

West has a really good culture imo that has lead them to compete with the likes of Burg and Waverly. Wish some teams would just take the MAC approach and playin in a competitive conference and have good solid games where you’ll likely play teams better than first and second round playoff match ups

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Oak Hill absolutely finessed the TVC and SOC!! :lol: :lol:

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Has the Oak Hill Board voted? I thought the vote was scheduled for April 23rd?@

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

GRFan wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:19 pm Has the Oak Hill Board voted? I thought the vote was scheduled for April 23rd?@
It was last night. The VC meeting is the 23rd.

Bmoc313
Waterboy

Post by Bmoc313 »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:28 pm Oak Hill absolutely finessed the TVC and SOC!! :lol: :lol:
I don’t know what the plan for Oak Hill was but they are still in the same spot as they were when they started talking to the TVC. All of the 3 divisions in football is still just talk. They still are with the 3 Ws and will be unless they get that other team to come in.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:27 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:44 am So basically Oak Hill only applied to TVC to get SOC to fold to their demands? Well played Oak Hill, well played.*
Sounds like that may have been the plan! 😆
You had them and Northwest crying over the same thing. I don’t blame them at all but seems like they put the cart before the horse in this scenario.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:39 pm
sparky wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:46 pm According to the enrollment numbers on the OHSAA website Minford, Northwest and Oakhill all have more male students than West. West still competes with the likes of Waverly and Wheelersburg so I don't understand Oakhill and Northwest not wanting to play in the SOC as it is now.

West has a really good culture imo that has lead them to compete with the likes of Burg and Waverly. Wish some teams would just take the MAC approach and playin in a competitive conference and have good solid games where you’ll likely play teams better than first and second round playoff match ups
Gotta be competitive to play in a division to be competitive and make you better.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Oak Hill should change their mascot to the "Cowardly Lions" . To skeert to join the TVC so they cut and ran.

Ohio1979
Riding the Bench

Post by Ohio1979 »

MarauderMadness wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:26 am Oak Hill should change their mascot to the "Cowardly Lions" . To skeert to join the TVC so they cut and ran.
Every team in the SOC would love to have Meigs on the schedule. SOC 1 included

Return to “Football”