Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Re: *Breaking* Oak Hill Officially Petitions TVC for Membership

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Howard Cosell wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:13 pm
GoBucks1047 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:04 pm I could see the TVC Ohio merge with TSL after adding Oak Hill.

TVC Ohio North/East:
Alexander
Athens
Nelsonville-York
Fort Frye
Marietta
Warren

TVC Ohio South/West:
Meigs
Point Pleasant
River Valley
Oak Hill
Vinton County
Wellston

Could see in olympic sports split into 4 pods of 3 to limit travel, but allow teams to still play others twice if desired and play 14 conference games.
Hey dummy! You only play ten games in football
Was thinking about olympic sports. I thought playing round robin in football inside your division (5 of your 10 games) was clear. Your crossover schedule can be whoever you want, if anybody (no requirements).

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:08 am Fort Frye or Warren would have been more exciting additions.
What if I told you there was a way Nelsonville-York could play in the same league as BOTH Fort Frye and Warren without having to get the rest of the TVC on board? :D

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

pioneer19 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:00 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:08 am Fort Frye or Warren would have been more exciting additions.
What if I told you there was a way Nelsonville-York could play in the same league as BOTH Fort Frye and Warren without having to get the rest of the TVC on board? :D
Spill the tea

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

GoBucks1047 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:51 pm
Howard Cosell wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:13 pm
GoBucks1047 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:04 pm I could see the TVC Ohio merge with TSL after adding Oak Hill.

TVC Ohio North/East:
Alexander
Athens
Nelsonville-York
Fort Frye
Marietta
Warren

TVC Ohio South/West:
Meigs
Point Pleasant
River Valley
Oak Hill
Vinton County
Wellston

Could see in olympic sports split into 4 pods of 3 to limit travel, but allow teams to still play others twice if desired and play 14 conference games.
Hey dummy! You only play ten games in football
Was thinking about olympic sports. I thought playing round robin in football inside your division (5 of your 10 games) was clear. Your crossover schedule can be whoever you want, if anybody (no requirements).
I’m not sure you’ll see the TVC absorb the tsl. The seoal begged and the TVC said no. I’d imagine the same would happen to the tsl. Especially after the new league has tried to poach some TVC members.

With the addition (nearly complete) of Oak Hill to make an even number of schools, I doubt the TVC does anything else minus adding back Miller if they were interested.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

pioneer19 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:00 pm
NY was 3rd in the TVC Ohio last year. I doubt they would make a move to a league where they would most likely have finished last. Take into account that most other sports are mediocre at best for NY. I don’t see that happening.

slayter
Riding the Bench

Post by slayter »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:08 am Really hard to get excited about this. Just like when River Valley was added. Eh.

At least they have nice facilities, I guess.

Fort Frye or Warren would have been more exciting additions.

I expect Oak Hill gets the votes. I don't think NY has ever voted NO to anyone who applied to the TVC that I can recall.

I just hope that Oak Hill and River Valley aren't home games in the same season. What a crappy home schedule that will be if so.
Do Hocking schools get to vote too? If so I think eastern/souther are yes votes because the ultimate goal is river valley and oak hill to the Hocking( SVAC)

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

slayter wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:50 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:08 am Really hard to get excited about this. Just like when River Valley was added. Eh.

I expect Oak Hill gets the votes. I don't think NY has ever voted NO to anyone who applied to the TVC that I can recall.

I just hope that Oak Hill and River Valley aren't home games in the same season. What a crappy home schedule that will be if so.
Do Hocking schools get to vote too? If so I think eastern/souther are yes votes because the ultimate goal is river valley and oak hill to the Hocking( SVAC)
Yes. Both divisions will be voting.

Buck Nut
Freshman Team

Post by Buck Nut »

While I would love NY to play Fort and or Warren every year, it will not happen. NY will not leave the TVC.

Other sports at NY being mediocre at best is a bit of an unfair statement. Our girls programs have been really good as of late. Volleyball especially, with league titles and competing on a district level. Girls basketball has been doing very well, a bit down this year. The boys basketball program, which I think we all can admit that it’s been pretty bad, is in a much better shape. Not to mention our wrestling program.. while it is not producing multiple state placers like it has in the past, it is on the up and up again, especially at the Jr High level and there are a lot of talented athletes coming up that I believe will be state placers. As for football, the tradition will continue. The freshman class that is coming in is very good, and we return a pretty good amount of starters from last years team.

As for the Oaks, I don’t see how they don’t get the votes. Hopefully they can get their numbers up and do not have to cancel any games.

Go Bucks!!
Buck Nut
Freshman Team

Post by Buck Nut »

I think they will be home games in the same season. As of now week 4 and 5 are on the road. Week 5 is the only spot Oak Hill could go. If they start leauge play in 2024 we will be at River Valley and then at Oak Hill. 2025 we will be home against River Valley and home against Oak Hill. It appears the Waterford series scheduled for 2024 and 2025 will not happen. Schedule should look like:

Scrimmage: Gallia Academy
Wk 1: Trimble
Wk 2: Logan
Wk 3: Liberty Union
Wk 4: @ River Valley
Wk 5: @ Oak Hill
Wk 6: Meigs
Wk 7: @ Wellston
Wk 8: Alexander
Wk 9: @ Vinton County
Wk 10: Athens

Go Bucks!!
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Dundas wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:37 pm NY was 3rd in the TVC Ohio last year. I doubt they would make a move to a league where they would most likely have finished last. Take into account that most other sports are mediocre at best for NY. I don’t see that happening.
NY might have finished third last year, but NY won the TVC 50% of the time the last half century. Everyone else combined won the other 50%.

Tell NY wrestling with its multiple state champion wrestlers that it is mediocre at best.

NY has more TVC championships across the board than most other schools do. Just compare the banners in the gymnasiums and start counting.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:52 pm
Dundas wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:37 pm NY was 3rd in the TVC Ohio last year. I doubt they would make a move to a league where they would most likely have finished last. Take into account that most other sports are mediocre at best for NY. I don’t see that happening.
NY might have finished third last year, but NY won the TVC 50% of the time the last half century. Everyone else combined won the other 50%.

Tell NY wrestling with its multiple state champion wrestlers that it is mediocre at best.

NY has more TVC championships across the board than most other schools do. Just compare the banners in the gymnasiums and start counting.

Calm down NY fans! We all know that the football program has won the most titles. We know the wrestling program has sent kids to the state tournament in the past. We know the girls basketball team was great before the last couple of years. We know the current boys basketball team is the best they’ve had in 20 years. Maybe more. Again, everything you have stated just reaffirms my statement. No one is doubting the great accomplishments of your student athletes. The fact is, NY is a hocking school playing in the Ohio division merely for the fact that they compete in football. NY wants no part of playing Marietta, Fort Frye, Warren and Point Pleasant in every sport year after year. Let’s not act like NY is willing to do whatever just because they have had a great run in one sport. Let’s not forget, NY left the SEOAL. If they were willing to play anyone, they probably wouldn’t have left that league in the first place.

If the buckeye fans think they are truly greater than Oak Hill, River Valley and the rest of the TVC, maybe you should challenge yourselves and make the jump.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Would Oak Hill even compete for TVC Championships in any sport or will they be another River Valley? How many years now has River Valley been in the TVC? I don't think they have won 1 conference championship in any sport. I would say they are like Rutgers in the Big Ten, but even Rutgers now has a couple Big Ten championships in Olympic sports, so I can't even make that comparison now.

Bump River Valley down to the Hocking and the Ohio has an even number of schools again. No need to add Oak Hill.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:54 pm Would Oak Hill even compete for TVC Championships in any sport or will they be another River Valley? How many years now has River Valley been in the TVC? I don't think they have won 1 conference championship in any sport. I would say they are like Rutgers in the Big Ten, but even Rutgers now has a couple Big Ten championships in Olympic sports, so I can't even make that comparison now.

Bump River Valley down to the Hocking and the Ohio has an even number of schools again. No need to add Oak Hill.
Can’t do that because the talk of adding Warren would resurface and everyone knows VC does not want that.

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Oak Hill will get in if for no ther reasons than the divisions need even numbers. Plus Oak Hill has turf. Fart Frye didn’t get in because they play in a pasture field. Same reasoning for not taking GA. Who wants to be required to play on a field that smells like a popcorn fart?

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

It’s also why nobody wants Trimble in the Ohio. That field is a cesspool. If we play our cards right and let Warren in, VC will leave and then we will have nothing but turf in the Ohio. RV will have to move down but I am sure the Hocking schools will be thankful for the easy win every year.

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

Gecko wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:15 am It’s also why nobody wants Trimble in the Ohio. That field is a cesspool. If we play our cards right and let Warren in, VC will leave and then we will have nothing but turf in the Ohio. RV will have to move down but I am sure the Hocking schools will be thankful for the easy win every year.
May I ask why VC does not want Warren? Thanks in advance.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

tigercat74 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:12 am
Gecko wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:15 am It’s also why nobody wants Trimble in the Ohio. That field is a cesspool. If we play our cards right and let Warren in, VC will leave and then we will have nothing but turf in the Ohio. RV will have to move down but I am sure the Hocking schools will be thankful for the easy win every year.
May I ask why VC does not want Warren? Thanks in advance.
I wonder too. I keep reading on here how Viking nation doesnt want anything to do with Warren. I think its something to do with Combs being the Superintendent.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Because vinton county can’t compete with Warren

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Vinton Co dont warren back because they carped on us 30 years ago plus we dont need Warren basketball beating us

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Super trooper wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:31 pm Because vinton county can’t compete with Warren
Exactly. But they know Oak Hill will be a doormat so you’ll see the VC people on here saying how great it is to get them in.

Return to “Football”