Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

eagle25
JV Team

Re: *Breaking* Oak Hill Officially Petitions TVC for Membership

Post by eagle25 »

Buck Nut wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:42 am
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:05 am Any updates? Is this dead in the water? It's been 3 months since the original post.
Hopefully dead in the water but I doubt that’s the case.
Seems like the only people on here wanting this is VC people. I guess they want another easy win. :mrgreen:

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Vote to take place next week

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

eagle25 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:07 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:05 am Any updates? Is this dead in the water? It's been 3 months since the original post.
Seems like the only people on here wanting this is VC people. I guess they want another easy win. :mrgreen:
I’d imagine that RV (week 10), Alexander (week 9), Meigs (week 8), VC (week 7), Athens (week 6) would all love to not worry about finding a late non conference matchup year in and year out. Oak Hill borders RV and Wellston school districts and has great facilities. Not sure why they wouldn’t be considered as an 8th member. If VC wanted an easy win by playing Oak Hill, why wouldn’t they have them on their non conference schedule already?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

NY and Oak Hill had a 4 year contract from 2019-2022. NY voluntarily played the Oaks recently but you don’t want them in the conference now? It wasn’t many years ago that oak hill was winning playoff games. They’ll be back and they will be a good addition to the TVC.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Dundas wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:49 am NY and Oak Hill had a 4 year contract from 2019-2022. NY voluntarily played the Oaks recently but you don’t want them in the conference now? It wasn’t many years ago that oak hill was winning playoff games. They’ll be back and they will be a good addition to the TVC.
It's one thing to randomly play a team in nonconference because no one else had open dates, but it's quite another to be forced to play a team that is bad and doesn't bring fans with them to road games year in and year out.

Heaven help the home attendance of the teams who play River Valley and Oak Hill at home in the same season.

With the expanded playoffs, no one even needs another guaranteed win, so this is kind of pointless. Maybe we can talk Oak Hill and River Valley into reforming the SVAC instead?

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Oak Hill is in they will be leaving the SOC. That leaves Room for River Valley to make the jump to the SOC like they have been wanting to.

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:15 am Oak Hill is in they will be leaving the SOC. That leaves Room for River Valley to make the jump to the SOC like they have been wanting to.
Who wants River Valley in the SOC?

What do they bring to the conference?

What division would they be in?

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

2 and have to be more competitive than OH has been surely

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:48 pm 2 and have to be more competitive than OH has been surely
Since 2019 Oak Hill has won 9 games including 2 against TVC Ohio teams. River Valley has won 10 games since 2019 and has 3 TVC Ohio wins.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

Need to get Oak Hill in along with Rock Hill or some other doormat. Then get NY and Athens to leave. I bet if that happens VC can get a three peat and then everyone will envy them.

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Dundas wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:06 pm
Lovehoops1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:48 pm 2 and have to be more competitive than OH has been surely
I was talking all sports my fault for not stating that

Since 2019 Oak Hill has won 9 games including 2 against TVC Ohio teams. River Valley has won 10 games since 2019 and has 3 TVC Ohio wins.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:03 am

Since OH moved to the SOC big division in 2019 I would agree with you. Which is why they want out and the TVC is a softer landing spot for them to rebuild. From the mid 00’s-2019 though, Oak Hill has been dominant in each sport at different times. I think OH to the TVC Ohio would allow them to rebuild in a few years and be competitive again. RV has just never really found consistency in any conference they’ve been aligned with.

Bmoc616
Riding the Bench

Post by Bmoc616 »

Dundas wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:38 am
Lovehoops1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:03 am

Since OH moved to the SOC big division in 2019 I would agree with you. Which is why they want out and the TVC is a softer landing spot for them to rebuild. From the mid 00’s-2019 though, Oak Hill has been dominant in each sport at different times. I think OH to the TVC Ohio would allow them to rebuild in a few years and be competitive again. RV has just never really found consistency in any conference they’ve been aligned with.
You get away from the 3 Ws but still get beat on by VC, NY, & Athens. Doesn't do much for them in other sports b/c they are already in the middle division in the SOC. I get that it is football driven but I just think it is a lateral move for them. As for RV, I don't think it matters what conference they are in. It will be hard for them to be competitive most year just b/c of their enrollment size vs their athletic resources.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Oak Hill has a rich sports history. I believe they will come back if accepted in TVC Ohio. It is not about Vinton County.
Oak Hill does travel well at least from my experience.

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

If River Valley leaves , add Oak Hill and Jackson.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Jackson Football wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:00 pm If River Valley leaves , add Oak Hill and Jackson.
Why would Jackson want to play TVC schools ?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:01 pm
Jackson Football wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:00 pm If River Valley leaves , add Oak Hill and Jackson.
The travel would be closer but there’s no way it would help Jackson’s football program playing in the TVC. The rest of the sports would be a great fit imo though.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

Well, a certain poster claims that they envy VC, so maybe they want to join them? :mrgreen:

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Old Shorts wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:13 pm
Well, a certain poster claims that they envy VC, so maybe they want to join them? :mrgreen:
Why would anyone envy VC?

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Oak Hill will be much better off in the TVC than SOC2 for football. Oak Hill hasn’t necessarily played TVC schools much in their 105 year history of football but here’s a little comparison for the 3 W’s, how Oak Hill has fared against them, and how Athens, N-Y, and VC has fared. Solely for comparison purposes.

Oak Hill-
Vs. Wheelersburg: 9-18-1
Vs. West: 6-5
Vs. Waverly: 6-13
Total: 21-36-1

Athens-
Vs. Burg: 0-0
Vs. West: 0-0
Vs. Waverly: 14-15
Total: 14-15

N-Y-
Vs. Burg: 2-3
Vs. West: 2-4
Vs. Waverly: 1-1
Total: 5-8

VC-
Vs. Burg: 0-1
Vs. West: 0-2
Vs. Waverly: 1-7
Total: 1-10

I think that this is a good move for Oak Hill in terms of competitiveness. There will be years where they beat Alexander, Meigs, River Valley, and Wellston. There will be years where they compete for a conference championship. There’s also going to be years where they’ll go 3-7, or 4-6. My point is this: it’s much better to look at a schedule and to be able to tell a community and team that you stand a fighting chance to be competitive rather than automatically looking at 3 or 4 conference losses every year. I think in the long run, it’ll help out Oak Hill and the TVC.

Even when Oak Hill had really good teams, they still struggled against Burg and Minford. I think that it’ll be even more beneficial in baseball and basketball.

Return to “Football”