Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Re: Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

So what has happened? Will the position be posted or not?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:07 pm So what has happened? Will the position be posted or not?
I watched a little bit of the video. It sounds like because the superintendent didn’t give the go ahead on the renewal, the board of education now has to vote 4-1 to keep the coach instead of a simple 3 vote majority. Not sure when the next board meeting is but if it’s in May and they vote no, that leaves little time to find a replacement. If the search begins in the middle of May and takes at least 3 weeks, you’ll have a new coach with literally weeks to implement their changes and begin the season. Not a good situation. Hopefully the board votes yes and he can continue on with the rebuild.

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Post by GrumpyPundit »

I know Oak Hill is down in football, but I’m sure there are some athletes in the building. I wonder if any will transfer out instead of not playing? I get loyalty, but boys only get 4 years to play football.
Last edited by GrumpyPundit on Sat May 04, 2024 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Dumpster fire

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

LoyalOak wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:31 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:20 pm
LoyalOak wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:39 pm I hadn’t seen anything about the whole tvc/soc thing outside of this forum so idk if that even had anything to do with his job.
It was, just heard from some sources that superintendent and coach were butting heads on things. Apparently the coach was pushing the TVC move and after talks with super a comment was made he wouldn’t hire him anyways for not supporting him. Crazy stuff and honestly the coach is right for football TVC was 💯 the right move and still is if it’s still even an option
I’d heard they’d always butted heads anyways because of him pushing for better everything you’d want in a football program. Then I’m assuming the conference stuff made it worse. Then I seen a couple parents went to super recently saying typical “he’s too hard on my kids bs” and he used that as the excuse to fire him.
There has to be more sides besides the "coach did everything right" to this story. Wasn't OH 2`26 in the last 3 yrs or something like that? And how many teams do you see "cancel" the season in the mid season? Something is amiss here.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Superintendent has butted heads with administrators or coaches at every place he’s been at. Made tougher now that he is the big dog administrator. Dumpster fire for sure how many coaches now over the last 4 years?? 3? The issue goes farther than just coaches

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

The Oak Hill Community had better push back hard on this one. The coach may not be perfect, but he has support and intent. Parents with kids who are 5 years away from having there kids playing football in Oak Hill had better STEP UP NOW. This dumpster fire has turned into an inferno! The funny thing is this: ONE PERSON lead into Oak Hill being in this situation, and now everyone is going to let ONE PERSON, finish it off ?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

gator81 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:22 am The Oak Hill Community had better push back hard on this one. The coach may not be perfect, but he has support and intent. Parents with kids who are 5 years away from having there kids playing football in Oak Hill had better STEP UP NOW. This dumpster fire has turned into an inferno! The funny thing is this: ONE PERSON lead into Oak Hill being in this situation, and now everyone is going to let ONE PERSON, finish it off ?
Yep, it’ll be interesting if this unfolds as to who transfers where and who doesn’t play.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

A lot of crazy stuff around OH with this one, looks like he’s still currently the coach however the Super wasn’t going to back him to the board to renew. Now it’s up to the board at the next meeting to make a decision. Depending on who you talk to the guy is either liked or disliked by the community. As ladyoak has says earlier he’s done a lot for kids but some will complain he’s this if that with the players. My thing with it if you’re having this type of internal issues I don’t see how you can continue with the coach. Just don’t see how there can be a good working relationship especially when I’ve been told the coach does have a tendency to do his own thing without checking with those above him.

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

There is an excellent football program just a few miles up the road. Seems like an easy choice for serious players.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Larry Fine wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:51 pm There is an excellent football program just a few miles up the road. Seems like an easy choice for serious players.
Wellston?

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Yes, Oak Hill has been 2-26 the last three years. However, if you have a large portion of your community and football team supporting that type of record, you have to be doing something right. We’re talking about a guy who’s the Head Coach in Football, Asst. Coach with varsity basketball, Junior High Baseball Coach, and educator. From the outside looking in, he’s wanting to build something Oak Hill hasn’t ever had in Football; a program.

A really good example of building a program is Matt Hoops at Unioto. His first three years as a basketball coach they won a total of 16 games. Then, it all started coming together. Could it be a vendetta with the superintendent? Maybe. You can’t expect someone to build something overnight and it to be an entire overhaul. I know this much: if a community is supporting a coach with that record, you better keep him because he’s doing something right.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Telegram news for Jackson has an article where the superintendent addressed the things that are going on. He was very political in his statements but you can basically see that he has zero interest in keep the coach.

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:25 am Yes, Oak Hill has been 2-26 the last three years. However, if you have a large portion of your community and football team supporting that type of record, you have to be doing something right. We’re talking about a guy who’s the Head Coach in Football, Asst. Coach with varsity basketball, Junior High Baseball Coach, and educator. From the outside looking in, he’s wanting to build something Oak Hill hasn’t ever had in Football; a program.

A really good example of building a program is Matt Hoops at Unioto. His first three years as a basketball coach they won a total of 16 games. Then, it all started coming together. Could it be a vendetta with the superintendent? Maybe. You can’t expect someone to build something overnight and it to be an entire overhaul. I know this much: if a community is supporting a coach with that record, you better keep him because he’s doing something right.
I don't understand canceling a season. Sure doesn't seem like "building" is going where the kids don't even get to play.

LoyalOak
Waterboy

Post by LoyalOak »

greygoose wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:53 am Telegram news for Jackson has an article where the superintendent addressed the things that are going on. He was very political in his statements but you can basically see that he has zero interest in keep the coach.
He has no interest but the school board works for the community not him. If they enjoy their positions they better vote the right way. The superintendent is definitely guilty if you’re feeling so upset that you have to defend yourself against the entire community rather than just let people talk. If he actually had an argument he would have put out “truth” rather than just defend himself like a teenager running the Facebook account.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

I read it… first off what person in their right mind makes a decision to non-renew a football coach this late in the offseason. Sounds like people need to be asking this question to him. Oak Hill will be at the bottom of the SOC until they allow someone to change the culture. It looks like Coach Kratz could be that guy. Not only was he the head football coach, supervising off season workouts, but also an assistant basketball coach and the Jr. High Baseball coach. That takes a lot of commitment and it shows he wants to connect with athletes, especially trying to get to know the younger athletes he will be coaching in the future.

The statement was no better than hearing from a politician. The fact it took time to come out shows it was probably heavily vetted (or not even written by the superintendent at all). Sounds like some people are in control behind the scenes and are really twisting the screws on this one.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

OVC wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:34 pm I read it… first off what person in their right mind makes a decision to non-renew a football coach this late in the offseason. Sounds like people need to be asking this question to him. Oak Hill will be at the bottom of the SOC until they allow someone to change the culture. It looks like Coach Kratz could be that guy. Not only was he the head football coach, supervising off season workouts, but also an assistant basketball coach and the Jr. High Baseball coach. That takes a lot of commitment and it shows he wants to connect with athletes, especially trying to get to know the younger athletes he will be coaching in the future.

The statement was no better than hearing from a politician. The fact it took time to come out shows it was probably heavily vetted (or not even written by the superintendent at all). Sounds like some people are in control behind the scenes and are really twisting the screws on this one.
Who would that be?? Kratz wanted to move the team to the TVC plus last year he was working on finding teams to play behind the scenes. Board member I’ve heard from said until all of this popped up they had every intention of bringing him back and now it’s one big mess. With some groups saying great guy gotta keep him and others saying to harsh and dislike the guy. No one is behind any scenes for super that’s not his style.

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

Those parents complaining he’s too hard on kids need to find out if there’s a successful football program in the state where the coach isn’t hard on his players?

Oaks also need to ask themselves… does Coach Kratz even want to be there after all this?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Thank God the TVC didn’t get Oak Hill. That’s the SOC’s problem for life now :lol:

Return to “Football”