Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

Dundas
SEOPS

Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

Post by Dundas »

Oak Hill has reached out to the TVC for possible admission.

It is my understanding that the TVC will vote to invite Oak Hill formally and once the Oaks accept the invitation, a vote of admittance will then take place. I am unsure on when the next TVC meeting is but this will be a topic of discussion. Oak Hill to the TVC could happen sooner rather than later.
Last edited by Dundas on Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

art_vandelay
SE

Re: *Breaking* Oak Hill TVC Discussions

Post by art_vandelay »

Hate to see Oak Hill leaving SOC, but it the right move for everyone involved. Oak Hill can be competitive in TVC in all sports in a relatively short time.*

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

long time coming

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Good for OH. Do what is best for your student athletes. Traditions are made to be broken, unless it is for arbitrary transfers without consequences. (Greygoose ) :D

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Oak Hill has been in multiple Conferences over the years:

Big Six League: 1933-1938

Southeastern Buckeye League: 1947-1948

OVC: 1954-1984

SVAC: 1986-1991

SOC: 1992-Current
SOC1 for Football: 1992-2018
SOC2 for Football: 2019-Current

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Slam dunk move once the SOC stayed for 2 divisions in football. If Northwest goes somewhere, SOC will need to make some sort of a move. I just don’t see where Northwest goes.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

TigerBob wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:06 am Slam dunk move once the SOC stayed for 2 divisions in football. If Northwest goes somewhere, SOC will need to make some sort of a move. I just don’t see where Northwest goes.
Not sure of the SOC will or not, SOC 2 played multiple years without OH and NW in it while they were on SOC1. I think your last question is the big one where can NW go?? TVC simply too far of drives, SVC already with 8 teams they’d have to find another team and try for a split don’t see SVC going for that, OVC?? They lost Ironton in football only not sure that’s enough incentive plus that’s a good drive for every game but seems that might be their best option.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

FIDO wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:55 am Good for OH. Do what is best for your student athletes. Traditions are made to be broken, unless it is for arbitrary transfers without consequences. (Greygoose ) :D
Dang man, I’m living rent free in that head of yours. I seen this and wondered what is this guy talking about. Had to research it but glad you think of it daily :lol: :lol:

Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench

Post by Leave No Doubt »

Well I have it almost done. If I can find three more teams I can get Southern away from playing Trimble. Let those TVC titles start piling up.

LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!
Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Leave No Doubt wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:09 am Well I have it almost done. If I can find three more teams I can get Southern away from playing Trimble. Let those TVC titles start piling up.
When are you going to spring it on the Ohio Division schools that Warren is in your plans? A few of them are terrified of the possibility of Warren getting back in. Not to mention Jackson LOL.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

Dundas wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:33 pm Oak Hill has reached out to the TVC for possible admission.

It is my understanding that the TVC will vote to invite Oak Hill formally and once the Oaks accept the invitation, a vote of admittance will then take place. I am unsure on when the next TVC meeting is but this will be a topic of discussion. Oak Hill to the TVC could happen sooner rather than later.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Thank goodness! They won’t be missed.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

It makes sense for Oak Hill to join TVC. Longest trip will Nelsonville York. Natural rivals with Wellston, River Valley, and VC. Oak Hill has great facilities. I hope it works out.

Buck Nut
Freshman Team

Post by Buck Nut »

Not really to excited about this.. guess at least there will be even number if they get voted in.

Go Bucks!!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Buck Nut wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:15 pm Not really to excited about this.. guess at least there will be even number if they get voted in.
Why’s that??

This is great for OH if they can get accepted and I really don’t see any reason why TVC wouldn’t welcome them with open arms. Been saying it for years finally might happen

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

My question is Athens. What do they do if Oak Hill is admitted to the TVC. Athens is already playing the weakest schedule of any division 3 school in
the state. Now you are talking about adding another division 6 school in Oak Hill with subpar athletic programs to the schedule.

Buck Nut
Freshman Team

Post by Buck Nut »

greygoose wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:56 pm
Buck Nut wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:15 pm Not really to excited about this.. guess at least there will be even number if they get voted in.
Why’s that??

This is great for OH if they can get accepted and I really don’t see any reason why TVC wouldn’t welcome them with open arms. Been saying it for years finally might happen
Just think we have had better options that has been turned away by the conference. From Oak Hills side this would be a much better fit, would hopefully help build numbers back up in their program. I do enjoy their field and concession stand.

Go Bucks!!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Vegeta wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:58 pm My question is Athens. What do they do if Oak Hill is admitted to the TVC. Athens is already playing the weakest schedule of any division 3 school in
the state. Now you are talking about adding another division 6 school in Oak Hill with subpar athletic programs to the schedule.
Stay in the TVC. Gallia also plays a terrible schedule in D4. It’s just part of being in SEO.

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:54 pm
Vegeta wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:58 pm My question is Athens. What do they do if Oak Hill is admitted to the TVC. Athens is already playing the weakest schedule of any division 3 school in
Stay in the TVC. Gallia also plays a terrible schedule in D4. It’s just part of being in SEO.
Really? You are comparing Gallia's schedule to Athens? The school that purposely blew up the SEOAL so they could play in a league with schools 2 and 3 divisions smaller than them. The OVC is the best area league available to Gallia. Yes, Gallia is the largest school, but there isn't much separation in enrollments from top to bottom.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vegeta wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:28 am
Really? You are comparing Gallia's schedule to Athens? The school that purposely blew up the SEOAL so they could play in a league with schools 2 and 3 divisions smaller than them. The OVC is the best area league available to Gallia. Yes, Gallia is the largest school, but there isn't much separation in enrollments from top to bottom.
When Athens left the seoal, the conference consisted of..

Jackson
Logan
Zanesville
Warren
Marietta
Chillicothe
Portsmouth
Ironton
Gallia Academy

Not sure how Athens leaving that group blew it up..

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vegeta wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:28 am
Gallia will stay in the OVC now that Ironton is pulling out in football. Had they stayed, I’m sure Gallia would’ve looked to the TVC. With Oak Hill coming (rumor) I don’t see the TVC looking for anyone else minus a hocking oriented school like Miller.

Return to “Football”