Gallia Academy 2024

osu 77
All State

Re: GA football

Post by osu 77 »

RBH23 wrote: ā†‘Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:55 pm
OVC wrote: ā†‘Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:23 pm
JChipwood wrote: ā†‘Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:51 am School bd member told me an asset coach told the team at halftime they were playing like a bunch of 9u33ies. This specific person had a grandson on the team that took offense to that statement and told his mom. May have been other strikes but this individuals axe to grind was based upon that one statement. Donā€™t know the whole story but I do know that to be a fact.
This generation couldnā€™t play for Coach Bob Lutzā€¦.
Or Ed Millerā€¦. Hell, I think a pee-wee coach once said that to us at halftime.

If I would have went home and said ā€œmom, the coach said we were playing like a bunch of 9i33iesā€, two things would have happened:
1) My mom and dad both would have ripped my ass for being a tattle tell.
2) They probably would have agreed with the coach and said ā€œyou are playing likeā€¦ā€

Plus, the other players on the team, if they found out, would have had a few things to say to me as well. That stuff stays in the locker room. Period!

No idea how some of these kids are going to make it through life if being called a 9u33y sets them off.

I agree with you 100 percent no thick skin on these kids!

Good grief!!!

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Jimbob2023 wrote: ā†‘Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:03 pm Heard there was an issue of drinking with kids in the car. Any truth to that? Was there an arrest in Jackson?
What is is with GA coaches and Jackson? I think I remember someone taking a pee off the back of the stadium.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

JChipwood wrote: ā†‘Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:51 am School bd member told me an asset coach told the team at halftime they were playing like a bunch of 9u33ies. This specific person had a grandson on the team that took offense to that statement and told his mom. May have been other strikes but this individuals axe to grind was based upon that one statement. Donā€™t know the whole story but I do know that to be a fact.
Isnā€™t it strange how two different schools in that county handle things. At GA they call you one and at RV they give you some.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Baldeagle wrote: ā†‘Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:57 am
Isnā€™t it strange how two different schools in that county handle things. At GA they call you one and at RV they give you some.
Well, if we're being serious, RV was giving something a little different than the clam šŸ¤£ and dude acts like he's this big family man. Hypocritical, holier than thou, should probably be in jail. Ain't small town politics a beautiful thing? /s

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

šŸ‘šŸ’° that's sad but true.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Donā€™t blame Coach Carter for a multitude of reasons:
Better Pay
Larger School
Better Playoff History
Not having to deal with keeping certain people happy
And, better talent with better facilities/amenities.

GA needs a new field. Period.
They need to also realize that this isnā€™t the same school district as when was in the SEOAL. Their city has lost nearly 40% of its population in 60 years.
He still went 18-5 in two years, which a very respectable record and went 2-2 in the playoffs.
When a community tries to only keep certain people happy, then everyone else loses out.
I donā€™t know the whole situation but, GA has had and not been able to retain these coaches or is alum that I am aware of:
Rob Woodward-Wheelersburg
Mike Eddy- Logan
Wade Bartholomew- Olentangy and Bloom Carroll
Alex Penrod

All were successful at other schools. GA needs to examine themselves in the mirror and have a healthy self assessment as to why recent retaining of successful coaches isnā€™t happening.

Speedy991
Waterboy

Post by Speedy991 »

Old Shorts wrote: ā†‘Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:57 pm Contact the old fella from SW, SG and RV+ fame. Heā€™s got a whole posse of former players and coaches who will come with him and build a program that the whole county will be proud of. Come on man, itā€™s a no brainer.
Would be awesome to see jack james coaching one more time with a bigger school. And bring some old faces around with him. Lord knows he has an arsenal of coaches that he coached.

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

What about Jared McClellan as HC? Solid guy and already coaches there.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

This will get interesting, will the the new Coach unpack his bags ā“it might be hard to fine a Go coach

Thegreenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Thegreenwave »

Gator B Long wrote: ā†‘Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:57 pm What about Jared McClellan as HC? Solid guy and already coaches there.
He was the worst offense coordinator they every had a GA. That would be the biggest mistake they could every make. His play book was 3 plays on a post-it note.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Thegreenwave wrote: ā†‘Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:40 pm
Gator B Long wrote: ā†‘Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:57 pm What about Jared McClellan as HC? Solid guy and already coaches there.
He was the worst offense coordinator they every had a GA. That would be the biggest mistake they could every make. His play book was 3 plays on a post-it note.
Yeah and those comments show you know nothing. The playbook doesnā€™t have to be ā€œWar and Peaceā€ to be effective. Maybe the kids at GA then werenā€™t smart enough to learn a bunch of plays. Was your kid on the team? If so, that would make sense.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Jason Vorhees wrote: ā†‘Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:47 am Donā€™t blame Coach Carter for a multitude of reasons:
Better Pay
Larger School
Better Playoff History
Not having to deal with keeping certain people happy
And, better talent with better facilities/amenities.

GA needs a new field. Period.
They need to also realize that this isnā€™t the same school district as when was in the SEOAL. Their city has lost nearly 40% of its population in 60 years.
He still went 18-5 in two years, which a very respectable record and went 2-2 in the playoffs.
When a community tries to only keep certain people happy, then everyone else loses out.
I donā€™t know the whole situation but, GA has had and not been able to retain these coaches or is alum that I am aware of:
Rob Woodward-Wheelersburg
Mike Eddy- Logan
Wade Bartholomew- Olentangy and Bloom Carroll
Alex Penrod

All were successful at other schools. GA needs to examine themselves in the mirror and have a healthy self assessment as to why recent retaining of successful coaches isnā€™t happening.

Completely agree, except for the new field. That has no effect on the culture of the school board and parents/grandparents.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

readaboutit1 wrote: ā†‘Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:09 pm Ron Toler is not a school board member as much as he'd like to think he is. Furthermore, The mom is certifiable and the boy couldn't play for the GDC team.
Referencing coach eddyā€™s removal from the GA job. Not the current situation.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Baldeagle wrote: ā†‘Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:57 am
Lmao. No you didnā€™t just post that!! Lol

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Coach Mac is a good dude and role model. May be the best in house candidate. While a agree we donā€™t need 100 different plays, we would have benefitted running our limited amount of plays out of multiple formations. Or run multiple plays out of the same formation. We had no counter to our sets and opponents knew presnap exactly where the ball was going. Each play has its own formation. Very limited adjustments were made. Mac knows the game and could make those changes easily imo. An example would be when we ran the jet our motion man ran a different line than when we faked the jet. Much different line that was visible in the first cpl steps of the motion. Seems like his strength is RPO and read option based offenses. May not be the most suitable for our current qb who can sling it. I canā€™t see a proven winner from the outside taking the job if they check into why the job is open. But we cannot go back to allowing the kids to be so disrespectful like we had become in 19, 20, and 21 seasons. Just to clarify it was not all of the players but it was too many of them.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Coach Mac is a good dude and role model. May be the best in house candidate. While a agree we donā€™t need 100 different plays, we would have benefitted running our limited amount of plays out of multiple formations. Or run multiple plays out of the same formation. We had no counter to our sets and opponents knew presnap exactly where the ball was going. Each play has its own formation. Very limited adjustments were made. Mac knows the game and could make those changes easily imo. An example would be when we ran the jet our motion man ran a different line than when we faked the jet. Much different line that was visible in the first cpl steps of the motion. Seems like his strength is RPO and read option based offenses. May not be the most suitable for our current qb who can sling it. I canā€™t see a proven winner from the outside taking the job if they check into why the job is open. But we cannot go back to allowing the kids to be so disrespectful like we had become in 19, 20, and 21 seasons. Just to clarify it was not all of the players but it was too many of them.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

You can't read a book by the cover. Or judge.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

GA would be lucky to get Jared McClellan.

Question is: Would he take the job?

He like many others has been put through some tough times by outside the program forces and has had a front row seat to what happens to head coaches.

McClellan is a solid man and a darn good football coach. If he gets the job I'll be excited to see where he can take the Blue Devils.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

deleted
Last edited by GalliaGrad78 on Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thegreenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Thegreenwave »

loganlocos wrote: ā†‘Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:07 am GA would be lucky to get Jared McClellan.

Question is: Would he take the job?

He like many others has been put through some tough times by outside the program forces and has had a front row seat to what happens to head coaches.

McClellan is a solid man and a darn good football coach. If he gets the job I'll be excited to see where he can take the Blue Devils.
He will take them to the bottom!

Return to ā€œFootballā€