Valley football 2024

alabama mike
SE

Re: Valley football 2024

Post by alabama mike »

They were a young team last year and will be better in 2024. Coach Crabtree is doing a good job. The problem with a small school is that numbers (that can play well) run in cycles.

CuckooNest
Riding the Bench

Post by CuckooNest »

Izladoom wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:52 pm
CuckooNest wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:26 am Is enrollment declining in Lucasville? Or is D6 where they will likely be and the years in D5 were an anomaly?
Good chance they end up in d7 eventually
Why? Is enrollment going down? Or everyone else growing and they’re not?

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

I am friends on FB with coach Keller- I believe I saw the rb’s mom commenting that they were excited for the season? Pretty sure it was her?

I know that at least since I graduated from ND in 03’ that they’ve been in the smaller divisions. 6/7

And D5 when there were only 6 divisions.

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

I believe 99% of the talk about Valley players transferring to West were done by someone other than the players themselves. I've posted before wondering what our team would look like if all those players were still here. But it's just a thought. Personally, a kid has only 4 years of high school, let be where they are, quit putting pressure on them to transfer here or there. Just hope they enjoy it.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

CuckooNest wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:56 am
CuckooNest wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:26 am Is enrollment declining in Lucasville? Or is D6 where they will likely be and the years in D5 were an anomaly?
Yes overall enrollment is way down and only getting worse Lucasville is a community made up of older people most of my neighbors have lived in there houses since the 70’s the younger generation move away for jobs we was already one of the smallest teams in d6 and missed the cut I think by a few points

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

Izladoom wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:24 pm
CuckooNest wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:56 am

Yes overall enrollment is way down and only getting worse Lucasville is a community made up of older people most of my neighbors have lived in there houses since the 70’s the younger generation move away for jobs we was already one of the smallest teams in d6 and missed the cut I think by a few points
That’s not true at all according to the enrollment numbers on the OHSAA website. Someone already said Valley was D5 when there were 6 divisions. Now Valley is D6 when there are 7 divisions. As far back as I can find Valley’s division enrollment numbers have been in the 120’s or 130’s. They have been close to D7 a few times but the way it looks, Valley will continue to be a D6 school as long as the breakdowns are the same.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Talking to a couple people the rumors have/had legs.
RB is a good player putting up numbers on a bad team.
QB could be good if he puts the time in.
But for both their meal ticket is baseball. Being the only threat on both sides of the ball for 2 more years makes you much more prone to injury. And the prospects are finishing higher than mid pack or making a tournament run are non existent at Valley. Elsewhere he/they can be complimentary players on a team that could win the league and compete for a Regional Title.

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

Only time will tell. I really think west made a grave mistake not taking him in when they had the chance, very foolish mistake but does not surprise me much. He has good coaching at valley, but the better team is definitely west. It all comes down what he wants and what is really important to him. CP is 100% there because of baseball, quitting basketball all but says he won’t be there for football. baseball will be very good from what I hear?

twoboys-02
Waterboy

Post by twoboys-02 »

The RB is not going to transfer to west he is staying at valley just talked to his dad

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

twoboys-02 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:19 pm The RB is not going to transfer to west he is staying at valley just talked to his dad
We shall see. I guess I don’t blame him if he stays.
He guaranteed to be the star at valley regardless of record lol, but he is all they have. Good luck to the young man, he will definitely need it.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

He is not all they have. Valley will be fine.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

I have said other times I don’t know what to expect from
Valley as far as a record but it would be crazy to think they aren’t better. They improved every week last year, they return everyone, they will be a year stronger and experienced. I know the weight room is packed everyday with Coach Crabtree and Coach Romanello. I’ve seen coach Keller doing morning workouts on Facebook. My kid eats it up. After the one comment on here I looked up Keller’s workouts and the RB’s mom is talking about excited for next year. Valley will still be playing up in division most games but they’re going to win some games.

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

AppleCiderSamuel and the worst side infiltrating the lucasville boys thread sounds like a cry for help. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Pick on a school your own size-looking like my pirates by a million this year

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

HatTrick wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:53 pm AppleCiderSamuel and the worst side infiltrating the lucasville boys thread sounds like a cry for help. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

not desperate at all, just trying to help a fellow sider get back home. we have very good backs. I think the problem is just that, we already 2 great backs and he won’t be the bell cow he will be at valley, but he will make us that much better. It is pretty simple, stay and have a maybe 3 win season and take a beating which is greater potential for injuries or come back to west contend for a SOC title and deep playoff run, all while getting your individual awards. Sounds really easy, but I’m sure they’re hanging on tight and promising him the world over there lol.

keep that same energy until week 10 lol
I see a result similar to 2 yrs ago coming.

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

Battle with burg and muletown for top dog in baseball? And compete for a district ship? Or battle SW for the 4th place SOC mega bowl? All I’m saying is I don’t see any of my community poaching in this thread. As for week 10 Vegas has us @ -10000

Good luck to AppleCiderSamuel and the senators in their times of desperation.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

SiderSammy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:07 am
HatTrick wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:53 pm AppleCiderSamuel and the worst side infiltrating the lucasville boys thread sounds like a cry for help. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

not desperate at all, just trying to help a fellow sider get back home. we have very good backs. I think the problem is just that, we already 2 great backs and he won’t be the bell cow he will be at valley, but he will make us that much better. It is pretty simple, stay and have a maybe 3 win season and take a beating which is greater potential for injuries or come back to west contend for a SOC title and deep playoff run, all while getting your individual awards. Sounds really easy, but I’m sure they’re hanging on tight and promising him the world over there lol.

This chick is delusional

WWE HALL OF FAME
FootballWatch
Waterboy

Post by FootballWatch »

MrPerfect wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:19 pm

This chick is delusional
Even more delusional when you realize the kid originally moved for baseball. He left because of the bad coaching in the junior high and high school level. Only really started getting into football after his freshman year when he started doing his morning workouts with Keller. What if the kid doesn't really care about the glory and actually wants to get better through better coaching? And it's always funny to me how people only see a kid staying at a school for sports reasons when there are 100 other factors that play into things. Talked to the kid and said another reason he's not moving is because of how bad the teachers and overall education are at West. There is overwhelming evidence with how low test scores are at West to prove it. Also said he had a really good friend group at Valley and didn't wanna hangout with kids at West who spend every weekend partying usually. The West Side has only went downhill and he jumped ships when was best needed for himself so you can't really blame him.

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

So why are the rumors that he was going to switch schools in the beginning of last season?? Yes I said it correctly during the season.
Everything with Keller must not have been to peachy eh??
With Basketball finishing up hopefully things will start to materialize and we will see what happens.

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

FootballWatch wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:38 pm
MrPerfect wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:19 pm

This chick is delusional
Even more delusional when you realize the kid originally moved for baseball. He left because of the bad coaching in the junior high and high school level. Only really started getting into football after his freshman year when he started doing his morning workouts with Keller. What if the kid doesn't really care about the glory and actually wants to get better through better coaching? And it's always funny to me how people only see a kid staying at a school for sports reasons when there are 100 other factors that play into things. Talked to the kid and said another reason he's not moving is because of how bad the teachers and overall education are at West. There is overwhelming evidence with how low test scores are at West to prove it. Also said he had a really good friend group at Valley and didn't wanna hangout with kids at West who spend every weekend partying usually. The West Side has only went downhill and he jumped ships when was best needed for himself so you can't really blame him.
Delusional?? :lol: You obviously have no clue what you’re talking about. I mean I’m not up on the Baseball much, But he has been a good Football player since Pee wee and has played every year since. All the other stuff is obviously not an issue because he was going to leave their last year regardless of the season started, What’s really changed in 6 months really?? West does pretty good with math, They beat your Indians and 41-7 that’s by 34 points last year and that’s with some pitty points :lol: Lucky for you Coach is a nice guy lol.
You people keep holding on tight over there and keep promising him the world.
Hopefully he can once again see through the BS.

Valley91
Waterboy

Post by Valley91 »

Are you calling at most two playoff games a deep playoff run? Because that’s all west averages at best.

Return to “Football”