Zanesville job

MVLfan
Waterboy

Zanesville job

Post by MVLfan »

Zanesville is looking for a new head coach. Did Coach Langermeier step down or is he moving onto bigger and better things?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Zanesville job

Post by EasternDspy »

Kid didn’t last to long.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

MVLfan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:04 pm Zanesville is looking for a new head coach. Did Coach Langermeier step down or is he moving onto bigger and better things?
I heard there was frustration with the participation and buy in from the kids. Idk if thats the real reason or not, cut loose now before your stress levels go to high!!

I live on the outskirts of Zanesville. The town and school are rough in terms of school culture and pride in it. I believe they had to cancel a girls sport last year because of low numbers.... Softball i believe? A school that size should never have to do that! They're losing coaches left and right. I think schools like West M and Maysville should benefit.

It's going to be a tough job.... I thought Chad Grandstaff was the only person for it. Going to have to be a Zanesville guy inside and out.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Play60Football wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:10 am
MVLfan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:04 pm Zanesville is looking for a new head coach. Did Coach Langermeier step down or is he moving onto bigger and better things?
I heard there was frustration with the participation and buy in from the kids. Idk if thats the real reason or not, cut loose now before your stress levels go to high!!

I live on the outskirts of Zanesville. The town and school are rough in terms of school culture and pride in it. I believe they had to cancel a girls sport last year because of low numbers.... Softball i believe? A school that size should never have to do that! They're losing coaches left and right. I think schools like West M and Maysville should benefit.

It's going to be a tough job.... I thought Chad Grandstaff was the only person for it. Going to have to be a Zanesville guy inside and out.
and they are now paying for losing Grandstaff

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Maybe they could get Dave Everson back? He was the DC for several years and had a lot of success at Zanesville.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

I'm sure they WANT Nate Brownrigg at West M, but he'd be crazy to leave West right now for that Zanesville job. He was the OC under Grandstaff before taking the West job and has done one of the best turn arounds in the state the last few years.

MVLfan
Waterboy

Post by MVLfan »

Brownrigg is a very smart coach. Leaving what he has built at West M for Zanesville would not be a smart decision. Zanesville certainly is a bigger school, but roster wise West has more guys out. West facilities are all newer and continuing to improve. Competition wise the small school MVL teams are much better competition than what Zanesville will see in the LCL.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

MVLfan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:14 am Competition wise the small school MVL teams are much better competition than what Zanesville will see in the LCL.
West M has the footing to be competitive and play for league crowns in the MVL small. Zanesville doesn’t with the LCL big. Doesn’t mean MVL small is better competition than the LCL big.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

Agreed, I was just pointing out that I assume Zanesville would try to get him, being in their back yard. Granville job is now open too. That's another LCL big school that's opening. Mount Vernon hired a highly successful coach yesterday as well. A lot of shifting in the LCL, Zanesville might fall behind.

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

FACSPORTS wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:10 am Maybe they could get Dave Everson back? He was the DC for several years and had a lot of success at Zanesville.

Everson will be staying at Washington

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Bring back Grandstaff!

1gcfan
Riding the Bench

Post by 1gcfan »

Brownrigg would be a good fit at Granville a school that has a lot of success the past several years. MVL to Granville has been successful before!

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

1gcfan wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:30 pm Brownrigg would be a good fit at Granville a school that has a lot of success the past several years. MVL to Granville has been successful before!
Climbing the proverbial ladder so to speak.... MVL - Granville - OCC!!
I would believe Brownrigg will stick around West for a bit. He's got everything he'll want and need. School will continue to wisely give him total control of everything. Very rare in HS Coaching now a days.

Browns4life
Waterboy

Post by Browns4life »

1gcfan wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:30 pm Brownrigg would be a good fit at Granville a school that has a lot of success the past several years. MVL to Granville has been successful before!
No way they would take him. We all saw what happened last year the 2 games he actually had to coach. Garaway and Harvest Prep.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

Browns4life wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:05 pm
No way they would take him. We all saw what happened last year the 2 games he actually had to coach. Garaway and Harvest Prep.
Is this real? Basing judgment on 2 games vs State Semi Finalist?

Browns4life
Waterboy

Post by Browns4life »

Play60Football wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:13 am

1000%. Offensive game plan and play calling were atrocious in both. That team will go 5-5 next year. Zero development

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

This is an all-time terrible take. Coach Brownrigg drug the West M program out of the gutter in just a couple seasons. We are talking about a program that had an 0-40 streak within the last decade now winning league titles and playoff games.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

Browns4life wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:37 pm

1000%. Offensive game plan and play calling were atrocious in both. That team will go 5-5 next year. Zero development
That's very interesting. Play calling and what not, that's whatever. You have Sesay so the game plan better be give the ball to him as much and as often as possible. The development take is way off track. Brownrigg did the smart thing when he took over and totally revamped the weight program and speed development before anything else can be obtained. They're not big in terms of size wise but they're definitely big in strength and power.
Will they have a drop off next year.... Maybe. That's to be expected after this class is gone, having multiple starters as Fr develop over 4 years. But their culture and development should keep them sustainable, especially in the MVL Small. Plus keep getting transfers from surrounding district who are struggling.

Browns4life
Waterboy

Post by Browns4life »

pioneer19 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:29 pm
This is an all-time terrible take. Coach Brownrigg drug the West M program out of the gutter in just a couple seasons. We are talking about a program that had an 0-40 streak within the last decade now winning league titles and playoff games.

No it’s a spot on take. The athletes that have came thru the last few years have a lot to do with that. The cycle of players just worked out well for WM. The other teams were down and west wasn’t.

Browns4life
Waterboy

Post by Browns4life »

Play60Football wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:17 am
Browns4life wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:37 pm

That's very interesting. Play calling and what not, that's whatever. You have Sesay so the game plan better be give the ball to him as much and as often as possible. The development take is way off track. Brownrigg did the smart thing when he took over and totally revamped the weight program and speed development before anything else can be obtained. They're not big in terms of size wise but they're definitely big in strength and power.
Will they have a drop off next year.... Maybe. That's to be expected after this class is gone, having multiple starters as Fr develop over 4 years. But their culture and development should keep them sustainable, especially in the MVL Small. Plus keep getting transfers from surrounding district who are struggling.

Everyone in the stadium, on YouTube and on the field knew he was getting the ball. That works in muskingum county not against good teams. The senior class for next year is more talented than last years as a whole. But you will see the no development come Friday nights.

Return to “Football”