Zanesville job

enigmaax
All State

Re: Zanesville job

Post by enigmaax »

Browns4life wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:38 am
pioneer19 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:29 pm
Browns4life wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:05 pm

No way they would take him. We all saw what happened last year the 2 games he actually had to coach. Garaway and Harvest Prep.
This is an all-time terrible take. Coach Brownrigg drug the West M program out of the gutter in just a couple seasons. We are talking about a program that had an 0-40 streak within the last decade now winning league titles and playoff games.

No it’s a spot on take. The athletes that have came thru the last few years have a lot to do with that. The cycle of players just worked out well for WM. The other teams were down and west wasn’t.
High school coaches “actually have to coach” EVERY game and more importantly for several weeks prior to the season to have success.

Sorry but, one cycle of kids doesn’t magically turn a program from 7-93 over a whole decade to winning playoff games. The guy won almost as many games his second year as the program had done in 10 and the last two years they’re 19-5. It is idiotic to say that any reasonable person would look at any part of that and not want that coach.

Browns4life
Waterboy

Post by Browns4life »

enigmaax wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:59 am
pioneer19 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:29 pm

This is an all-time terrible take. Coach Brownrigg drug the West M program out of the gutter in just a couple seasons. We are talking about a program that had an 0-40 streak within the last decade now winning league titles and playoff games.

No it’s a spot on take. The athletes that have came thru the last few years have a lot to do with that. The cycle of players just worked out well for WM. The other teams were down and west wasn’t.
High school coaches “actually have to coach” EVERY game and more importantly for several weeks prior to the season to have success.

Sorry but, one cycle of kids doesn’t magically turn a program from 7-93 over a whole decade to winning playoff games. The guy won almost as many games his second year as the program had done in 10 and the last two years they’re 19-5. It is idiotic to say that any reasonable person would look at any part of that and not want that coach.
It’s idiotic to think that way. If I’m a coach you know when you play west you need to focus all your energy on one player. Been that way for the last 4 years. Zero development. You’re giving him to much credit.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

Who would of thought that a program that goes 7-93 over a 10 year period would say that going 27-17 with a league championship and 2 playoff wins (only 2 in school history!) would be overrated and not good enough!! All because they lost to 2 State Qualifying teams.... high school sports are pretty awesome!

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Browns4life wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:43 am

It’s idiotic to think that way. If I’m a coach you know when you play west you need to focus all your energy on one player. Been that way for the last 4 years. Zero development. You’re giving him to much credit.
(2-8)
(6-4)
(9-3) MVL runner up / playoff win
(10-2) MVL champs / playoff win

I don't know man, seems like more than "zero development" taking place. I've been impressed with West M the last two times I've watched them. It's just unfortunate they ran into Harvest Prep in the playoffs. Bottom line, Zanesville would be lucky to have a proven program builder like Brownrigg take over. The Blue Devils have really fallen on some hard times.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

lol, so 19 out of the last 24 teams they played couldn’t find a way to stop one player?

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

pioneer19 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:40 pm

(2-8)
(6-4)
(9-3) MVL runner up / playoff win
(10-2) MVL champs / playoff win

I don't know man, seems like more than "zero development" taking place. I've been impressed with West M the last two times I've watched them. It's just unfortunate they ran into Harvest Prep in the playoffs. Bottom line, Zanesville would be lucky to have a proven program builder like Brownrigg take over. The Blue Devils have really fallen on some hard times.
The original take came from "Granville wouldn't take him" but I believe Granville got Coach Schroeder from Allen East with a similar path that Brownrigg is on. I know Allen East wasn't what West was before but i believe the Small School Success to Medium School path applies. Someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

Like i've said previously i'd be shocked if Brownrigg goes anywhere, he's got all the support and resources a coach could want at West.... You'd get the polar opposite from Zanesville. But the notion that Brownrigg couldn't coach at Granville is a pretty weird take! Maybe he could maybe he couldn't who knows but he did get 10 years of direct coaching school from the man who got Granville to this point in Buttermore

To the original topic, is there anyone that would want the Zanesville job?? Young Coach, Old Coach?? Any list of applicants?

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

From my understanding zanesville got them a good one wish him luck

Browns4life
Waterboy

Post by Browns4life »

Albundy33 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:53 pm From my understanding zanesville got them a good one wish him luck
I agree. I think he will do amazing

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

Not so sure about that. The guy walked into a program on the rise at VC with 3 stacked classes. Now it’s rebuilding time he tucked his tail and bailed.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

VC94 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:13 am Not so sure about that. The guy walked into a program on the rise at VC with 3 stacked classes. Now it’s rebuilding time he tucked his tail and bailed.
Pulled the old cut-n-run move. :mrgreen:

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

TJ Carper??

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

This isn’t surprising. I’ve met and talked with TJ several times and he is a great person and very knowledgeable. He’ll do great at any job he takes.

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

He will continue to rise through the football ranks congratulations coach carper

Return to “Football”