Logan football

Sfmf55
Waterboy

Logan football

Post by Sfmf55 »

Is Logan keeping coach eddy? I haven’t heard anything saying he’s fired or resigned or anything. But he’s been at Logan for how long now? Since 2019 if I’m not mistaken and hasn’t had a winning record since he’s been there. Hasn’t beat Jackson and hasn’t made the playoffs. He can’t be the guy Logan is wanting to start there era in the OCC. I know he’s a great locker room guy and is a good man. Just hasn’t had the results at Logan. We need a coach who has proved he can win against central Ohio teams and eddy just isn’t it. I moved away from Ohio two years ago now so maybe I’m just not hearing what everyone else thinks about him. Went to the season opener in 22 and we got beat down pretty hard. What’s the issue here? Hopefully by the time I move back to town Logan can be fighting to go at least .500

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Logan football

Post by loganlocos »

Eddy is being retained for 2024.

Last season was a massive disappointment inside and outside the locker room.

New offensive coordinator (coming from outside the system) and potential some other changes on the staff coming.

Good amount of players returning. Very tough schedule on tap. It'll be a year where the program has to take a step forward.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Logan has fallen a LONG way. Don’t understand how they can underperform the way they do with the facilities, tradition, program support, etc they have. Any challenge or obstacle they have is also true for basically any other team in SEO.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Just a few years ago Logan could have gotten into the TVC if it weren’t for a few selfish people at certain schools in the conference and a few others who are terrified of a little competition. If they would have gotten in we wouldn’t be having this discussion now. They would be well on their way back in most sports. As for those selfish and scared schools, well they still aren’t doing well and can’t beat anyone outside the TVC and they’ve ran a few schools out and now instead of growing they’re on a downward trajectory.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

They just will never compete in the new league.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

boss8 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:35 pm Logan has fallen a LONG way. Don’t understand how they can underperform the way they do with the facilities, tradition, program support, etc they have. Any challenge or obstacle they have is also true for basically any other team in SEO.
The community support definitely isn't what it used to be. A big part of that was moving the stadium outside of town.

A lot of things about the program have been stagnant a long time - under three very different head coaches - and until those underlying things are changed, evolved, etc, it's going to be tough for sure.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:22 am
boss8 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:35 pm Logan has fallen a LONG way. Don’t understand how they can underperform the way they do with the facilities, tradition, program support, etc they have. Any challenge or obstacle they have is also true for basically any other team in SEO.
The community support definitely isn't what it used to be. A big part of that was moving the stadium outside of town.

A lot of things about the program have been stagnant a long time - under three very different head coaches - and until those underlying things are changed, evolved, etc, it's going to be tough for sure.
still better in all of those areas (support, facilities, tradition) than most places in the area, especially when compared to a Marietta

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Post by GrumpyPundit »

It’s a shame that the Logan vs Jackson week 1 football game will end after 2024.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

2024 Logan Football schedule:

8/23 - Vs Jackson
8/30 - At Nelsonville-York
9/6 - Vs Warren
9/13 - Vs Pickerington Central *
9/20 - At Newark *
9/27 - At Reynoldsburg *
10/4 - Vs Lancaster *
10/11 - At Canal Winchester *
10/18 - At Groveport-Madison *
10/25 - Vs Teays Valley

2025 Logan Football schedule:
8/22 - At Athens
8/29 - Vs Nelsonville-York
9/5 - At Warren
9/12 - At Pickerington Central *
9/19 - Vs Newark *
9/26 - Vs Reynoldsburg *
10/3 - At Lancaster *
10/10 - Vs Canal Winchester *
10/17 - Vs Groveport-Madison *
10/24 - At Teays Valley *

SugarDaddy
JV Team

Post by SugarDaddy »

My advice is play the OCC schedule, see where you are at. Give it a few years. That has to be your first priority. Are you competitive ? If not, get out and go Indy again. Start the process over looking for a new fit. Athletics is usually an ongoing changing situation.

I advised against the coach hire. Still think he is a mistake. But until the Board takes a smart pill, I don’t expect any success . A new coach may not change what is unrealistic a schedule of OCC teams to be . My fear is not only will football fail in the OCC, but all sports , boys and girls will get their tails kicked and totally ruin sports in Logan and create poor outcomes in student development.

Logan has a crisis in leadership.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Best of luck to Coach Eddy.

1gcfan
Riding the Bench

Post by 1gcfan »

The OCC alignment is pretty tough. However, these are mostly the schools that wanted to leave the OCC and form their own league. I don't seem how Logan will do much in football, boy and girls basketball the next few years. Where is Westland and Franklin Heights when you need them!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

1gcfan wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:12 pm The OCC alignment is pretty tough. However, these are mostly the schools that wanted to leave the OCC and form their own league. I don't seem how Logan will do much in football, boy and girls basketball the next few years. Where is Westland and Franklin Heights when you need them!
Franklin Heights is leaving the OCC.

After the Falcons are gone, Logan will be the smallest and most geographically isolated school in the league.

Having lived in Central Ohio for 20 years - my observation is the thing that seperates the "Haves" from the "Have nots" is growth (or maybe turnover is a better word).

When you join the OCC, you bet that growth will propel you for success. I think that is Teays Valley's bet. That's the correct bet that Canal Winchester made and the bet I think Bloom-Carroll will make in the next decade.

I don't know what the population trends look like in Hocking County. But growth will be key to any future success.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

GrumpyPundit wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:44 pm It’s a shame that the Logan vs Jackson week 1 football game will end after 2024.
Why? They at least have someone they have a chance to beat right now with replacing Jackson for Logan.

Return to “Football”