Ironton JR DB Josh Johnson D1 Offers (23)

Tri_State79
Varsity

Re: Ironton JR DB Josh Johnson D1 Offers (23)

Post by Tri_State79 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:03 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:25 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:30 am Yeah it's kind of weird this gets updated unless ohbuckeye is his coach or parents. I think its great he's getting offers but weird to alert everyone.
Kind of weird that the guy’s complaining are the ones looking at it lol. This is a Southeastern Ohio football category, which this post is all about. If you haven’t noticed, I update all the young men at Ironton that has offers. I’m just an Ironton alumni, the only player I’m related to is the Kicker (not his parent), he’s pretty darn good too.
Saying it's weird is not the same as a complaint. Just an observation with an opinion.

It's weird because instead of updating his list you comment as well, as if you're trying to semantically weave another point in. Most of us know your tactic, which most of us find odd. Cue the video above.
Why is it weird? Provide more context

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:20 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:25 pm

Kind of weird that the guy’s complaining are the ones looking at it lol. This is a Southeastern Ohio football category, which this post is all about. If you haven’t noticed, I update all the young men at Ironton that has offers. I’m just an Ironton alumni, the only player I’m related to is the Kicker (not his parent), he’s pretty darn good too.
Saying it's weird is not the same as a complaint. Just an observation with an opinion.

It's weird because instead of updating his list you comment as well, as if you're trying to semantically weave another point in. Most of us know your tactic, which most of us find odd. Cue the video above.
He could easily just update the list but he responds to his own posts. Weird.

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

How does Coach Pendleton keep getting these kids offers like this ? We’ve never seen this before in SEO.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:15 pm

I respond to the post to bump it to the top, so you don’t have to search for it. 😉

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:21 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:15 pm

I respond to the post to bump it to the top, so you don’t have to search for it. 😉
Well carry on then good luck in your future posts.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Larry Fine wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:12 pm How does Coach Pendleton keep getting these kids offers like this ? We’ve never seen this before in SEO.
Yup. Those kids aint doing any work at all. Smh

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:01 am
Larry Fine wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:12 pm How does Coach Pendleton keep getting these kids offers like this ? We’ve never seen this before in SEO.
Absolutely agree!

I’m sure Pendleton is helping in every way possible, but these kids are the reason for these offers. They are doing the work, etc to make this happen. Athletically blessed kids willing to also work hard to better themselves.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:31 am
Absolutely agree!

I’m sure Pendleton is helping in every way possible, but these kids are the reason for these offers. They are doing the work, etc to make this happen. Athletically blessed kids willing to also work hard to better themselves.
Lotta people dont wanna admit it but the modern landscape requires hard work and self promotion via social media etc. Pendleton showed these kids a blueprint but the kids do the work and deserve the credit for THEIR accomplishments. 💯

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:54 am

Absolutely agree!

Lotta people dont wanna admit it but the modern landscape requires hard work and self promotion via social media etc. Pendleton showed these kids a blueprint but the kids do the work and deserve the credit for THEIR accomplishments. 💯

I think it’s a 2 way street. The boys are doing the work , no doubt , but Coach Pendleton has shown them how to prepare and has the connections to make things happen. Who else is doing this ? NO ONE

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:26 pm

Absolutely agree!

I think it’s a 2 way street. The boys are doing the work , no doubt , but Coach Pendleton has shown them how to prepare and has the connections to make things happen. Who else is doing this ? NO ONE
Pendleton and staff are young and that combined with Pendletons tenure as a D1 P5 athelete and all the networking he has collected along the way, provide an access to knowledge and resources/ connections that are unique to the area and other area coaching staffs. Combined with disciplined and hard working young people = the present positive results.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:45 pm

Pendleton and staff are young and that combined with Pendletons tenure as a D1 P5 athelete and all the networking he has collected along the way, provide an access to knowledge and resources/ connections that are unique to the area and other area coaching staffs. Combined with disciplined and hard working young people = the present positive results.
Positive results with these kids going to the next level. Results on the field have been suspect. Definitely underachieving given the talent advantage.

This will be an enormous year for IHS. Big senior class with lots of talent throughout the roster. If Pendleton can’t win a state title this year, then when will ever be able to?

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:54 pm

Positive results with these kids going to the next level. Results on the field have been suspect. Definitely underachieving given the talent advantage.

This will be an enormous year for IHS. Big senior class with lots of talent throughout the roster. If Pendleton can’t win a state title this year, then when will ever be able to?
Highly unlikely he or any other seo team will win the state championship. Any seo team is at a huge disadvantage talent wise every year and then add to the fact that he either cant or doesnt want to cut out the dumb personal fouls and turnovers.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

gobucs20 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:50 pm

Highly unlikely he or any other seo team will win the state championship. Any seo team is at a huge disadvantage talent wise every year and then add to the fact that he either cant or doesnt want to cut out the dumb personal fouls and turnovers.
I agree with your comment to a certain point. Most SEO schools don’t have the talent, participation numbers, etc.

But how can IHS be at a talent disadvantage? No other D5 team in the entire state produces college D1 players like IHS. Not even close.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

With respect to talent my opinion is there are different degrees of "d1 talent."

Interesting observation. CJ Hicks much like Reid Carrico has logged limited time and production at LB for Ohio State. However even with consideration to the intent to move Styles in the LB room also, Ohio State made sure they went out this offseason and secured a nice big NIL bag for Hicks to keep him out of the portal but they let Carrico go with not as much as a blink. Thats not by accident. I think the transition from d5 seo ball where physical gifts are often enough to overwhelm your opponent and technique isnt as required or learned, to P5d1 ball where many kids who do play significant roles have had that experience is an example of my point. These seo kids, recruit or not, not much difference in them really skill wise.

Return to “Football”