SCOL Expanding?

GoBucks1047
Varsity

SCOL Expanding?

Post by GoBucks1047 »

http://timesgazette.com/news/4734/scol-expanding

The league has announced interest in expanding to 12 members. Their main goal is to create a big school division and a little school division, mainly because of the size of East Clinton. No schools have been mentioned who they're interested in, but I'm sure Jackson will be on the list of potential members. Also can't rule out Unioto, Circleville, Logan Elm, and Teays Valley, but whether they want to leave their league is another question.

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Re: SCOL Expanding?

Post by GoBucks1047 »

After reading through the article again, might want to keep an eye on the SVC and SHAC schools.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This could result into some big changes

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Agree

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

Everyone is welcome but Jackson. Mike Smith just said this on WKKJ. I would love to see Unioto or Westfall go to the SCOL and Waverly to the SVC.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Interesting article, I hope we are considered and further hope all options are taken into account.

The article mentions 100 miles between Clinton-Massie and Jackson which is 40 some miles further than the longest trip now. I think everyone realizes that 100 miles maybe isn't as big of deal for a Friday night football game when the weekend is the day after and leaving a little early and getting home a little late on a bus perhaps isn't such a big deal. The rub being all the weekday trips for volleyball, basketball, etc. which is a different matter altogether.

Question. Is is possible that Jackson could pull off being a member in the SCOL in football and perhaps a member in the SOC (or TVC as examples) in everything else? Might be able to throw wrestling into the SCOL as well as many of the league meets are weekend based.

We are too big of a school for a lot of the leagues around here in football but all other sports we are pretty competitive with on a yearly basis.

Maybe there is a way to include the other sports in the SCOL as well and schedule your way out of the distance problem by taking the longest trips and pushing them to a Friday/Saturday. Volleyball or basketball with Clinton-Massie for example would be a Friday/Saturday event and not a Tuesday event.

Maybe there is some combination that makes sense for everyone. Love to see Jackson considered, I think our kids, facilities and fans bring a lot to the table.

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

Looks like it would make more sense to boot the Clinton County schools and Bring in Jackson, Circleville and Unioto, schools their own size. Even Waverly would fit as far as I am concerned.
Last edited by Bigdog on Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

A buddy of mine in Chillicothe told me that Unioto would never leave the SVC. They like being the BIG fish in a small pond.
Last edited by theburgtheword on Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Contact the mayor of Ashton to come to the meeting. We would like to apply

sibibis45
JV Team

Post by sibibis45 »

Unioto will never leave the SVC. They should dominate that league in almost all sports.

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Honestly, I'd like to see more geographical regions come from expansion, I'd like to see East Clinton and Georgetown go to the SHAC and the SCOL add Jackson, Circleville, Logan Elm for sure, then look at Unioto, Teays Valley, or maybe Logan for potential expansion to 12. The West would have Clinton-Massie, Hillsboro, McClain, Miami Trace, Washington C.H., and Wilmington. The East would have Chillicothe, Circleville, Jackson, Logan Elm, and let's say Teays Valley, and Unioto to keep teams geographically separated and keep traditional rivalries. Doubt any of this will happen, but who knows.
Also, my proposed SHAC divisions would go:
Division 1 (Little): Fayetteville-Perry, Georgetown or Ripley, Leesburg-Fairfield, Manchester, Peebles, and Whiteoak
Division 2 (Big): East Clinton, Eastern Brown, Georgetown or Ripley, Lynchburg-Clay, North Adams, and West Union
Basically each county gets 2 teams per division (Adams, Brown, Highland/East Clinton) to try to keep travel even and divide the schools by size.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

GoBucks1047 wrote:Honestly, I'd like to see more geographical regions come from expansion, I'd like to see East Clinton and Georgetown go to the SHAC and the SCOL add Jackson, Circleville, Logan Elm for sure, then look at Unioto, Teays Valley, or maybe Logan for potential expansion to 12. The West would have Clinton-Massie, Hillsboro, McClain, Miami Trace, Washington C.H., and Wilmington. The East would have Chillicothe, Circleville, Jackson, Logan Elm, and let's say Teays Valley, and Unioto to keep teams geographically separated and keep traditional rivalries. Doubt any of this will happen, but who knows.
Also, my proposed SHAC divisions would go:
Division 1 (Little): Fayetteville-Perry, Georgetown or Ripley, Leesburg-Fairfield, Manchester, Peebles, and Whiteoak
Division 2 (Big): East Clinton, Eastern Brown, Georgetown or Ripley, Lynchburg-Clay, North Adams, and West Union
Basically each county gets 2 teams per division (Adams, Brown, Highland/East Clinton) to try to keep travel even and divide the schools by size.

This sounds good

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
stephenhcp
Waterboy

Post by stephenhcp »

Here is the article I wrote on Friday about the SCOL. I was told they were open to anyone applying.

http://highlandcountypress.com/main.asp ... leID=30752

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

stephenhcp wrote:Here is the article I wrote on Friday about the SCOL. I was told they were open to anyone applying.

http://highlandcountypress.com/main.asp ... leID=30752

Travel may be a problem
But Jackson City schools are first class in education and athletics
Fans travel well and are respectful for the most part
The facilities are top notch
The football program is top notch
Other sports do the best they can and have had some success
I hope they will give Jackson a good look as they need a home and Imo would be a good addition to any conference

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

www.timesjournal.com
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Gozer the Traveler — he will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii, the Traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Mekitrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him — that of a giant Sloar! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of a Sloar that day, I can tell you!" — Ghostbusters

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

http://www.timesjournal.com/news/articl ... l?mode=jqm

Bad News for the Ironmen, SCOL came out and apoligized saying they were not interested in them, but schools the around the size of East Clinton; in other related news, Point Pleasant (WV) apparently will apply to try to become a member of either the Tri-Valley Conference or the Ohio Valley Conference. I'll be starting a new topic on it, unless someone beats me to it. The latter news is via. Tweets by Paul Boggs of the Times Journal (Jackson County).

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

^ Stephen Forsha, Highland County Press, actually first reported it with his link above.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

Why would you boot Clinton Co schools when they make up 3 of the 8 teams?? This is a league based in Fayette, Clinton and Highland (7 of 8 teams). Why would you add teams 80 miles away out in the middle of nowhere? E. Clinton is not going to leave to go to a non football league. None of this makes any sense. The best option would be for the SVC and the SCOL to merge into a super conf and go to a big school small school. IMO, Jackson would be great addition and fit, but the distance is the killer.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

A lot of these conferences around here want Jackson as a associate to play in all sports but football.So why don't they wanna play them in football??? Why don't they want Jackson in there conference??? Jackson has nice facilities and one of the largest fan base , which equals a large gate following??? I smell CHICKEN!!!!!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Oh no road hog don't open this can of worms lik

Return to “Football”