Burg releases their 24 schedule: projecting the regular season.

RBH23
S

Re: Burg releases their 24 schedule: projecting the regular season.

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:50 pm
fbnut wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:05 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:53 pm

Talk talk talk…

No substance, no credibility, nothing! Just talk.
I agree and I blocked him months ago. Do yourself a favor and do the same. He adds nothing to any discussion he’s in
The truth hurts. The people on here who try to equate irontons football program and burgs football program as similar or equal, are operating on emotion and a diluted perception because they are not, in ANY way, trending along the same tranjectory. Burgs coaching staff is getting old and as they age, are losing more and more ground to teams like Ironton and Prep who are in their region. Lets also keep in mind burg has the largest enrollment but the LEAST amount of talent on the filed year in and year out of those 3 programs in d5 r19. And Ironton and Prep enjoy the advantage of having younger and more ambitous coaching staffs with a higher ceiling to improve in comparison to the swiftly ageing burg staff who seems to be very close to being too old and weary to bring the same edge to their program.

Truth hurts bad. Lol
And the talk continues….

Again, put your money where your mouth is!

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:32 pm
fbnut wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:05 pm

I agree and I blocked him months ago. Do yourself a favor and do the same. He adds nothing to any discussion he’s in
The truth hurts. The people on here who try to equate irontons football program and burgs football program as similar or equal, are operating on emotion and a diluted perception because they are not, in ANY way, trending along the same tranjectory. Burgs coaching staff is getting old and as they age, are losing more and more ground to teams like Ironton and Prep who are in their region. Lets also keep in mind burg has the largest enrollment but the LEAST amount of talent on the filed year in and year out of those 3 programs in d5 r19. And Ironton and Prep enjoy the advantage of having younger and more ambitous coaching staffs with a higher ceiling to improve in comparison to the swiftly ageing burg staff who seems to be very close to being too old and weary to bring the same edge to their program.

Truth hurts bad. Lol
And the talk continues….

Largets enrollent = least amount of talent.

We can bet whatever. 5 and 5

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Tough schedule !!!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:08 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:32 pm

Truth hurts bad. Lol
And the talk continues….

Largets enrollent = least amount of talent.

We can bet whatever. 5 and 5
Nothing but talk. Sound like the teacher from Charlie Brown: wah-wah-wah…

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:55 am
fbnut wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:56 pm
LockHerUp wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:46 pm Great post bfan99. Ironton still has more homegrown talent than the burg...and probably always will. wheelersburg will always be our jealous little sibling. Take away the Vass years, and it's embarrassing.
Irontons program would still be about the same level as the vass yrs without all the recruits. It’s a little embarrassing that ironton fans refuse to admit it.
Wrong, The 2003 Ironton senior class won at every level from jr high and up. 7 Homegrown Tigers earned football scholarships from that class. That class went 15-1 and has the most wins (50) in any Ironton class history. Yes they did have 3 transfers that earned scholarships that year. Perkins, Keys & Fielder. To say “Program would be still be about the same level as the Vass years without all the recruits” is laughable. No way that class goes 3-7, 4-6, 5-5 & 4-6
Are you sure about that record because those three were probably about 70-75% of your offense that year. Take those three away and where is the offense coming from?

I'm surprised that the homegrown kids stick around because they bust their butts all through Junior High and Freshman and JV and then when they get to varsity they bring someone in that bumps a kid. I guess those kids getting bumped maybe are being brainwashed into believing that with these guys we brought in we will win State and you will get a big ring you can show off the rest of your life. Reality check!! It hasn't happened yet and you sat the bench all those years watching the recruits get the scholarships!!

It's obvious Pendleton is doing this recruiting for himself and that was evident before last season when he applied for the Moeller job but didn't tell anyone at Ironton. If I was the AD and administration I would of fired his butt in a heartbeat but for some reason you all think of him as a God up there.

Keep winning those

Regional championships baby! Maybe someday you will get to the promised land!!!

If you ain't first, you're last!!!!

Ohio1979
Riding the Bench

Post by Ohio1979 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:29 am

Irontons program would still be about the same level as the vass yrs without all the recruits. It’s a little embarrassing that ironton fans refuse to admit it.
Wrong, The 2003 Ironton senior class won at every level from jr high and up. 7 Homegrown Tigers earned football scholarships from that class. That class went 15-1 and has the most wins (50) in any Ironton class history. Yes they did have 3 transfers that earned scholarships that year. Perkins, Keys & Fielder. To say “Program would be still be about the same level as the Vass years without all the recruits” is laughable. No way that class goes 3-7, 4-6, 5-5 & 4-6
Are you sure about that record because those three were probably about 70-75% of your offense that year. Take those three away and where is the offense coming from?

I'm surprised that the homegrown kids stick around because they bust their butts all through Junior High and Freshman and JV and then when they get to varsity they bring someone in that bumps a kid. I guess those kids getting bumped maybe are being brainwashed into believing that with these guys we brought in we will win State and you will get a big ring you can show off the rest of your life. Reality check!! It hasn't happened yet and you sat the bench all those years watching the recruits get the scholarships!!

It's obvious Pendleton is doing this recruiting for himself and that was evident before last season when he applied for the Moeller job but didn't tell anyone at Ironton. If I was the AD and administration I would of fired his butt in a heartbeat but for some reason you all think of him as a God up there.

Keep winning those

Pretty sure he is the AD. Hard to justify firing someone with the record that he has. Are you mad at him for applying for a D1 coaching job?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ohio1979 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:53 am

Keep winning those

Pretty sure he is the AD. Hard to justify firing someone with the record that he has. Are you mad at him for applying for a D1 coaching job?

I'm surprised it took him this long to apply for a position somewhere else! Can't blame him for wanting to go to a bigger school but why be so secretive about it and the sad thing is when he leaves and they bring in a coach that can't bring in kids like he has, where will that leave Ironton then? They won't have a conference to play in and trying to schedule 10 schools every year without a conference schedule will catch up to them eventually.

Do you think once he leaves, because it's going to happen, that they try and get back into the OVC or do you think they have lost the chance to ever play in that conference again?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:55 am
Ohio1979 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:53 am

Keep winning those

I'm surprised it took him this long to apply for a position somewhere else! Can't blame him for wanting to go to a bigger school but why be so secretive about it and the sad thing is when he leaves and they bring in a coach that can't bring in kids like he has, where will that leave Ironton then? They won't have a conference to play in and trying to schedule 10 schools every year without a conference schedule will catch up to them eventually.

Do you think once he leaves, because it's going to happen, that they try and get back into the OVC or do you think they have lost the chance to ever play in that conference again?
Well said.

Ironton is not running the “Ironton” football program, they are running the “Pendleton” football program. If he leaves, where does that leave Ironton? Possibly in a really bad spot which is why I’m not a fan of what they are doing. Never want Burg in that position.

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:56 pm

And burgs so called program with all of the seops touted "superior coaching and culture" has only made it beyond their region like 3 times in the last 30 years. = that is pitiful on its own but it goes even deeper. Pendletons teams head to head have gotten the best of Woodards teams. And will beat them yet again this year.
And the ONLY thing consistent about burg football is they will get beat by Ironton and by Harvest Prep and by Jackson where they have a losing head to head record as well vs all 3 programs. Harvest Prep being the most pronounced. They have made burg their doormat. Those lil soft suburban boys get bounced around and outmuscled and outworked by those city kids at Prep sorta in the same way they fold up when they play Ironton. Idk what burg has to even yap about. It took burg their programs entire existence to accumulate 2 state titles and Ironton did that in 10 years time. And now burg barely gets beyond a 3rd rnd playoff game in a VERY watered down field cause just like the regular season, if they are not playing Minford or waverly or Nw they FOLD like lawn chairs. Lol.

5 and 5 is more than generous of a prediction for a program that has taken a step back in production and success.
Talk talk talk…

You Mad Bro
GO FIGHTING TIGERS

Go Ironton Fighting Tigers, GoTexas Longhorns
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

IrontonTigers#1 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:41 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:56 pm

And burgs so called program with all of the seops touted "superior coaching and culture" has only made it beyond their region like 3 times in the last 30 years. = that is pitiful on its own but it goes even deeper. Pendletons teams head to head have gotten the best of Woodards teams. And will beat them yet again this year.
And the ONLY thing consistent about burg football is they will get beat by Ironton and by Harvest Prep and by Jackson where they have a losing head to head record as well vs all 3 programs. Harvest Prep being the most pronounced. They have made burg their doormat. Those lil soft suburban boys get bounced around and outmuscled and outworked by those city kids at Prep sorta in the same way they fold up when they play Ironton. Idk what burg has to even yap about. It took burg their programs entire existence to accumulate 2 state titles and Ironton did that in 10 years time. And now burg barely gets beyond a 3rd rnd playoff game in a VERY watered down field cause just like the regular season, if they are not playing Minford or waverly or Nw they FOLD like lawn chairs. Lol.

5 and 5 is more than generous of a prediction for a program that has taken a step back in production and success.
Talk talk talk…

You Mad Bro
GO FIGHTING TIGERS
Not mad at all.

If he truly believes Burg will go 5-5, then let’s put some money on it. If not willing to do so, then obviously all talk with no substance.

Valley91
Waterboy

Post by Valley91 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:08 am
Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:44 pm Haven't had a 5 loss season since 02, and only 3 since 1971 lol. don't foresee that happening this year
Yea BUT burg has shown us they cant beat ironton prep or jackson consistently, and Cincy MC will probably get em this year and the P west game is at P West

I feel good about 5 and 5 cause its consistent with who burg is now.
Yea Burg hasn’t been able to beat Prep last couple of years but neither has Ironton.

Ohio1979
Riding the Bench

Post by Ohio1979 »

Valley91 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:05 am
Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:44 pm Haven't had a 5 loss season since 02, and only 3 since 1971 lol. don't foresee that happening this year
Yea BUT burg has shown us they cant beat ironton prep or jackson consistently, and Cincy MC will probably get em this year and the P west game is at P West

Yea Burg hasn’t been able to beat Prep last couple of years but neither has Ironton.
Not true. Ironton skunked prep in the playoffs the year before last

Valley91
Waterboy

Post by Valley91 »

Ohio1979 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:16 am

What once in the Pendleton era? How many times as prep beat ironton? More than ironton has beaten prep.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Valley91 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:23 am
What once in the Pendleton era? How many times as prep beat ironton? More than ironton has beaten prep.
Pendleton is 2-1 against Harvest Prep. Ironton is also 2–1 all time against prep. Try again

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

Nope if you look at the record Ironton has dominated Prep. They have only won against Ironton 1 Time I have every game Ironton has ever played written down since Ironton has had A Football Team since 1902.

Go Ironton Fighting Tigers, GoTexas Longhorns
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

IrontonTigers#1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:58 pm

Nope if you look at the record Ironton has dominated Prep. They have only won against Ironton 1 Time I have every game Ironton has ever played written down since Ironton has had A Football Team since 1902.
How did we end up with Ironton and Valley fans debating Ironton versus Harvest Prep on a post about Wheelersburg’s 2024 football schedule? 🤦‍♂️

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

Burg should have pretty good backfield this year with some players who saw decent amount of playing time last year In-Cunningham and Brown. Would also like to see Emnett carry the ball some. I guess at end of day it’s gonna come down to how offensive line plays and the development of Rucker at qb.
On defense I’m interested to see who steps up at linebacker position.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TomUnessa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:44 pm Burg should have pretty good backfield this year with some players who saw decent amount of playing time last year In-Cunningham and Brown. Would also like to see Emnett carry the ball some. I guess at end of day it’s gonna come down to how offensive line plays and the development of Rucker at qb.
On defense I’m interested to see who steps up at linebacker position.
Very interested in seeing Rucker’s progress. How well this team does is very dependent on him.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Defense never worries me it’s the offense. They’ve had some good backs and always have a good line but the qb play has left some to be desired. Curious to see the young man’s progression as he’s in year 3(?) of being the starter

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:45 pm Defense never worries me it’s the offense. They’ve had some good backs and always have a good line but the qb play has left some to be desired. Curious to see the young man’s progression as he’s in year 3(?) of being the starter
Well said.

This is will be his junior year, and second as a starter. Although he did get some varsity playing time as a freshman.

Return to “Football”