Burg releases their 24 schedule: projecting the regular season.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Re: Burg releases their 24 schedule: projecting the regular season.

Post by Bfan99 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:50 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:55 am
Ohio1979 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:53 am

Pretty sure he is the AD. Hard to justify firing someone with the record that he has. Are you mad at him for applying for a D1 coaching job?

I'm surprised it took him this long to apply for a position somewhere else! Can't blame him for wanting to go to a bigger school but why be so secretive about it and the sad thing is when he leaves and they bring in a coach that can't bring in kids like he has, where will that leave Ironton then? They won't have a conference to play in and trying to schedule 10 schools every year without a conference schedule will catch up to them eventually.

Do you think once he leaves, because it's going to happen, that they try and get back into the OVC or do you think they have lost the chance to ever play in that conference again?
Well said.

Ironton is not running the “Ironton” football program, they are running the “Pendleton” football program. If he leaves, where does that leave Ironton? Possibly in a really bad spot which is why I’m not a fan of what they are doing. Never want Burg in that position.
I believe if Trevon leaves Jerrod will take over the program. I believe Jerrod has coached longer than Trevon. Jerrod coached at morehead st after playing there.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Bfan99 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:24 am

I'm surprised it took him this long to apply for a position somewhere else! Can't blame him for wanting to go to a bigger school but why be so secretive about it and the sad thing is when he leaves and they bring in a coach that can't bring in kids like he has, where will that leave Ironton then? They won't have a conference to play in and trying to schedule 10 schools every year without a conference schedule will catch up to them eventually.

Do you think once he leaves, because it's going to happen, that they try and get back into the OVC or do you think they have lost the chance to ever play in that conference again?
Well said.

Ironton is not running the “Ironton” football program, they are running the “Pendleton” football program. If he leaves, where does that leave Ironton? Possibly in a really bad spot which is why I’m not a fan of what they are doing. Never want Burg in that position.
I believe if Trevon leaves Jerrod will take over the program. I believe Jerrod has coached longer than Trevon. Jerrod coached at morehead st after playing there.
Burg has only made it out of their region like 3 times in the last 30 years they are so desperate now they are praying on what ifs hopin Pendleton leaves so Ironton doesnt keep whippin their a$$ lmao

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Bfan99 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:24 am

Well said.

But coaching is not what makes Ironton’s program run. Can Jerrod bring in the kids that Ironton needs to compete?

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Appears Burg will stay DV with the official CB coming out to be 13 and an adjusted number of 195

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Burg should go 7-3 maybe 8-2 they always play Ironton and Jackson tough.
Ironton game to open the season is always a tough game for both teams and they give Jackson all they want not saying they will win those games but they are not games to be taken lightly but either opponent

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

with the returning talent I can’t see the Burg losing more than two reg season games. I think they are in the top two in region 19 and I think they beat Jackson this year. They have Ironton at home this year and that I see as a three point game either way. A very disappointing season if they lose more than three games total this year. my prediction is 11-3 and a just miss regional championship.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Paulcrew wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:02 pm with the returning talent I can’t see the Burg losing more than two reg season games. I think they are in the top two in region 19 and I think they beat Jackson this year. They have Ironton at home this year and that I see as a three point game either way. A very disappointing season if they lose more than three games total this year. my prediction is 11-3 and a just miss regional championship.
The burg program hasnt been able to string together 11 wins the last few seasons lol. Why now?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Paulcrew wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:02 pm with the returning talent I can’t see the Burg losing more than two reg season games. I think they are in the top two in region 19 and I think they beat Jackson this year. They have Ironton at home this year and that I see as a three point game either way. A very disappointing season if they lose more than three games total this year. my prediction is 11-3 and a just miss regional championship.
Agree with that assessment.

The O should be improved and the D will be a typical Burg D. Probably another year from contending.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:57 pm

The O should be improved and the D will be a typical Burg D. Probably another year from contending.
Has your concerns regarding the horrendous offensive playcalling subsided?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:50 pm

I’ll give you that. That concern is still out there.

Burg can get lucky with IHS since their play calling goes off the rails, but IHS also has the athletes to make up for some of their inferior play calling. Burg is not so fortunate with Jackson.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:18 pm

Burg can get lucky with IHS since their play calling goes off the rails, but IHS also has the athletes to make up for some of their inferior play calling. Burg is not so fortunate with Jackson.
Whats the rumor and thoughts related regarding burgs former championship oc joining the staff at Ironton?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:33 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:18 pm

Whats the rumor and thoughts related regarding burgs former championship oc joining the staff at Ironton?
I’m hearing it’s a legit possibility. They are talking. Being told it comes down to timing and job possibilities.

IHS would be a great opportunity for him, especially given the talent IHS will have this year. Really hope he has his life together. He made some stupid mistakes at Burg.

That said, as an OC, he did have moments of brilliance at Burg and moments of “wth was he thinking?” Maybe he learned from that and is ready to prove himself.

Wish him the best of luck if he does decide to take the IHS job, although hope he has a “wth was he thinking” night against the Burg :)

Return to “Football”